Ulster Former First Active now Ulster Bank Customer

Who knows-Why would they keep on investigating an account if deemed not impacted?

We have no idea unfortunately it appears how many cases are like this.

There could be another 1000❓ I'm not FA but in limbo also. Total affected number much greater than 3,500.

Could all former FA mobilise themselves. You all need to contact CB and Finance Committee.

Hi

former FA can someone post the various contact details an I will send email as I still have not heard anything back from UB if impacted or not?

Hi Milo,

Was actually thinking of doing this over the weekend. I have contacted:
[email protected]- won’t deal with individual cases but I have outlined my concerns about UB’s handling of this, with particular reference to FA & consumer protection, including copies of my fixed rate documentation.

I have been in touch with a TD I happen to know & from the finance committee, I have contacted: [email protected] &
John McGuinness via his website

I have previously emailed Ulster Bank but it’s as useless as the helpline - no response. I have also been through the FSO process.

I would second the idea of sending info directly to the central bank. As above they may just acknowledge your info but I’m sure it’s all feeding in somewhere.

Also if you haven’t already make sure you get the system notes from the UB/FA as to what was being noted around the time you fixed or requested your tracker back.

Hi Corktim,

What do you mean by “system notes” ? I got all correspondence relating to my account via a subject access request a few years ago. Interestingly there was more detail from the First Active side of things (eg copies of internal emails around the time of my mortgage application) than from when UB took over. Is there something else I should specifically request again?

I am still receiving 60 day letters no update as to whether i have been impacted, i am a former first active customer. I have been getting 60 day letters for 2 years now, when will it end? I am going to mail pearse doherty.

They record notes on their internal system regarding conversations with you and notes on what’s happening internally. If you don’t have them I’d ask...

How do you go about requesting "system notes" from UB? I submitted a SAR a couple of years ago, but got less information back from them then I had on file.

Hi I did a SAR and got only recent notes, lots of missing information. Contacted them again and they redid it still did not get what I was looking for in particular the forms I signed when fixing and the options pist fixing in 2009. I did on both occasions get numerous duplicate copies of information.

Thanks corktim. I'm going to do another SAR and specifically request system notes as you suggested.

I have just arrived home to yet another meaningless 60 day holding letter from Ulster Bank, having followed the central bank fiasco (as I see it) at the oireachtas today.

I am RAGING!!

I got home to one of those 60 day letters as well please god help me I am loosing patience 2 years of them now!!! It has a previous case and a new case reference why is this?

First Active customers we need to get together at this stage and do something I have been sitting on this too long.

@smithers
I had asked Padraic Kissanes office about that when I got a new case reference back in July.
They said "We are presuming it is a third party reference as all the cases in the Investigation will be reviewed by a third party"

Back