gmail invitation?

M

moneyblues

;) I want to get a gmail account. Would anyone have a spare invitation please. Or else know where I could try. I've spent ages on the net trying to find an invitation but they are always out of date.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the 2 Gigs of free space is the biggest attraction.

The details are here. Personally I like it better than an e-mail account like hotmail and find I have no problem with spam or junk mail, I haven't had one in the year or so since I've joined up!

Thanks again addob for sorting me out.

I think the 2 Gigs of free space is the biggest attraction

find I have no problem with spam or junk mail, I haven't had one in the year or so since I've joined up!

I couldn't begin to count the time I 've wasted sorting out fraudalent emails and their consequences since I opened my ebay and paypal accounts. And now, sice I downloaded IE 7 my laptop keeps crashing!
So you are both right - I can now back up my data files and hopefully avoid anymore scam/spam emails.

With gmail you will still get spam if your email address becomes public - but gmail has a pretty good spam filter which dumps them all into a folder and deltes them after 30 days. You can look at them if you want to. Sometimes the spam filter puts a few "normal" emails in with the spam - so you might need to check now and again.
I have a few invites going spare if anyone wants one.

I use gmail. So do some of my friends.

Sometimes when I receive a gmail message on another mail system (i.e. work) there are lines and lines of gobbeldegook before the real message.

One thing that is brilliant about gmail is the ability to be able to search all mail for keywords (ie passwords etc that were sent to you ages ago).

You can also send yourself all your photographs or whatever you want to keep and they are stored in cyberspace for ever and doesn't cost you anything. Neither does it matter if your computer breaks down or is stolen

Alternatively try lycos.com (mail.lycos.com)

3gb of storage.

Though the spam filter isn't quite as good IME.

Hi addob,

Can I please please pretty please have an invitation !?

I hope this is being nice enough !

Thanks

Ive had a few requests from friends based in the UK for gmail addresses (as opposed to the rather ungainly googlemail addresees they get over there).

Back