Gosling Investments

Re: fixtures trading

Hi there. These guys ahve been onto me after an initial phonecall back in August when they only had 4 left. They now still have some left and are willing to sell them for €3,7500 plus VAT for the first 6 months. If you make €10,000 in this time frame you will be invoiced for the second €3,750.
However from the posts above I believe a trial period is a must. For something that is supposedly in such high demand why are they coming back to me 2 months later and it is still available at a knockdown price????

Dont give them a penny. Do plenty of research on sports arbitrage first. Thats all it is under a different name.

Hey im 20 yrs old,

about 2 months ago was hoping to invest my savings in something good!!!!:) wasnt it some hard luck i was sent one of these brochures!:(

Anyway did a bit of research emaild fixture trading advice guy he uses this package for most of his trading but id believe it if saw him actually using it!

not enough research tho as i have relised since i ony found all these comments tonight and most of them fairly accurate!

paid 7500 plus vat for one of these packages i have it up and running about a month now and have not made a penny lost 200 to be precise but this is cause i was unfamiliar with bookies rules

but i now i am very familiar with how the whole thing works! U do need quiet a lot of experience in sports and bookmaker rules!

The package itself does work well sometimes trades do dissapear and reappear every few min but most stay and the support team are helpful!

I do believe it is possible to make money with this had u enough time but in the evenings after work is not nearly enough to make the money u paid!

I wouldnt say there operating a scam being honest because it is possible to make money from it and without the package to pick up the differences between bookmakers it would be literally impossible to find bets!

Quick buck this is not im afraid the package is 2 much and the money back gaurantee is about as usefull to the purchaser as a hanbrake on a canoe they have 2 many loop holes sewed into it!

this has certainally ended my future in trusting any investment company selling anything again! any1 who is making money on this i would love to have a chat with see where am i going wrong!

this has certainally ended my future in trusting any investment company selling anything again!

My sympathies for your expensive lesson. But don't tar all investments with this brush. You didn't trust an investment company - you trusted a slick sales operation selling an over-priced piece of software. Sports arbitrage has nothing to do with investment.

Have a good look around the Savings & Investments forums here on Askaboutmoney and you'll get plenty of ideas for real investing you can trust.

don't tar all investments with this brush. You didn't trust an investment company - you trusted a slick sales operation selling an over-priced piece of software.

Very true that, my egarness was my biggest downfall learning me a valuable lesson never to rush without proper research! Anyone have any ideas on how i would go about getting my money back like where i would find out my rights and that sort of thing??????

Anyone have any ideas on how i would go about getting my money back like where i would find out my rights and that sort of thing??????

The package itself does work well sometimes trades do dissapear and reappear every few min but most stay and the support team are helpful! I do believe it is possible to make money with this had u enough time but in the evenings after work is not nearly enough to make the money u paid! I wouldnt say there operating a scam being honest because it is possible to make money from it and without the package to pick up the differences between bookmakers it would be literally impossible to find bets!

From what you've posted here, I don't think you'd have grounds to demand your money back, unless you can prove that the software simply doesn't work as advertised.

Yes but ive spent all evening going through it and i found that in at least 4 out of 10 the package was showing up higher odds than on the bookmakers pages which i had not noticed so much before!

Also bought the software. Are you sayng you are getting support from Gosling ? My calls dont get returned anymore. Usual answer is lines are all busy. Like you I have lost money because of the pitfalls involved. Would be interested to know the excuses for no refund ?

Good day all, new to this askabout money forum. And how i must thank each and every one of you posters here for saving me 7500 euro ex vat!!!

I was a heart beat away today from giving a company based in Pembroke house, Dublin 2 all my savings for a mighty software package that finds the conflicting odds in international bookies on sports games and yields a return of between 1% and 10% . They are calling it opposition trading.

A company call *s Systems contacted me via post with a great explain-all brochure and i called them back. I must say, great sales speech they had.

Holy god, i can’t believe i nearly threw away a sh1t load of money!

