Eir GoMo - 9.99 EUR for unlimited calls, texts, 80GB data and 10GB EU data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi with 3ireland about 2 years I foned them on 1913 went to Customer sales Told them I was interested in Porting to GoMO and could they match GoMos price plan A few minutes later I was offered SIMO unlimited txt calls data for 10e PM Seems they will do it and to be fair if they did not I would have switched Just handy to stay with them for now

Thanks

@yildum - just off phone again with 3 and they will price match for 12 months like CiaranT said above. They said they will review again after 12 months and could match if GoMo's offer still stands.

@yildum - just off phone again with 3 and they will price match for 12 months like CiaranT said above. They said they will review again after 12 months and could match if GoMo's offer still stands.

Yeah, problem is the GoMo 9.99 for life offer is unlikely to still exist in a year. Similar offers, by the same company, in France and Italy, increased in price after the introduction period.

Hi,

I was speaking with a few friends about this offer recently, and one of them mentioned that while this appears to be a price promise for life, he actually believed that it was only for 4G, so as time goes on and the 4G network ultimately disappears, the offer would be gone by default.

I've no idea if it's true or not and won't be joining GoMo, but thought it might be worth checking out and perhaps considering, for those moving to the network.

4G will be around for a long time to come and most people do not currently need the speed increase that come with 5G.

Eir have not said if they will offer 5G to GoMo customers yet.

This. I'm not sure that there are even any phones on the market in Ireland that are capable of 5G?? Perhaps the latest Samsung but nothing else. 5G will remain quite niche for the next three years at least not least until the infrastructure is rolled out and Apple release a phone capable of 5G. The tech industry has consistenly shown that adoption of an idea/technology does not reral take hold until Apple enter the game.

The tech industry has consistenly shown that adoption of an idea/technology does not reral take hold until Apple enter the game.

Apple only operate in a few technology markets, mass adoption was well underway in mobile phone market before the iPhone arrived.

With the offer of GoMo and what their competitors will offer, why would you not be on it? I'm thinking of moving my business account when the contract ends.

The GoMo terms and conditions state that the service is for personal use only, not for business accounts. See clauses 3.3 and 5.13 here

On Boards.ie, the business aspect was discussed. It was deciphered that the "no business" clause is probably there because there is no Vat invoices, no billing every quarter, no more than 30 euro bills, no SLA that business users usually require and no liability for loss of business if service is not provided.

Reality is there is probably little stopping a business availing of the service.

Got the gomo sim today and fairly impressed so far. I've a dual sim phone so can switch easily between the gomo sim and my original eir sim to compare the data speeds etc. On the SpeedTest app I'm getting around 70 Mbps with gomo vs 15 Mbps with eir, also seeing similar differences on fast.com. Strange there's such a difference as they are both essentially the same network. Haven't ported my number over yet, will trial it out for another couple of days before committing fully.

With the offer of GoMo and what their competitors will offer, why would you not be on it? ....

Eir's mobile signal is a disaster where I live (as are the other networks, so I rely on Vodafone Wifi calling).

Don't suppose anyone knows if WiFi calling is available on the it, as it is with Eir ?

On Boards.ie, the business aspect was discussed. It was deciphered that the "no business" clause is probably there because there is no Vat invoices, no billing every quarter, no more than 30 euro bills, no SLA that business users usually require and no liability for loss of business if service is not provided.

Reality is there is probably little stopping a business availing of the service.

Exactly. Just pay it personally and claim it back. Wouldn't be overly worried about not claiming back the VAT on €10 a month contract when I am saving €30. Bit messier for bigger organisations mind

Still finding it a spectacular achievement on your part to be apparently the only person that "Three" gave the same deal to in the country as GoMo. Any idea how many others on boards got the same deals as you must know after saying they did? I'm just trying to establish the facts because Three have vehemently denied to me giving the deal to anyone at all. Hard to argue with them on that.
Plenty on boards got it if you check the thread. I'll post a screen shot when the new bill is showing

I'd seen the advert at the movies, but couldn't remember the name! I had been paying EIR 29.99 pm. I went with Lycamobile for 15 Euro a month. To make a long story short, it took nearly 20 days to get a SIM from Lyca despite the promise that it would arrive '5-7 business days from the order date and several contacts with them via email, trustpilot and phone.

I happened across Gomo here on AAM, decided to ditch Lyca and paid for a GOMO SIM. GOMO told me in the application that there may be delays in issuing the SIM due to demands on service. I got it in two days, and the transfer, including porting my number took 15 -20 minutes. Very impressed with service. I have written-off Lyca fees of 30 Euro to a lesson well- learned. I'm saving 20 euro a month with GOMO and the data and phone service are excellent.

Last edited:
Good to hear. GoMo is a much better data service than Lyca. Lyca only have 3G and also restricted speeds.

Tried many times in past two days to sign up to GoMo. Every time I get to the payments details section I get error message
"Oops...
An error has occurred, please try again or contact our webchat team."

In order to contact their webchat team I must be a signed up member and already have an account and log in password.

If their mobile phone service is anything like their Mickey Mouse website, I'm probably better off staying put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back