Eir GoMo - 9.99 EUR for unlimited calls, texts, 80GB data and 10GB EU data

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up with GoMo during the week and I received my sim in the post today. When I signed up I ticked the box to keep my existing mobile number but on the sim it is a different number 085 xxxxxxxxx and my number is 087 xxxxxxxxxx. Does anyone know when I insert this new sim on the 12th of next month will it be worked from my existing number? I have sent a message to GoMo about this matter but I am waiting for their answer. I do not want under any circumstances to move from my existing number.

It will be fine. Have asked the question myself when changing provider, can't remember the answer (I'm not really that interested other than not losing my number) but my number ported over fine.

I signed up with GoMo during the week and I received my sim in the post today. When I signed up I ticked the box to keep my existing mobile number but on the sim it is a different number 085 xxxxxxxxx and my number is 087 xxxxxxxxxx. Does anyone know when I insert this new sim on the 12th of next month will it be worked from my existing number? I have sent a message to GoMo about this matter but I am waiting for their answer. I do not want under any circumstances to move from my existing number.
It's called number porting BTW.
When you signed up initially you must have set the porting date and time to the 12th Nov. You can change this if you so wish by logging in to your MyGoMo and go to Account Details/Move my Number/Update my Move and there you can set a new date/time.

You'll be fine, wife did it today no issues.
Only problem to watch out for was the internet wasn't working but once she turned off and turned back on the phone hey presto the internet was there.

Ok, success on unlocking the phone thanks to unlock.ie, cost €12. You just need your wits about you when following the instructions on inserting the code. Happy out and thanks also to some people here. :)

uuurrrrggghhhh...

GoMo has the same level of customer service as eircom.

Applied Oct 21st, check last week and no confirmation of shipping of sim card showing. Contacted support by email form, they replied 2 days later saying that they would put a "priority on it".
Still not shipped last Monday. Contacted again, they replied, can't see why it has not shipped - we'll check and get back to you.

Decided to contact Three on their webchat and see if they'd match the price - within a couple of minutes and by providing my gomo order number, they agreed €10/month for life.

Bye bye gomo.

memo to self - never ever ever look at anything to do with eir again. :)

Suprised Three gave you that, is it unlimited calls\text and what limit on data? Make sure you have that all in writing or copy of the webchat.

When I moved from them they had no offer so might be a recent thing.

I had this issue also ... if you go to the GOMO Web page there is an option to select a time and date to port your old number over to this new sim.
It worked fine for me and so far service is great.

Suprised Three gave you that, is it unlimited calls\text and what limit on data? Make sure you have that all in writing or copy of the webchat.

When I moved from them they had no offer so might be a recent thing.
yep, exact same as I have. SIM only, all calls, all data €10/ month - a saving of €20/month. (3 unlimited flex max simo) It does seem to have just started recently and there's a thread on another website forum about it too.

I had this issue also ... if you go to the GOMO Web page there is an option to select a time and date to port your old number over to this new sim.
It worked fine for me and so far service is great.
My issue is that over 2 weeks later they still had not dispatched the sim - so no sim, no possibility of service. Then their customer service response just brought back too many memories of eir's style of customer service. (abysmal) So once three were able to match the price (though I would have accepted €15 a month) I stayed put. The difference in customer service is huge - three responded and agreed new price in 2 minutes. Also, the couple of times I've need to contact threee by phone over the years got answered immediately.

uuurrrrggghhhh...

GoMo has the same level of customer service as eircom.

Applied Oct 21st, check last week and no confirmation of shipping of sim card showing. Contacted support by email form, they replied 2 days later saying that they would put a "priority on it".
Still not shipped last Monday. Contacted again, they replied, can't see why it has not shipped - we'll check and get back to you.

Decided to contact Three on their webchat and see if they'd match the price - within a couple of minutes and by providing my gomo order number, they agreed €10/month for life.

Bye bye gomo.

memo to self - never ever ever look at anything to do with eir again. :)

Well after reading the above I got on to Three and tried doing the same with absolutely no success. They asked where I heard someone getting the deal you mention and asked me to pass it on to their customer care which I did. Got back to me saying no such deal has been or will be done. Can you post us the deal you got or a link to it?

Well after reading the above I got on to Three and tried doing the same with absolutely no success. They asked where I heard someone getting the deal you mention and asked me to pass it on to their customer care which I did. Got back to me saying no such deal has been or will be done. Can you post us the deal you got or a link to it?
got it on their webchat. Possibly because I've been a customer for about 14 years (since they arrived here) and have mobile broadband too. A good few on boards got same deal.
I went via their webchat after logging in to my3.

Good for you but didn't work for moi, they knew nothing about any deal and no policy to do what you've got according to them on their webchat or customer care. Anyone else on here get the same deal as peemac? Hard to believe they've done a minimal few and not announced it, just doesn't make any business or financial sense at all.

Just of phone with 3. Said I was going to move to Eir, as they have €9.99 offer for life. I'm on sim only and got offered of €20pm for 12 months. Will keep trying as not sure about move to Eir.

I went on Three's chat and was offered €10 per month for 12 months. The agent said they will be offering new plans in the next few days.

He wouldn't match GoMo's offer for life, only 12 months.

Interesting that is the second report that I have heard of Three launching a GoMo competitive offering.

Obviously a price match for x months is not the same as a price commitment for life. Especially when the GoMo offer only applies to the first 100k customers so it may not be available to new customers this time next year when your 3 offer expires.

Can you still sign up if your existing contract isn't up until next February? I want to keep my existing phone number.
When picking the date to switch can you pick one for next year?

Yes, you can sign up now and get a new number and then port online at a later date. Obviously you will be charged by both providers until you port.

got it on their webchat. Possibly because I've been a customer for about 14 years (since they arrived here) and have mobile broadband too. A good few on boards got same deal.
I went via their webchat after logging in to my3.
Still finding it a spectacular achievement on your part to be apparently the only person that "Three" gave the same deal to in the country as GoMo. Any idea how many others on boards got the same deals as you must know after saying they did? I'm just trying to establish the facts because Three have vehemently denied to me giving the deal to anyone at all. Hard to argue with them on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back