Have speeds gone up for all ISP esp Utv

IrishGunner

Right in work so cannot check speeds at home

Have the speeds increased with all the ISP

Seems Eircom and BT's have anyone have Utv ?

On clicksilver plus

Ta

I'm on UTV Clicksilver ( 1 mb). This morning using the test in here http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/ my download speed is 1.7 mbps and upload is 200mbps. Don't know what's happening but on any previous speed tests I have run I didn't get speeds anything near those values but I ain't complaining :)

demoivre said:
I'm on UTV Clicksilver ( 1 mb). This morning using the test in here http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/ my download speed is 1.7 mbps and upload is 200mbps. Don't know what's happening but on any previous speed tests I have run I didn't get speeds anything near those values but I ain't complaining :)

Sorry, I just saw that this is already discussed in this thread.

have also increased their speeds from this morning:

Broadband Download speed increases from 1Mbps to 2Mbps

Broadband Upload speed increases from 128Kbps to 256Kbps

Broadband Plus Download speed increases from 2Mbps to 3Mbps

Broadband Plus Upload speed increases from 128Kbps to 384Kbps

Anyone have trouble connecting with Utv ?

On Monday 23rd wireless modem was working perfect but could not connect to Internet

Rang their 'customer service' & was told it 'might be' due to upgrades. I said where these not done over the weekend and they said they are ongoing.

Then rang again and went through the whole ping routine and the settings on the 192.168.1.1 modem configuration but still no joy ?

Dont know what the nearest exchange to me is living in the Coolock area

Anyone else have this problem ?

Yes, I had that problem too but I'm with BT Ireland and couldn't log on last night.

At least you actually spoke to someone in UTV. When I rang BT I was in a queue for a techie person for 20 mins and then they cut me off at 7.40. When I rang the number again the message said they closed at 7.30!

I did wonder if it was all BT customers that were having problems rather than just me but thought that if it was surely they would have stated that in their phone message when I was queuing to talk to someone.

I tried it again this morning before I left for work and it logged on to the internet no problem. So whatever the problem was it must be fixed.

I had the same problem. It was working fine at around 5pm, then the rest of the evening it was giving modem errors that the destination wasn't valid.
Didn't bother ringing them, I expected to just get fobbed off as you were.
(I'm also on the northside, not too far from Coolock)

No probs. connecting to UTV clicksilver Sunday night, yesterday or this am - I'm in the sunny south east.

reply from Utv customer service

Ericom did indeed upgrade a number of exchanges this weekend, we are aware this has caused a few issues which are still ongoing. We will update you when we get some info from Eircom which should be this morning

Will edit if I hear more

Guys

new to the broadband thing - I had a modem (UTV Clicksilver) delivered friday, connected it to my phone line and go a steady DSL signal (green light). Tried both USB & ethernet connection to PC, but couldn't log on (message was 'error acquiring IP address'). All software confisgured properly and went though insstructions a few times. Rang UTV - very helpful, said they'd log an phone fault with eircom. Is this related to this issue? I noted the modem was connected at 2 meg (I subscribed for a 1 meg service)

Quinno

I'm with Utv's ClicksilverPlus (2M but never got more than 1.7Mbps). When I read of the increase yesterday began checking. Speed went all over the place, up and down. Couldn't connect for a while and went through the Ipconfig stuff - release, renew etc. It eventually settled down and I'm now getting 2.56Mbps and 311kbps - quality 98%. So, there's been an ~ 1Mbps increase. It's a bit pricey at €45/month so I could trade down and I'd be getting the same speed as I was; except Utv would charge a fee for the downgrade and the extra speed is pretty nifty.

Just noticed that GeneralZod went from 1024-2048 (Eircom) so wondering now if speed is better with Eircom?
Or is that a blip? If not I'd consider returning to Eircom since I never had 2M even though paying for it. Can anyone answer that Q?

On Clicksilver (standard). Current upload speed is 1.44 Mbps; download is 207 Kbps.

Our UTV connection is giving a lot of grief this week. The middle light on the modem is going on and off very regularly and we cannot connect to the sites. This usually corrects itself without any intervention from us which makes me think it is something out in cyberspace is at fault. Any help out there. Could it be to do with the upgrading that is going on or do ye think we have a dodgy modem.

I only have UTV of late..have found that about 2 or 3 times now I've had to reset the modem by switching off & on again..other than that it performs pretty good.

ninsaga

IrishGunner - I'd say you are connected to the Belcamp exchange if they are using eircom exchanges. I don't live too far from Coolock and I am connected to the Belecamp exchange.

Yep think I am on the Belcamp exchange

speeds have gone up results below now all i want is my u/l speeds to go up

Download 2.57 mbps
upload 307 kbps

My upload speed doubled, download didn't budge - 776 down, 210 up
(on the basic 1Mb clicksilver)

UTV Clicksilver download speed 128Kbps not 256Kbps

Sometime last year UTV (along with other ISPs reselling eircom's wholesale DSL packages) upped their speeds from 512Kbps download/128Kbps upload to 1Mbps download/256Kbps upload. I benefited automatically from the increased download speed but my upload speed seems to be still stuck at around 128Kbps. Is there something that I need to do (e.g. DSL modem/router reconfiguration?) to avail of the increased upload speed?

Back