Gosling Investments

M

mcoleman5

Does anybody have any experience of this someone selling software for this in this country.

Re: fixtures trading

I received a glossy brochure from a friend of mine who got this from Gosling Investments. Seems to me to be based on a simple but believeable premise but it falls into the "if it seems to good to be true then avoid it" category for me.

They don't provide any detailed information and certainly no information on potential losses that may occur. I've found little information on the web but it seems that the cost of the software is either €7500 or €15000...either way, a lot of money.

For that I would want a trial period where I could determine if the software is as good as presented and capable of the returns that they claim. I don't intend to pursue because if the system/software was as profitable as claimed (and based on a relatively small group of people using it, as stated) then they would not be marketing it; they would be using it to accrue the stated gains and smiling all the way to the bank.

My personal recommendation is to avoid them but if curiosity gets the better of you and you contact them tread carefully and don't hand over any large sums of money.

Good Luck.
P.S. if you do make contact please let the forum know how you got on.

Does anybody have any experience of this someone selling software for this in this country.

Too much money to risk but I find it amazing how hard it is to find any info thanks for your reply

I have looked at the company(?) website and there is no information on them.

They don't say whether it is a limited company or a registered trading name.

There is no Gosling Invesments registered as a company in the CRO.

There is a trading name registered there. It says that there is a company behind it, but the registration documents are not available.

They don't say who is behind the company.

They don't say what it does.

It looks from this that you must make your investment decision based only on information which they give you in private. You have no way of verifying the information independently.

You should not buy a product or make an investment based on a company which does not allow itself to be public scrutinised.

It may well be a genuine company. But the products which they appear to sell, fixtures trading, are also sold by others who are scam artists.

Brendan

Anyone else any news on this? I had one of their guys on to me today trying to sell it to me. its €7500 for the software and they guarantee at least a 1% turnover on all bets averaging from 3-5% on most. A 24 hour trial of the software would be good.

seriously thinking of investing with them.i have had a trial and the software does what it says..still edgy about initial investment of 7500..they are giving a guarantee of full refund if i am not making a profit..give me a good reason why i shouldn,t go for it..

"give me a good reason why i shouldn,t go for it."

Er, It isn't regulated! So, no investor protection what-so-ever.

Hoover offered a free flight with every purchase a few years back. Because they are a big company (with a reputation) they were able to honour this promise (even though it was a daft marketing idea) and cost them a fortune.

A few years ago, the French company Alstom (who are associated with the Luas) sold turbines for use in the generation of electricity on the basis of 90%+ reliability and with a $1M per day penalty if they broke down. Needless to say, the turbines were not this reliable and the penalty clauses cost the company so much money that the French government had to step in.

My point is I can market any product with a really attractive "money back" guarantee.
This DOES NOT MAKE IT a sound investment proposition. The promise of the money back may never be honoured.

If something sounds too good to be true. It probably is.

"Never invest in anything you can't illustrate with a crayon" - Peter Lynch

I'm also looking into this company as my friend is contemplating investing. The company provides software to allow investors to make profitable returns by backing all outcomes of a sporting event. They do not offer financial advice nor do they invest your money on your behalf both of which would require them to be regulated by the financial regulator. There is no regulation for selling software. Hence the reason why gosling are not regulated by the financial regulator. You cannot be regulated if there is no regulation.

I love the way these types of threads encourage so many new people to register on AAM :rolleyes:

I'm also looking into this company as my friend is contemplating investing. The company provides software to allow investors to make profitable returns by backing all outcomes of a sporting event. They do not offer financial advice nor do they invest your money on your behalf both of which would require them to be regulated by the financial regulator. There is no regulation for selling software. Hence the reason why gosling are not regulated by the financial regulator. You cannot be regulated if there is no regulation.

True, so any prospective customer should be aware that they are entrusting €7,500 to a company with absolutely no protection, and from this thread it appears that very little is known about the company.

