Delays in rolling out vaccine

Maybe they feel angry that they won't be able to get abroad in the summer now!
They'll all be so utterly exhausted by teaching remotely that they'll be too tired to go anywhere anyway.

Joking aside some of them have done as excellent job supporting students over the last few months. My son who is doing his leaving cert is getting mails and messages from some of his teachers even though it's mid term. A minority have been useless. My daughters biology teacher hasn't done a class for 3 weeks, five now if we include mid term. No response from the school as to what's happening.

The mass vaxx centre in Páirc Ui Chaoimh is seens to be a well run affair. Constant stream of cars moving in an out, no traffic congestion.
The thought crossed my head yo just join the convoy, what’s the worst that could happen? Be like the old days an trying to get into the new nightclub in town, to be refused with “regulars only”.

Probably AZ anyway so what bother?

I have work colleagues in Hong Kong - they are very skeptical of the Chinese vaccine. They claim the pictures of the HK leaders getting vaccinated actually were getting the Pfizer jab.

The problem with regimes that are less than transparent is that there is little trust when it comes to things like vaccines

Just on this.... It seems that a number of countries which have relied on the Chinese vaccine aren't seeing the drop in hospital cases even where vaccine roll out has been higher (e.g. Chile, Bahrain, Qatar). Seems to be less effective with the new variants

Just back from my walk and saw a headline on the BBC that read something like " EMA head of vaccines believes there is a link from AZs vaccine to clots" went to find a link on BBC website but there isn't one yet.

If this true God knows what will happen....

Edit; the BBC expanded to say the view was an personal opinion that was given in an Italian newspaper interview

Last edited:
Oh there’s a link alright, that’s old news. All AZ have to do is detail on the list of side effects. I’d be more worried about it’s reduced efficacy against P1.

Just back from my walk and saw a headline on the BBC that read something like " EMA head of vaccines believes there is a link from AZs vaccine to clots" went to find a link on BBC website but there isn't one yet.

If this true God knows what will happen....

Edit; the BBC expanded to say the view was an personal opinion that was given in an Italian newspaper interview
There's a version of it on RTE website. It's from an interview with an Italian newspaper.

My mother is mid 70's and not a word of a vaccine. Same with many of her friends including one with serious medical issues that require never being without an oxygen tank. They ring GP's and get told off by receptionists for wasting their time. They hear ads on radio saying they have started over 65's and that nearly 50,000 with medical issues have got a vaccine. The health minister promised all over 70's would have one dose by middle of April. That won't happen.

Out if curiosity, how are other people finding this if you are over 70 or have elderly relatives? From talking to friends, the over 70's are nowhere near all having one dose.

Based on my own experience they are a little bit behind what has been stated publicly, but not too far off. My elderly relatives are mainly in the 75-80 range and some have already got their first dose and the others have a date for theirs (latest date is 15th April). So it might be closer to over 75s will have their dose by mid April, not over 70s. Would be interested to hear how others are finding it.

All 4 parents in our family have had their first and two have had their second.

An aunt who is later 70's from another part of Dublin had their first last week

My father 80plus has had his first dose mother 77, I think, was meant to get it last week too but has come down with another Kidney infection and she decided to wait as she's miserable.

I keep saying it but I seriously think the HSE will be liable for massive compensation claims down the line. ALong with the delayed cancer screening there will be incidents of newborn babies suffering from issues due to contracting COVID from staff members, X Rays not uncovering other illnesses and a whole host of other things.

Doubt it. There’s a pandemic going on. We’re all in this together.

This isn’t like the Vikki Phelan compo job.

I keep saying it but I seriously think the HSE will be liable for massive compensation claims down the line. ALong with the delayed cancer screening there will be incidents of newborn babies suffering from issues due to contracting COVID from staff members, X Rays not uncovering other illnesses and a whole host of other things.
Well I doubt very much that'll happen there is no legal liability for lack of screening or not diagnosing illness.

My mother is mid 70's and not a word of a vaccine. Same with many of her friends including one with serious medical issues that require never being without an oxygen tank. They ring GP's and get told off by receptionists for wasting their time. They hear ads on radio saying they have started over 65's and that nearly 50,000 with medical issues have got a vaccine. The health minister promised all over 70's would have one dose by middle of April. That won't happen.

Out if curiosity, how are other people finding this if you are over 70 or have elderly relatives? From talking to friends, the over 70's are nowhere near all having one dose.
In-laws are in their 70s and are both vaccinated in last two weeks.

Just listening to Stephen Donnelly on the News at One.......is he just saying stuff....or the first thing that comes in to his head......everything is "next week" or "next month"......I really cannot stand the man.

Just listening to Stephen Donnelly on the News at One.......is he just saying stuff....or the first thing that comes in to his head......everything is "next week" or "next month"......I really cannot stand the man.
Did you ever think you'd miss Simon Harris?

Personally I'm not surprised but this might soften the cries for buying unapproved vaccines. Hungary bought and 5m of these at $36 a dose ( if my memory is correct).
Hungary also is 2nd highest 11.2% in terms of vaccines rollout in the EU what now for them?

Back