George Hook

Referring to the latest manifestation who has published his "apology" in the Sindo. It seems to me that when someone admits that their behaviour was politically incorrect they are not apologising they having a dig at the whole cult of political correctness.

What's he done now?
Woken up, got out of bed and opened his mouth. I think that's all he needs to do normally to offend someone. There seems to be a lack of filter between initial half-baked thought and speech.

I saw George Hook in the Church of Donaghmede during Lent and he gave a speech on spirituality. I saw two people standing up and leave and they didn't come back... There were moments in which silence was hanging for a few seconds after one of his strong remarks, you could not hear a whisper. That was the sound of "shock" :D

Typical George . . . . he often said he rehearsed a remark for a fortnight before "ad-libbing" it.

Last Sunday at my Mass, the priest said nothing of note but the Mass was dragging on and on and a lot more than two walked out not to return.

I see George hook back on newstalk between 8am and 10 on saturday mornings. I wonder are newstalk waiting for the furore to die down before moving him to a more prominent slot. He had one of their biggest audiences before the controversy and they were the higher spending people too.

Back