EBS EBS giving 500 people back their trackers!

Hi all,

Also back on tracker. A very long fight and huge thank you to Padraic, Ruffina and all the regulars on this forum.

Being able to discuss issues on this shared platform with you all was critical during the many lows.

Same as Padraic I always knew we were in the right and great to see the good guys get a win.

Best wishes,
BW

No update for me yet - just called them. Guy did say that all impacted customers would be contacted by end of month and that systems are still being updated.

So more patience required for me! Well done to everyone who has been put back on tracker - great result. Now you can all switch to other lenders. :)

I’ve just rung the helpline there and they said I’m still on variable !even though I had a tracker and fixed luke previous posters so don’t know what’s happening!

Hi all
I am pleased to confirm that homeowners who held a tracker rate with EBS and subsequently fixed their interest rate are being restored to their tracker rate of interest. This has been a long fought challenge for me and I am pleased it has resulted in being a cohort that is deemed impacted by the Investigation. The rate will be adjusted and then there will be communications issued as well as the redress letters.

Great news! thanks a lot Padraic. Still finding it hard to believe it actually happened after so many years...

While many (including Brendan) didn't believe us or were outright dismissive saying EBS documentation is clear, you went against all the odds, gave us hope & supported us.
Thanks for listening to us..believing us..and relentlessly fighting a long and hard battle for us. We can't thank you enough and will be grateful for ever!

Thanks again to you & your team for helping customers like us who otherwise would have had no hope of getting anything back from the banks! It's helping the lives of many, not just those who came to you for help but many others who are getting their trackers back being part of the cohort!

Great news for all those who have received trackers back and thanks for sharing . We are in same position - phoned helpline and was told we are still on variable rate 3.7 . He said review is still ongoing with kpmg and our particular type of account would receive letter by the end of the month . Had tracker , fixed for 5years and then put onto svr . Appealed to FSO and they ruled with the bank due to fixed rate conversion form . Fingers crossed we will hear some good news too

Am delighted for all of you that have got yere trackers back after a long long fight put up. My partners situation is still not sorted as she has received no notifications yet, she was put straight on to a 3 year fixed rate and from looking at the documemtation from 2007 it appears that she was told she had to go on this as a condition to get the mortgage. She has the same variable base rate terminology some of ye had but wasnt on the tracker rate first, more or less told to go on a 3 year fixed rate.We did get the material from.AIB SARS and one document related to a sort code number change did contain a reference to an ECB rate change from 2011 so hopefully something will coome soon for her, will keep you posted.

Forgot to say she was also rolled on to SVR despite this not aplearing as an interest rate basis on her contract.after she came off her initial 3 year fixed rate.

Great news for those affected! Well done Padraic Kissane for all efforts...

Hey There - Question for those who have got their trackers back =
what was the wording of your loan offers - were you to go back onto Variable base rates - or did they actually call them trackers with a specific rate assigned

Congrats to everyone who got good news today. Hopefully there will be more positive news for everyone else by the end of the month.

Does anyone know if every EBS customer is getting it back or are there certain criteria?

500 seems quite few.

By comparison, there are 5,600 AIB customers who had fixed rates who had a right to a tracker at the prevailing rate at the end of the fixed rate period.

Brendan

Does anyone know if every EBS customer is getting it back or are there certain criteria?

500 seems quite few.

By comparison, there are 5,600 AIB customers who had fixed rates who had a right to a tracker at the prevailing rate at the end of the fixed rate period.

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

My thought also 500 seems very low for the stance taken by AIB / Ebs.

I also had an assumption that it would be in the thousands

Best wishes,
Paul

500 seems quite few.

Brendan
Few thousand more EBS accounts to be deemed impacted going by Kissane’s Oireachtas committee appearance in March.

Attachments

• 4305C432-4926-43CD-99CA-400E415BD877.png
    4305C432-4926-43CD-99CA-400E415BD877.png
    301.3 KB · Views: 434
  • EAAA1201-E8C5-4023-AAE0-75E6DCC8AF8B.png
    EAAA1201-E8C5-4023-AAE0-75E6DCC8AF8B.png
    306.5 KB · Views: 412
  • 2A403B3C-ED1F-4531-95A9-80A0FE2E5218.png
    2A403B3C-ED1F-4531-95A9-80A0FE2E5218.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 401
Yes, 500 seems very low. I believe all those who got their trackers back so far are customers who were on a tracker rate (ECB + margin specified in the loan offer, stating it's a tracker mortgage and the rate is for the life of the loan), went fixed and lost trackers. I guess the important thing to note is, no official statement or communication has been issued by AIB/EBS yet on the matter, so there may be more to come... Even the Independent.ie article today said, AIB didn't comment. So, not sure if the numbers mentioned in the article is accurate...I really hope all others too get the good news in the coming days.

Back