Good news for BT broadband users

DrMoriarty

Just got this email:
From 23rd January, BT Broadband will feature faster download speeds* for the same price.

Broadband Download speed increases from
tp.gif
1Mbps to 2Mbps

tp.gif
Broadband Upload speed increases from 128Kbps to 256Kbps

tp.gif

Broadband Plus Download speed increases from 2Mbps to 3Mbps

tp.gif
Broadband Plus Upload speed increases from 128Kbps to 384Kbps

More speed means music tracks download faster, video plays more smoothly, and web pages open with just a click. Your enjoyment online will increase, but your Broadband bill won’t!
Increased data transfer limits let you do more.

Along with speed increases, data transfer limits will also increase from 23rd January.
  • Broadband data transfer limit increases from 12GB to 20GB
  • Broadband Plus data transfer limit increases from 24GB to 30GB
  • Pity they can't upgrade their billing services... :rolleyes:

Smart is already 2MB, with no monthly limits.
[broken link removed]

I believe ntl are upgrading their packages as well. Magnet looks good too.

Anyone in the market for broadband needs to shop around, the offers are changing continuously. The only thing they all seem to have in common is a 12 mth contract! (except for Irish broadband I think), and of course average to poor customer service.

True. I'm only still with BT because their Talk Plus deal (unlimited calls to Irish landlines for €15/month) suits our usage patterns. Maybe I'll look again in a few months and try to convert my 'chattering classes' to VoIP...

Isn't the BT contract 6 months, at least thats what I was told when I signed up, then again I was told a lot when I signed up !

your no dipsy, chick. 6 months and I have them on a yellow card unless they get their act together I am going to another supplier as you could not be bothered arguing the toss with them all the time.

Netsource and a lot of the other ISPs are upgrading their users over the next few days. My home dsl line has already been upgraded :)

Re: Applies to eircom too

That applies to Eircom customers too. They have increased the speeds at which DSL modems are allowed synch up with the DSL access multiplexers in the local exchange. Any Internet service provider using eircom's DSL access network to get connectivity to their own gateways to the Internet also gets the speed increase.

See mine's gone from 1024/128 to 2048/256.

Wow - it works!

Download speed of 2.55 Mbps, Upload speed 310kbps. That's a hell of an improvement in upload anyway, had been having trouble uploading large files via email etc. I reckon it's actually THREE times faster than last week.

BT by the way...

Back