I have investigated a bit further into these guys. They are a registered business in Ireland since may 2008, with the parent company (actual registered Irish company) being n***x Financial consulting limited - see here - [broken link removed] (i have the directors names and address’s if any one should care to need them, i also have the names and address of all the 5 or 6 main shareholders in the co - this info cost me 6 quid but well worth it!)

I asked these guys all the company background on the phone, and they informed me they were the Irish arm of a UK based company, trading over there since 2003. So, i tried to hunt the head office down and found it in CRAWFORD STREET LONDON. (I have the full address here too should anyone need it). So, i tried to contact head office in London, and surprise surprise, no telephone listing for any such company at that address (called 2 UK directory enquiries).
After digging around for a little bit more, i found out you can actually buy Ne**x financial consulting team limited for 1000 British pound! see here - [broken link removed] .

So, last port of call was the good ol financial regulator, seeming the sales guys told me that the parent company (n**ax) was a financial and investments trading company, "always making money for their clients!"
Turns out the financial regulator never heard of these guys!

This whole thing stinks like a 2 month old bag of sh1te! Please, beware. If anyone would like some of that additional information, please pm me anytime! All i can say to all you poor people who have been duked by this is , i can see easily how they got you, they got me and i AM the worlds biggest sceptic!!

Re: fixtures trading - Gosling Investments - Arb Trading

DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE, I bought it back in July and stupidly thought I was on to a good thing. If I had done a little more research I would have found out that what Gosling Investments call FIXTURE TRADING is actually ARBITRAGE TRADING, and there are plenty of INTERNET sites that offer monthly subscriptions for Arb trading for about £50 a month.

Also if you are still keen, ask to read their terms and conditions first, that should put you off, I wish I did!!

Regarding ARB TRADING, THIS IS NOT RISK FREE!!!

I have found, that although small profits of 1 – 2.5% can be made there is also a lot of RISK attached, and MUCH LARGER LOSSES ARE FREQUENTLY MADE.

SUMMARY OF RISKS

1. PUTTING THE BETS ON - this has to be done quickly and carefully, as each bookmaker's site is different, so there are plenty of opportunities to get it wrong!!! Also remember, unless you have money in their account you have to move the money in first, this also takes time. Note, many Arbs only last 3 – 10 mins.

1. POOR SOFTWARE – I have found that the software does give a lot of false trades, I.e. it posts odds that when checked are not correct (it appears to get confused easily).

1. The BIGGEST KILLER OF ARB TERADING – CHANGING ODDS

1. BEFORE - Odds DO change before the trade, so you waste time preparing to trade and on checking each bookmaker (normally 2 – 3) one of the odds has changed. This happens a lot, although this is often due to the software being wrong.

1. DURING THE TRADE (VERY DANGEROUS), odds often changed as you trade, and what is really ignoring is the fact that a number of Bookmakers show the correct odds on screen, but before (or sometimes after) you place your bet they inform you that the odds have changed. This would be fine if you are not Arbing, because as an Arber there is a good possibility that you have already placed bets with the other bookmaker(s)!!!. If so the options are therefore as follows:
      1. Do not place a bet on this outcome and gamble (PS, it is therefore important to place the bet on the favorite first, the only useful thing Gosling's trainers told me to do).
      2. Place the bet to limit you losses if this outcome is successful.
      3. Try to get better odds from an other bookmaker, although you will still make a loss if this outcome wins.

1. AFTER THE TRADE – NIGHTMARE !!!! This also happens a lot, and the bookmakers permit themselves to do it, (read their terms and conditions), so you place your bets, expect a small profit, but find out sometime afterward one of the bookmaker's has changed his odds. Some may refund you, others will not. Again as an Arb trader you are likely to loose. It appears that the software is good at finding bookmakers mistakes, which flag up as profitable trades that the bookmakers wishes to correct at you expense.

1. How am I getting on? Well after about 40 trades I am nursing a small loss. Maximum trade value 100 Euro. It can be fun at times, but it is not a profitable enterprise and I am considering whether it's worth while carrying on.

