Delays in rolling out vaccine

When you are called to get your vaccine, are you told the name of the vaccine that you will be getting? What if you refuse to take an AstraZeneca jab, are you put back on the list for future vaccination? Do you go to the back of the list, anyone know what happens?
Of all the vaccines administered last week, do we have a breakdown of the numbers from each manufacturer....AZ or Pfizer etc?

Is this information available anywhere to the public?

Of all the vaccines administered last week, do we have a breakdown of the numbers from each manufacturer....AZ or Pfizer etc?

Is this information available anywhere to the public?
If you look at the HSE vaccine dashboard you'll get an overall figure for each vaccine. The ECDC website has figures too but they are delayed and the lastest report is upto 28th of March.

Roughly 75% Pfizer 22% Astrazeneca bal Moderna

To add to the above...its perfectly reasonable to expect these types of side effects but its equally important to get them highlighted and have guidance issued.
It might be found that certain people have immune systems that are susceptible to serious side-effects from the vaccine or the adjuvants that are included in the jab, but these "studies " always seem to take a long time and that risks perfectly good vaccines being unused or destroyed.

Simply banning use for millions of people isn't the solution, regulators and research scientists need to work together, as they did in the development of the vaccines, to get answers quickly and issue proper guidance.
One director/Professor of a German hospital stated that the risk from the vaccine is for below 60 years old higher than the risk to day from Covid for that group.
The guidance several EU countries have is to not use it at all or to restrict it to the older (55+, 60+, 65+ depending on the country). The US might not use AstraZeneca either.
I assume due to the fluent situation trust levels will be very low of the populations into that vaccine.

One director/Professor of a German hospital stated that the risk from the vaccine is for below 60 years old higher than the risk to day from Covid for that group.
The guidance several EU countries have is to not use it at all or to restrict it to the older (55+, 60+, 65+ depending on the country). The US might not use AstraZeneca either.
Which countries and on what have they based their guidance?

I am 69 years of age. Am I contacted by my doctor to get vaccine or the HSE or do I contact my doctor? Thanks

I am 69 years of age. Am I contacted by my doctor to get vaccine or the HSE or do I contact my doctor? Thanks
Good question, so far they contacted you don't know what will happen when they move to age groups. I'd drop a line to your GP and make sure he/she knows you want the vaccine. It might not get you vaccinated any quicker but at least you'll be on a list.

I understand that you get the second AZ vaccine jab up to 12 weeks after your first jab.

Leo Varadkar said

"Leo Varadkar has confirmed the Government is developing a “digital green certificate vaccine pass” for people to prove they have been fully inoculated.

He said the Government would introduce “additional measures for the fully vaccinated, more freedoms for those who have been vaccinated”.

He added: “We are developing a digital green certificate vaccine pass, so you’ll be able to prove that you’re fully vaccinated.”

So with the AZ vaccine you won't get the digital green certificate for 4 months? Surely not?

He added: “We are developing a digital green certificate vaccine pass, so you’ll be able to prove that you’re fully vaccinated.”
So the 200 people double booked into the Beacon hospital and Aviva last week will get 2 vaccine passports and the 20 teachers in the private school in wicklow will get none but sure the TUI is getting all the teachers priority so they will get vaccinated again anyways.

Sorry according to him the risk is higher from AstraZeneca for that age group than the risk to die from Covid.
That's a curious claim, Germany has about 2853 deaths in total in the sub 60 age groups up to March 31st 2021 .

Astrazenecas vaccine would not be anywhere close to this if indeed it is proven that it does cause the clots and by extension deaths.

Another thing I find odd is that Germany hasn't begun vaccination of the sub 60 groups in any great numbers with the exception of "essential " workers so it's a little tardy to simply extrapolate evenly over the general population without any detailed knowledge of what caused the clots.

Are the teachers right to go on strike to get their vaccine sooner?
If they do they'll find the public less appreciative than they are now. It doesn't effect us as ours are in 3rd Level, but we have been told repeatedly that schools are safe and proper protocols were drawn up by the Unions and the Government.

If they do they'll find the public less appreciative than they are now. It doesn't effect us as ours are in 3rd Level, but we have been told repeatedly that schools are safe and proper protocols were drawn up by the Unions and the Government.
Yes, the data supports the argument that teaching is a low risk job. I think the real issue is that the Government changed things without asking for permission from the Unions first and that, for the Unions, creates a dangerous precedent. Next thing the Government will think they are in charge.

That said I have some sympathy for the teachers but certainly now enough to support a strike or even negate how whingey, entitled and bombastic they sound.

Are the teachers right to go on strike to get their vaccine sooner?
In a word no. Secondary school teachers were not due to be vacccinated before the schools closed for the summer anyway (in the old priority list) so as long as they can be reassured they will all be offered the vaccine before returning after the summer I don't see what argument they can have here, other than, as you say Purple, they don't like the fact they weren't asked their opinion! Maybe they feel angry that they won't be able to get abroad in the summer now!

It looks as if I will get my vaccine at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin. Is there car parking at the Aviva or do I park on a nearby road and walk?

Back