Eddiehall - have you any connection with the company?

No i've no connection just curious and doing research into it. Quick Question: In relation to having "absolutely no protection" wouldnt you have consumer protection just like every other purchase? After all its not actually an investment, its the acquisition of a software program.

Also had an approach from this company.

Attached is a link to their site giving some further information on them and their activities. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has purchased the software or has gone further with this company.

www.goslinginvestments.com/portfolio

Would also be interested to hear of any other companies selling this type of software.

I love the way these types of threads encourage so many new people to register on AAM :rolleyes:

Oh look - there's another one.

According to the website, you get "the Piece of Mind (sic) that comes with dealing with a company that is a leader in the industry."

So what reputable authority decided that they were a leader?

Then why do they call themselves "Gosling Investments"?

I bought the software after a very hard sell from Gosling. I am not convinced the software works. You need to be an expert on Sports to find the trades they offer. By the time you find the odds you are looking for they have changed or have disappeared from the screen. I have it about 3 weeks now and have not made a penny so far. They say that they wil train and give you support but they take forever to get back to you when you call them and the training you could figure out yourself. It is not as simple as they say it is. Insist on a trial period before you buy the package. They will give you all sorts of excuses why they cant but stick to your guns

I bought the software after a very hard sell from Gosling. I am not convinced the software works. You need to be an expert on Sports to find the trades they offer. By the time you find the odds you are looking for they have changed or have disappeared from the screen. I have it about 3 weeks now and have not made a penny so far. They say that they wil train and give you support but they take forever to get back to you when you call them and the training you could figure out yourself. It is not as simple as they say it is. Insist on a trial period before you buy the package. They will give you all sorts of excuses why they cant but stick to your guns

Great, this is exactly the information that I needed, someone who has had first hand experience of the software.
I'll admit it does appeal to me but the initial outlay is too much for me with this type of feedback.
However, I will follow up with them and attempt to get a trial period.
I'll let you all know how I go.

If there are any other individuals out there who have purchased the package, please let us know about your experience.

Cheers!

They charged me for the trial period which lasted 24 hrs. You need much longer. They also show trades with a lot of US bookies that you need to exchange money to use. This is complicated and expensive. The US bookies can be filtered out but then you get shown less trades. If it was limited to European bookies it would be simpler. I have filtered out the US bookies and the trades have all but disappeared bar one or two. I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has purchased.

I have had the hard sell in Aug. After trying to contact me unsuccessfully on my mobile I was left a message saying that unfortunatly they had just sold the last licence for the software. Suprise suprise I recieved a call a few days later to say they had a few left. I asked the guy to phone me in an hour as I was driving at the time. I also asked was Fixture trading not just Sports Arbitrage trading with a different name. He said they were not the same but I think they are. He did not call back. I notice they are still selling to others above. I guess they have not run out of licences yet!

I have spent some time searching on-line for Fixture Trading. There seems to be only a few sites that mention it. I feel that is because Gosling have come up with this term to try and differientiate themselves from Sprots Arbitrage which has many sites with info. The only "independent" site which talks about Fixture trading is [broken link removed] . I have e-mailed Simon a couple of times. At first I thought his reply was very helpfull but after his second reply to my question about other software providers which he says on his site he will freely give his opinion, only one provider is mentioned. Guess who?

Anyway draw your own conclusions. A couple of links which I think will enlighten anyone approched by Gosling
http://www.arbforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
http://www.sportsarbitrageguide.com/
[broken link removed]

Hope you find this helpful
Aughafad

Last edited by a moderator:

i purchased this software a month ago,the software does not work it quotes higher odds than the bookmakers actually payout which makes it impossible to make a profit.i was assured there was a twelve month money back guarantee on my €7500+vat i have the software four weeks now and have asked for my money back to which the reply was NO.i have rang numerous times in relation to this and was told nobody was available to speak to me,i am still waiting on a phonecall.

Back