FTB seeks to Buy to Let in : Tallaght or Clondalkin or Clonee or Clonsilla

Re: Tallaght or Clondalkin or Clonee or Clonsilla

Nobody wants to sell at a huge discount but with the way property prices in Tyrrelstown shot up, and with the demand for property there, I can't see anyone selling for less than or even the same as they paid for it.

There is a development of apartments called something like Tallaght cross just beside the Luas terminus in Tallaght. I'd imagine these would be very easy to rent out. Right in the centre of things beside the square and access to the Luas wuld help get tenants.

Yeah, plenty of options in Tyrrelstown right enough although less than in Tallaght, Clondalkin, Clonee or Clonsilla. The market may be slow but Tyrrelstown is selling as evidenced by your girlfriend selling a few months ago and other posters in this thread who have mentioned people selling without difficulty.

You still haven't backed up your non-national backwater comment but I'm sure it's because you can't.

I'm sorry but I dont really see the relevence of the posts identifying how many non Irish live in Tyrelstown, if these people are renting surely doesn't that bode well for any land lord.!
The OP has asked for opinions on investing money in a property in certain locations
Very few non nationals filled it in. Walk up through Tyrrelstown any day or night and you will see mostly Africans walking around. This is not my imagination.

- how this thread has spawned in to a race debate I dont know..

The census is rubbish. The figures were wrong.
You can back this up because you did your own census and it's more accurate?
Very few non nationals filled it in.
That's a crime, so according to you, not only are the residents of Tyrrelstown foreign nationals but now they're criminals as well? If you have evidence of this crime please contact Blanchardstown garda station.
Walk up through Tyrrelstown any day or night and you will see mostly Africans walking around.
I live in Tyrrelstown and walk through it every day and I don't see mostly Africans. How often do you walk through? Do you wear a white sheet while walking through?
This is not my imagination.
No it's your paranoid racist little mind seeing the black man everywhere. You're an idiot and everything you have claimed has been shown to be wrong.

I'm sorry but I dont really see the relevence of the posts identifying how many non Irish live in Tyrelstown,
This has gone way off topic and I'm partly responsible but it was claimed that Tyrrelstown, somewhere recommended to the OP as a good investment, was a non national backwater to be avoided. It took a while to have the poster claiming this show that the claim is just racist nonsense and the census figures were part of that process.

It was also claimed that property does not sell in Tyrrelstown but the person claiming this proved it not to be the case by talking about people he knew who had sold property.

Back to your original question. I doubt if you will find anything for 300K in Clonee or Clonsilla.
BTW I was a census enumerator in Tyrellstown and although there are a lot of non Irish people living there, I would agree with the 80/20. Stats don't lie. Most of Blanchardstown is the same anyway. There are loads of non Irish people living here. Although what difference that makes I don't know.

43% said they would reconsider buying a house if they knew a lot of foreign people were living in the area.
http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0501/poll.html

A white van parked on a street knocks 11% off a property

It is all to do with peoples' perceptions regardless of the rights or wrongs of the matter

To the OP - I would buy in Tallaght out of those four areas. There is so much development in Tallaght now. Loads of new retail space, two new hotels, two new gyms, new apartment blocks, the Luas, numerous bus routes, the M50, the square, citywest shopping centre. I think its the best out of the four areas you asked about. I aint an expert but Tallahght is starting to ditch the bad name is had years ago.

Tyrellstown isn't any different to Tallaght or Clondalkin or Clonee or Clonsilla or indeeed anywhere in Ireland re: non nationals. Ireland has been fundamentally changed by huge (and unchecked) immigration and in 10yrs time it will be as mixed the UK is. Ireland has a multi racial, cultural future. Its made the country more interesting and more diversified. But the Ireland of [SIZE=-1]Darby O'Gill and the Little People is long gone. [/SIZE]

There are quite a lot of 2 bedroomed properties from €265k to €300k in Ongar if you are interested in that area. It's near Clonee.

BTW, there is a 3 bed for sale there for €305k if you could stretch to that.

Back