"Energy Centre"

dub_nerd

Like "Firefighters", this is not a scam, just a very misleading cold-calling tactic. Guy at the door with a clipboard immediately announced he wasn't selling anything, just offering a free switcher service and a free energy review of heating, lighting etc. He raced out a spiel about SEAI grants, the tone of which would easily lead you to believe he was from some official body. I cut him off and asked him who he worked for. He said "The Energy Centre, we have 70% of SEAI grants" ... I can't swear those were the exact words, he was babbling it all out at a rate of knots. I asked if the energy centre was a commercial company and he eventually said yes. Told him I wasn't interested and shut the door.

and 3 months on, they're still doing the same! I had a caller to the door the other night, similar spiel - "I'm not selling anything...". I saw the Energy Centre badge around his neck, and said I didn't need anything from them.

Had another one around the other night. Pleasant enough Indian guy... I always have that instinctive fear of appearing racist and want to explain that I dislike all cold callers equally, but I got over myself. It went exactly like this:

His opening gambit: "Who is your current electricity provider?"
Me: "Who are you?"
Him: "We're just doing a survey"
Me: "I'm not interested in any survey"
Him (looking crestfallen): "Who is your current electricity provider?..."
Me (closing door): "Sorry, goodbye".

Classic phone scam by similar companies

"I'm calling on behalf of your energy supplier"

They then try to move on very quickly to discuss your rate.

So I asked "what is the name of the company" and he replies "I'm calling on their behalf "

And I ask, if you're calling on their behalf, you can tell me who they are.

"sorry, we can't do that under data protection"

Call ended.

Cork number of some high pressure utility sales company.

Signed up for a Climote through this company. Long story short, in all the years dealing with tradesmen coming through my home fitting boilers, doing large renovations, extensions..I have never had to ask anyone to leave my home within 20 minutes of them walking through the door!! Five Weeks Later got a call from the boss about my complaint which he made me go through all over again and without even so much as an apology he says "well, I don't know who to believe"!!!! Talk about adding insult to injury....enough said I hope.....beware!

I got climote fitted by this crowd back in May. I had seen their van around the area and called them and decided to go ahead as it is a free upgrade they did on my heating system. I found them great to deal with being honest. Never sold me anything, I went to them and they came into the house and did their job, left no mess and a week later their boss came out to check the work. My bills have been cheaper since too as I can now have hot water without putting the heating on too!

Im currently going through the district court with these cowboys, they fitted a climote and they didnt adjust the system and the overflow tank burst and destroyed my house, and they refused to pay

Im currently going through the district court with these cowboys, they fitted a climote and they didnt adjust the system and the overflow tank burst and destroyed my house, and they refused to pay

Curious as to what exactly happened here. Did they do more than just installed a Climote thermostat on your existing heating system? What other adjustment was required?

Back