Dublin Airport Fast Track - worth it?

Why would I travel hours and hours to/from Dublin to Cork and spend hours and €€€€ on fuel to avail of a handy little walk from my car to the terminal at Cork. Thats the most ludicrous suggestion yet on AAM!!!
Maybe for a Dubliner but not everybody lives in Dublin what if you lived in Ennis, Cashel or Portlaoise, would it still be a "most ludicrous suggestion yet"???

Maybe for a Dubliner but not everybody lives in Dublin what if you lived in Ennis, Cashel or Portlaoise, would it still be a "most ludicrous suggestion yet"???
No, though if you live in those areas you hardly need somebody on AAM to tell you your nearest airports and that Cork is less busy than Dublin?

The question was about Fasttrack at Dublin airport, I’d be surprised @odyssey06 comes back to tell us he didn’t know about Cork airport and will opt to fly from there instead of taking Fasttrack.

FWIW I always get Fasttrack at Dublin, well worth it!

No, though if you live in those areas you hardly need somebody on AAM to tell you your nearest airports and that Cork is less busy than Dublin?

The question was about Fasttrack at Dublin airport, I’d be surprised @odyssey06 comes back to tell us he didn’t know about Cork airport and will opt to fly from there instead of taking Fasttrack.

FWIW I always get Fasttrack at Dublin, well worth it!
Yes Cork not really a runner for me... today I am on the takeoff and landing run for Dublin airport.

What time do you usualy book the fast track for? 1 hour or 90 mins before?

Yes Cork not really a runner for me... today I am on the takeoff and landing run for Dublin airport.

What time do you usualy book the fast track for? 1 hour or 90 mins before?
Never found them to check too closely, I’ve booked it for 1/2/3 hours in advance.

Depends on flight time, day and terminal. Think you can buy it at the airport so if you are under pressure that might work..

Very few people live on the indifference curve for using Cork or Dublin airports.

Last time I checked Dublin has three quarters of passengers for whole island.

For destination choice further than UK and frequency no other airport compares to Dublin.

Dead on! Powderfinger, One thing is sure, no homegrown cute Cork hoor would pay an additional charge for anything .

Hint for anybody going abroad on holiday:- Use Cork Airport; no problem parking your car, no delay at security, no delay at Check-In Desk. Food not so good though. (and sometimes the airline staff allow you to check-in your hold bags the night before saving more time - try to imagine Dublin Airport staff going that extra mile).

. . . . while I'm at it . . . when you return from your holiday you'll be in your car within 30 minutes of your plane touching down and on your way home. The equivalent returning passenger at Dublin Airport will still be walking that goddawful distance towards Arrivals and will still have to pass through Passport Control, collect hold baggage and . . . . wait for it! . . . . find their car and should be driving past the first airport roundabout another hour (at least) later.

Before Covid, while going through Liverpool airport I could hear and see airport staff deliberately delaying the normal queues while trying to get passengers buy fast-track. Fast-track at Dublin airport is nothing short of a legal scam.
This just isn’t true.

I park in Dublin Airport all the time and I can be in my car in less than 30 minutes.

Last time I checked Dublin has three quarters of passengers for whole island.

For destination choice further than UK and frequency no other airport compares to Dublin.
Dead on again NRC - Dublin Airport Authority owns Cork Airport and it throws the occasional half eaten bone towards Cork. We have a full airport terminal in Cork which is 100% unused for years. Many of us hope Ryanair will eventually take over that terminal, but I bet the DAA will not allow that.

We have seen on other threads that Ireland's Housing Crisis in Dublin is pretty bad. Dublin will have to start losing some of its draw sometime. Otherwise, all of Dublin real estate will be owned by foreign pension funds. And that's only for starters.

This just isn’t true.

I park in Dublin Airport all the time and I can be in my car in less than 30 minutes.
Fair enough Gordon - How long does it take to get from door of plane to front door of Airport in Dublin? Yes, and 30 mins would be pretty fast for Dublin airport carparks from there. Then there's the traffic. I'd say 2 hours is nearer the mark even just to get out of Dublin Airport by car. I use Dublin Airport too as most flights we want don't leave from Cork. Thank You DAA.

and while I'm at it . . . . . pay extra for your slow fast-track . . . . read my lips . . . . no chance.

If Dublin Airport Authority had any confidence in its system of getting passengers through Security speedily and efficiently there would be no such thing there as Fast-Track. It says a lot about DAA and its add-ons to increase its revenue.

If Dublin Airport Authority had any confidence in its system of getting passengers through Security speedily and efficiently there would be no such thing there as Fast-Track. It says a lot about DAA and its add-ons to increase its revenue.
Some people are cash rich and time poor. Some people are time rich and cash poor. Twenty years ago I took a 9-hour layover in Prague to save €50 - I wouldn't do that today!

DAA are soaking the rich here. If you got rid of fast track airport charges would have to rise on everyone else, ie, you.

Price discrimination can be good for everyone!

Last edited:
It takes me less than 30 mins to get from my seat on the plane to the seat of my car.
I get great fun trying to break my exit record each time I land at Dublin Airport. I have managed 15 minutes more than once. Exiting the plane and taking the long Ryanair walk without breaking my stride. Even as I approach passport control I am opening my passport as I walk, for a quick show to the person on duty.
Then out to the Aircoach

I have managed 15 minutes more than once. Exiting the plane and taking the long Ryanair walk without breaking my stride. Even as I approach passport control I am opening my passport as I walk, for a quick show to the person on duty.
For an airport with 30m passengers pre-pandemic it's actually very quick to navigate. Walking distances are not excessive, baggage is usually there before you are, and no time-consuming buses to take you to and from the aircraft. Taxiing to/from runway doesn't seem very long either.

The main bottleneck is security at departures but otherwise a very nice airport to use.

After a very near miss a couple of years ago where for some unknown reason Dublin Airport was bedlam, and due to the graciousness of others, we JUST made our flight (despite being there in very good time) I ALWAYS book Fast Track now. Delays at Security were so bad that morning, the staff had to hold people back so their systems were not swamped. When you factor in the cup of coffee that comes with the purchase, it is only a few euro per person. Worth it for the peace of mind alone.

Of course it doesn't help when people insist on wearing VAST amounts of jewellery that have to be removed to go through the scanner, do not take out their electronics or still insist on bring full-size liquid bottles and thus slowing everything up for everyone else.

Of course it doesn't help when people insist on wearing VAST amounts of jewellery that have to be removed to go through the scanner, do not take out their electronics or still insist on bring full-size liquid bottles and thus slowing everything up for everyone else.

There's only so much airport security can do when dealing with um inexperienced travellers. (Which is not an excuse for understaffing security).
Fast track lanes are of course not just a Dublin airport thing, but have sprung up in many if not all large'ish airports. They are also not really new, fast track security lines have been in place for business class travellers (and flight staff of course) for many years. Given that short haul business travel all but disappeared (not missing it tbh) I very much appreciate the pay extra fast track option. Piece of mind and extra half an hour in bed and all that...

Back