Dublin Airport Fast Track - worth it?

Fair enough Gordon - How long does it take to get from door of plane to front door of Airport in Dublin? Yes, and 30 mins would be pretty fast for Dublin airport carparks from there. Then there's the traffic. I'd say 2 hours is nearer the mark even just to get out of Dublin Airport by car. I use Dublin Airport too as most flights we want don't leave from Cork. Thank You DAA.

Are you driving one of these?

75scc78rggr11.jpg

I don't generally drive to the airport as I live close to Drumcondra. I'd generally get the bus and be arriving home roughly an hour after flight landing.

Fair enough Gordon - How long does it take to get from door of plane to front door of Airport in Dublin? Yes, and 30 mins would be pretty fast for Dublin airport carparks from there. Then there's the traffic. I'd say 2 hours is nearer the mark even just to get out of Dublin Airport by car. I use Dublin Airport too as most flights we want don't leave from Cork. Thank You DAA.

and while I'm at it . . . . . pay extra for your slow fast-track . . . . read my lips . . . . no chance.
Are you stopping for a few pints on the way out? There is no way it would take 2 hours to get from the plane to driving out of the car park unless you are stopping for something.

We use fast pass for everything, planes, ferries, amusement parks. I am fully aware that I am sitting in a coffee shop/ bar instead of standing somewhere else. But I am then completely relaxed and not thinking about how long the queue is going to be and secretly fuming about the person at security who has to be told to empty their pockets and take off their belt like they've never done this before.

Perhaps Leper was thinking more of those that habitually travel from towns and cities closer to Cork than Dublin that habitually travel to Dublin Airport for flights .
Makes sense ,for example , from those in Waterford to fly from Cork if at all possible .

I’d expect to be in the car within two hours of boarding in Heathrow.

I’d say nine times out of ten it takes my closer to 20 minutes to get from my seat on the plane to my car or a MyTaxi in that ‘Zone 18’ place.

For a second there - I thought this thread was going to be about a fast rail service to / from Dublin Airport...

Perhaps a thread on that topic, would be better off being called "No Track", though ;) :(

and while I'm at it . . . . . pay extra for your slow fast-track . . . . read my lips . . . . no chance.
I used to travel for work a lot. I took between 70 and 100 flights a year so 30-50 departures from Dublin airport. It never took more than 45 minutes to get from the plane to my car.
I always use Fast Track when flying out because most of the time I used Aer Lingus (out of necessity rather than choice) and if you have a Bank of Ireland business Mastercard you get free access to Aer Lingus Lounges, Fast track security and priority boarding. Just ask BoI for an upgrade to a Gold Card. It's great!
I arrive at the airport 40 minutes before my flight closes. That gives me enough time for a quick breakfast in the Aer Lingus Lounge before walking to the gate to arrive 1-2 minutes before they say it is closing, which is when they usually open it.
Thankfully I haven't had to travel at all since Covid hit.

When travelling with the kids I pay for Fast Track to reduce the stress.

If it's a day trip, and I'm traveling on my own and had only hand luggage then it's easily less then 30 mins from touchdown to the car if you've parked in the short term park. I'd use fast track if travelling early in the morning going in as it used to be quite chaotic at times and would always use it in the summer when travelling with family since baggage drop can take ages depending on who you are flying with and it is so less stressful.

So ye convinced me (well not about Cork)!
Fast track purchased for 8am for a 915 friday morning flight. The earlier slots were €5 more expensive.

Fair enough Gordon - How long does it take to get from door of plane to front door of Airport in Dublin? Yes, and 30 mins would be pretty fast for Dublin airport carparks from there. Then there's the traffic. I'd say 2 hours is nearer the mark even just to get out of Dublin Airport by car.
I can answer that for last Sunday afternoon. :)

Airplane doors opened at 4.23pm Sunday. Official touchdown 4.20pm
Sent text from "Z" parking zone in red carpark at 4.42pm.

So 19 minutes from door of airplane to sitting in my car in the carpark (no baggage to collect)

I can answer that for last Sunday afternoon. :)

Airplane doors opened at 4.23pm Sunday. Official touchdown 4.20pm
Sent text from "Z" parking zone in red carpark at 4.42pm.

So 19 minutes from door of airplane to sitting in my car in the carpark (no baggage to collect)
19 minutes as of last Sunday with no baggage. But, flights haven't really "taken off" yet as a result of Covid. I wonder if you'll do that 19 minutes during June, July and August.

19 minutes as of last Sunday with no baggage. But, flights haven't really "taken off" yet as a result of Covid. I wonder if you'll do that 19 minutes during June, July and August.
True. If you have several flights landing at similar times, it can take 45 min. (about the same time to get through the Dunkettle road works :p:p:p ) - So I'll pass on Cork til that's completed, but they are making progress.

Back