Dublin Airport Fast Track - worth it?

odyssey06

Family member will be travelling from T1 on Friday 1st April, 915 departure.

Would fast track be worth it?
And would 8am be the right time to book the fast track slot for?

Thanks.

I think fast track in Dublin is worth it, for the reduction in stress, and not having to stand in that queue for 45 mins or more. The time sounds about right. Anything to make life easier right now!

Family member will be travelling from T1 on Friday 1st April, 915 departure.

Would fast track be worth it?
And would 8am be the right time to book the fast track slot for?

Thanks.
Flew out of T1 at 09:00 on Friday a few weeks ago. Used the normal security route and was a breeze. Very quick and efficient.

I always buy fast track in Dublin. Yes, can be expensive if it is a family, but IMO well worth the reduced stress.

It's between €7 and €13 which is a small amount in the grand scheme of things. You get a free tea/coffee with it also.

Worst case scenario you arrive at the airport and there is no queue, you are down a few euro. On most occasions it will save you time.

But if you're running really late or if there's a long queue for security then it's a big relief to have. Horrible to start your trip under time pressure, getting into a sweat rushing to the gate.

My take on this is for anybody to be fast-tracked through Airport Security means staff must be used which could have been used in the normal security queues. It is a means of charging for a service which should not be there in the first place and doesn't say much in favour of airport customer policies.

Imagine going into Dunnes Stores Supermarket on a busy day and if there was a till queue where you paid more for your groceries for the privilege of not standing in the normal queues or just as bad paying your GP an additional charge to skip the queue.

Dublin Airport is too big and many of its flights should be given to other airports. We use Cork Airport and you get from the entrance door to airside within minutes. In Cork you'd look stupid for paying the additional fast-track charge.

Imagine going into Dunnes Stores Supermarket on a busy day and if there was a till queue where you paid more for your groceries for the privilege of not standing in the normal queues or just as bad paying your GP an additional charge to skip the queue.
Some people (myself included) are happy for Dunnes and other supermarkets to harvest their personal data in exchange for discounts. You'll pay a lot more for a GP house call than visiting the clinic. All three (airport, supermarket, doctor) offer additional services/convenience at a price. Hardly a surprise or something objectionable?

Some people (myself included) are happy for Dunnes and other supermarkets to harvest their personal data in exchange for discounts. You'll pay a lot more for a GP house call than visiting the clinic. All three (airport, supermarket, doctor) offer additional services/convenience at a price. Hardly a surprise or something objectionable?
Dunnes Stores harvest personal data of customers and a GP doing house calls cannot be looked on in the airport security queues scenario. The passenger must visit the airport; Aer Lingus or Ryanair will hardly land a plane in the back garden of an intending passenger to facilitate an extra charge and Dunnes Stores are not going to open a "pay more" till to assist a minority of people who want to pay more.

In Cork, you might look stupid for paying any additional charge. ;)
Dead on! Powderfinger, One thing is sure, no homegrown cute Cork hoor would pay an additional charge for anything .

Hint for anybody going abroad on holiday:- Use Cork Airport; no problem parking your car, no delay at security, no delay at Check-In Desk. Food not so good though. (and sometimes the airline staff allow you to check-in your hold bags the night before saving more time - try to imagine Dublin Airport staff going that extra mile).

. . . . while I'm at it . . . when you return from your holiday you'll be in your car within 30 minutes of your plane touching down and on your way home. The equivalent returning passenger at Dublin Airport will still be walking that goddawful distance towards Arrivals and will still have to pass through Passport Control, collect hold baggage and . . . . wait for it! . . . . find their car and should be driving past the first airport roundabout another hour (at least) later.

Before Covid, while going through Liverpool airport I could hear and see airport staff deliberately delaying the normal queues while trying to get passengers buy fast-track. Fast-track at Dublin airport is nothing short of a legal scam.

Last edited:
My take on this is for anybody to be fast-tracked through Airport Security means staff must be used which could have been used in the normal security queues.
You actually join the normal security queue, but at the top. You are effectively paying to get to the top of the "normal" queue.

Dead on! Powderfinger, One thing is sure, no homegrown cute Cork hoor would pay an additional charge for anything .

Hint for anybody going abroad on holiday:- Use Cork Airport; no problem parking your car, no delay at security, no delay at Check-In Desk. Food not so good though. (and sometimes the airline staff allow you to check-in your hold bags the night before saving more time - try to imagine Dublin Airport staff going that extra mile).

. . . . while I'm at it . . . when you return from your holiday you'll be in your car within 30 minutes of your plane touching down and on your way home. The equivalent returning passenger at Dublin Airport will still be walking that goddawful distance towards Arrivals and will still have to pass through Passport Control, collect hold baggage and . . . . wait for it! . . . . find their car and should be driving past the first airport roundabout another hour (at least) later.

Before Covid, while going through Liverpool airport I could hear and see airport staff deliberately delaying the normal queues while trying to get passengers buy fast-track. Fast-track at Dublin airport is nothing short of a legal scam.
Why would I travel hours and hours to/from Dublin to Cork and spend hours and €€€€ on fuel to avail of a handy little walk from my car to the terminal at Cork. Thats the most ludicrous suggestion yet on AAM!!!

Back