Re: fixtures trading - Gosling Investments - Arb Trading

Hi fellow fixture trader any one know how you go about laundring money ive so much made from mine i just dont know what to do! NOT, well anyway ive very limited money so nervous about act making trades could you yell me roughly how much you spend on trades and should i even bother doing any at all? if i just made my money back id burn dis laptop along wit everything i have to do with fixture trading,ive had more sleepless nites than a 1 breasted woman with week old triplets cause of this package! have you much made back on it do you mind me asking or are you far off what you paid for it? the only thig that comforts is more and more ppl are leaving comment about how they got caught! cheers

Personally, I think we have both been had. No, I have not made any profits, none at all!!!. And I don't think we ever will, the risks are too great, see above.

I would never consider placing any more than 100 Euro on any trade, so that's currently my limit. I was hoping to increase this amount as I found not which bookmakers honour their odds, but this is proving difficult, and risky.

As I now have the software, I have it running during the day, and I'm hoping more trades become available as the sports calendar improves next year.

By the way, I have received a couple of calls from a Dublin based marketing company, who I believe are looking for new victims for Gosling Investments to get their teeth into. I only hope others will read our forum and avoid our fate.

horrible the tought of being caught! may god help the sales rep that sold me mine if i ever meet him his front teeth will be pernamently lodged in the back of his throat i must say they were v good at their job all the same!

its hard to make a proft with jus 100 euro but with bookmakers limiting n stuff you cant use much more besides they all make their own rules anyway!

supposedly they have traders working for them id love to see do the act make anything!

do you think we have any chance of actually getting our money back?

Our only hope would be to pursue them on the basis that their product is not "risk-free" as stated twice in the glossy brochure.

So I would say we might have a case against them for miss selling their product.

But our only real hope would be to take a class action against the Gosling Investments and their directors, and in order to do that we would need alot the other buyers on board to make it worth while, otherwise the court costs would out way any return. However, I may be wrong. If you know any good solicitors speak to them.

Dont think there is much hope of getting any money off them without some sort of legal action or advive!

My package also sometimes shows up higher odds than on bookies pages but no idea how i could prove it less i video recorded it!

Il let you know what happens

good luck with the trading

Arb Trading - Results

Good News :) I managed to get one good trade on yesterday morning, gave a 5% profit, and has paid out a whole 5 Euro this morning.

At this rate only another 1,499 profitable trades to go in order to break even!!!:mad:

Regarding false odds, I have found that 10bet odds are often wrong on the software, so check the site carefully before trading.

I'll keep you posted on any others.

Really thats interesting its a liil bit like that that would keep a man interested in it and supposing you figured all the good bookies n olny traded with them and only traded when profit margin was high and more worthwhile! i really think for it to be sucessfull you need to keep an eye on it as much as you can during the day! i can only use it during the evenings so its hard to get good trades! Did you see www.fixturetradingadvice.co.uk he claims he can show you how to make back the money you paid for package on bookies bonuses, i get the feeling hes something to do wit gos tho!

Yes, i think i read this link before buying, and obviously fell for it.

Quoted from site "Don’t treat this as a get rich quick scheme. It is not a get rich quick scheme, it is a very good and safe way to make a good income without the hassle of working hard for your money. Expect to make £20-30k in year one and then the rest is up to you. I think that a starting bank of about £5k is a great starting point or even £7k if you have it. Some companies say you can make £40-50k in a year with £2-3k start up capital. This is not really accurate. If you have a good year then £2-3k start up will get you maybe £17-20k but certainly not £40-50k. Year two is a different story because you will have many accounts and lots of capital so making £50k or even £100k is not out of the question, but please remember to start small and treat this like any start up business. Small Steps."

I personally believe he may be in with Gosling. There is no way bookmakers would allow that sort of money to be taken off them.

He also does not mention any of the obvious problems that "real" traders, like you and me have encountered, see my post regarding the risks associated with changing odds, before, during and after placing bets.

Also regarding my successful trade, bear in mind I only got one of the bets on seconds before the odds were changed. I actually thought they had changed on my bet, but luckly they hadn't. I certainly would have had a nervous break down if I had being trying to trade a couple of grand!!

The best approach is to keep the trades small, treat it as a bit of fun, for now. Maybe increase trade values if experience tells you that the trade is good. It's a case of sucking it and see. The main thing is not to lose any more cash.

Back