Current public sentiment towards the housing market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can sell this 1,200sq ft site for €2,000,000 (that €72,600,000 an acre) then there is life in the market yet. If!!

[broken link removed]

If they can sell this 1,200sq ft site for €2,000,000 (that €72,600,000 an acre) then there is life in the market yet. If!!

[broken link removed]

Sheer unadulerated greed. Whatever value it might represent for €2m with the mews built to the said design together with a fit out to match..........for a postage stamp patch up a laneway the vendor should take a good look in the mirror.

To the brigade out there who'll accuse me of willing a crash...........to bloody right I do.

Being watching this thread for a while.....as someone thinking about buying for a while....i've been looking into the affordable housing schemes..

what are peoples opinions on these?.....are they a good option in the current climate seeing as its near impossible as a FTB to get somewhere in dublin or should i hold off for a while?.....

do you think these kind of schemes would be hit badly in a downturn even though the prices at the moment are way below market value?

Being watching this thread for a while.....as someone thinking about buying for a while....i've been looking into the affordable housing schemes..

what are peoples opinions on these?.....are they a good option in the current climate seeing as its near impossible as a FTB to get somewhere in dublin or should i hold off for a while?.....

do you think these kind of schemes would be hit badly in a downturn even though the prices at the moment are way below market value?

Given the timeframes apparently involved waiting for these and the sentiment here that by end Q4 07 that there will be blood in the water, am not so sure.
That said, given the wait what do you have to loose?, by the time you are offered a place the market sentiment should be blindingly obvious by then to all and sundry and you won't have to take an offer with clawbacks if the open market offers something similar.

Great plug for AAM from Eddie Hobbs on his TV show tonight. Was everyone watching?

And on the subject of property, he sure wasn't recommending investing (directly) in property.

Came across this on NPR today and thought it might be of interest

ARMs Come Back to Bite Homeowners (Audio)

October 9, 2006 · Many Americans bought homes in recent years with the help of adjustable-rate mortgages. But initial low monthly payments have skyrocketed because of high interest rates, and many borrowers are now struggling to pay back the loans.

Related NPR Stories

I kinda miss the doom and gloom.....

If you insist;

The Wall Street Journal. “As the housing sector cools, the mortgage market faces an awkward question: Who takes the hit when loans go bad?”
“A generation ago, nobody asked. Banks made loans and suffered the consequences when borrowers didn’t pay. Today, a complex Wall Street machine buys and sells mortgages and packages the loans into securities that are diced and sliced and sold again to investors world-wide.”
“Players on Wall Street and beyond are starting to grapple over bad loans, especially in the market for borrowers with scuffed credit, so-called subprime customers. ‘In a rising market, even a bad loan is a good loan,’ said Nate Redleaf, a research analyst with a Beverly Hills, Calif., investment bank. ‘You could be sloppy and it didn’t matter. Now people really have to do their jobs. They have to be more vigilant.’

Slight drop but significant for price range and shows no interest at all in the property.

2 Georges Warf to 355

Yeah i hear the asking prices on a house in Kansas and some in siberia have fallen :eek:

I know it's highly relevant to sentiment in the Irish market so im posting it here. All the Irish people who think property is still a good investment(rightly or wrongly) are so concerned with small price drops in America ( 1.2% drop nationwide YOY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back