Delays in rolling out vaccine

But also she has access to top hospitals and doctors if need to be. The average person living in Ireland won't have quick access to the BWK Koblenz or the Charite.
But yeah with 66 years she is definitely not in the risk group for the observed AZ side effects
I am hoping word has gone out and heard even in our hospitals that these clots shouldn't be treated as typical clots - that seemed to exacerbate the situation.
So should the worse happen to anyone who receives the vaccine their odds are better now hopefully.

Edit: Here the proof that she received the vaccination
that yellow WHO booklet looks a bit old , maybe its a soviet era one she had for travel to Cuba or something ;), they would hardly issue one today with hand writing especially in Germany surely. I thought the WHO was against vaccine passports anyway so I doubt they would have certificates ready to go. But Its good she got the AZ vaccine she is a scientist afterall and understands risks and probability

The reach of the mRna vaccines appears to be growing. This is positive news and with trials now advanced on 12 to 16 year old children its possible that larger portions of populations will be vaccinated.

odyssey06 "CDC, which has been tracking breakthrough cases since February, on Wednesday said roughly 5,800 people who have been vaccinated against the coronavirus have subsequently contracted the virus, with about 396—or 7%--requiring hospitalization and 74 people passing away. About 29% of the infections were asymptomatic."
is this after first or second dose ?

odyssey06 "CDC, which has been tracking breakthrough cases since February, on Wednesday said roughly 5,800 people who have been vaccinated against the coronavirus have subsequently contracted the virus, with about 396—or 7%--requiring hospitalization and 74 people passing away. About 29% of the infections were asymptomatic."
The same thought occurred to me but the article didn't go into that level of detail :(
It didn't explain also how long after vaccination the infection occurred.

that yellow WHO booklet looks a bit old , maybe its a soviet era one she had for travel to Cuba or something ;), they would hardly issue one today with hand writing especially in Germany surely. I thought the WHO was against vaccine passports anyway so I doubt they would have certificates ready to go. But Its good she got the AZ vaccine she is a scientist afterall and understands risks and probability
The communist East German vaccine passports for Kids were red , for adults green if I recall.
These yellow vaccine passports are still issued in Germany and also Ireland ... all good here. The passports consists of date, vaccine type, sticker with the batch number, doctors name and signature and stamp.
What the WHO thinks in regards to this doesn't matter.

Last edited:
After 2 doses they were described as fully vaccinated. I actually read this last week but can't find the article I read, but it said that 23% (74m) were fully vaccinated and these 5800 got re-infected.

Has anyone done an analysis of the relatively few deaths from blood clots. Have they separated deaths caused before it became known there was a small risk of blood clots from the vaccine and any deaths after it was known as a side affect.

Looks like it was early march (or late Feb) that a connection was seen, but late march before it really widely known and an eye kept out by medics.

The treatment for the clotting related to the vaccine is meant to be different to other clotting scenarios and needs different intervention/medication.

If it could be shown that any clotting incidents can now be managed without serious outcomes, you'd probably get confidence back in the vaccine fairly quickly.

As I understand it the risk of blood clots is not in the 60 to 69 age group unless there is an underlying predisposal.

NIAC have recommended that AstraZeneca is not to be given to those under 60 until better evidence becomes available.

Breakthrough cases can happen with any of the vaccines.

The government might be changing the rollout again.
They seem to be really making this up now.
The age group that they are proposing are least likely to die and in general recover well from infection , they are also the group who aren't abiding fully with the restrictions.

I just can't get my head around this .

The government might be changing the rollout again.
They seem to be really making this up now.
The age group that they are proposing are least likely to die and in general recover well from infection , they are also the group who aren't abiding fully with the restrictions.

I just can't get my head around this .
They have lost all scientific credibility at this stage. They switched to age based rollout over high exposure only weeks ago and now this. Makes no sense other than as a political move.
18-30 also least likely i imagine to opt for vaccine.

They have lost all scientific credibility at this stage. They switched to age based rollout over high exposure only weeks ago and now this. Makes no sense other than as a political move.

Hard to see the merit in the idea alright or indeed a lot of their recent decisions like hotel quarantine but looking at it, appears that the Minister of Health just asked them to look at it. I would probably want all options looked at as well even if I didn't think they would work. I think at this stage, it is clear that someone is briefing against Donnolly. The IT have now had this story and the story about Donnolly and the twitter mentions in the past week.

And I am going to lie down after offering a partial defence of Stephen Donnolly....

Last edited:
they lost all credibility as soon as the vaccines started in january, they should have been administering one dose like the UK have been doing ages ago rather than just considering it now. Probably they thinking if they going to introduce vaccine passports for the oldies then they need to have the young vaccinated to serve them in restaurants and be their golf caddies.
The vaccine passport talk has created a rat race for vaccines

Somebody went with a story that was"nt a story at all....it seems..
Well if he asked the question privately got the answer privately a story wouldn't have developed.
This guy really needs to stop putting out tweets and concentrate more on what needs doing.
I'm very slow to criticise but this lad needs to start " pulling his socks up " .

He has not too many strong points all right. He does not come across as been confident in what he is saying.

Back