Hacked Medical records (HSE)

First of all, you will need the Tor browser to surf the dark web, then spend hours going from forum to forum to find links to popular market sites (dark web is isn't indexed by the likes of Google search engine). However, don't expect to stumble across your data. The perpetrators of this attack run this as a business, so they don't give away the data for free. They'll likely publish snippets to prove they have valuable data and package up the rest for sale to scammers.

Not a clue how you might find that out, and to tell you the truth I care less if they are or not. One thing's for sure, I won't be suing anyone if they are published and i've had plenty wrong medically over the years. I live in Ireland and am fairly certain the neighbours know everything anyway. If the rest of the country find out? So what?
I agree, who cares if they find out I've had my appendix out etc.

The solicitor in question has written a post - I'd have to agree with a great deal of what is said here.

I find it astonishing that people don't think this is a big deal; the "I don't care, so I don't see why anyone else should" response is quite incredible.

I have unfortunately lots of medical issues - many of them I couldn't care less if they were on the dark web! If someone knows I had an operation for gall stones I don't care however there are some issues I certainly wouldn't like publicly known! after reading the article by the solicitor it worries me a little as I've had loads of scam calls lately - one day I counted 12.
I would hope that if the HSE knew that any information regarding me was on the web that they would tell me.

I would hope that if the HSE knew that any information regarding me was on the web that they would tell me.
I don't believe that will happen.

many of them I couldn't care less if they were on the dark web! If someone knows I had an operation for gall stones I don't care however there are some issues I certainly wouldn't like publicly known
Again, it's not a question of what any person might be comfortable or otherwise being made public; *all* medical information is private and confidential and the paucity of response and action from HSE is disgraceful.

I was shocked to get a letter today from HSE saying my medical information had been part of the group hacked during the cyber attack. I thought it was all so long ago that I'd have known by now. My name, PPS, And medical information. As many have said on this thread there are many pieces of medical info I couldn't care less about but there are some things that are very private that I would hate if they ever became public. I'm just wondering what if anything should I be doing about this? What , if anything, have other people done? Theres a contact number on the letter which i will contact but would they even know if anything s published about me?

Theres a contact number on the letter which i will contact but would they even know if anything s published about me?
I know it's upsetting but as above, it's extremely unlikely that anyone you know will ever stumble across any of your confidential medical information.

The HSE have said the below. I suspect they have paid serious money to cybersecurity consultants on this for assurance and they would not be so categorical if they weren't very sure.

No evidence of scams or information online​

We have no evidence that any of the illegally accessed information has been used in criminal scams or fraud.

A small amount of information appeared on the 'dark web' in May 2021 and was later taken down. The dark web is a part of the internet you can only get to using special computer programs.

After more than 18 months of investigation and careful online monitoring, we have no evidence that any other information has been published online.

Back