Eligibility for 65 yr. payment.

Shirazman

If you have enough PRSI contributions then yes.

But if you're referring to the State Contributory Pension, then you'll have to wait until your 66th birthday.

Conan

But you will be able to draw the Payment for 65 year olds, between 65 and 66 (assuming you have sufficient PRSI stamps). This is the same amount as the Jobseekers Benefit. And then at 66 you will presumably qualify for the State Retirement Pension.

Grueler

Yes, I should have no problem with the PRSI stamps, I was just worried the ARF might disqualify me.
Thanks for the clarification.

elcato

But you will be able to draw the Payment for 65 year olds, between 65 and 66 (assuming you have sufficient PRSI stamps).
I presume for the 1 year in question here that the sufficient PRSI stamps one requires to get employment benifit for any one year during their working life ? or is it dependent on whether you have enough stamps for a full pension ?

bstop

You need to be careful to ensure that you meet the PRSI requirements for the governing year. This is the year you reach the age of 63.

If you have an ARF you can qualify if you get 52 S class contributions for the governing year. Otherwise if you are retired and claiming A class credits you will need at least 26 credits and 13 paid A class contributions for the governing year.

There is flexibility regarding the year the 13 A class paid contributions can be made. This is explained on Revenue website.

If you are older than 63 and have less than 52 S class or 39 A class contributions for your governing year you have missed the opportunity to claim this 65 year olds' payment. If you are retired before age 63 and claiming A class credits you will need to get 13 weeks of employment in order to get the 13 paid contributions..