Ulster Could I be entitled to tracker - Ulster Bank?

emorr1975

Hi Everyone, I too had the wording about " subject of the tracker mortgage " and no mention on the documents that I have that after my fixed rate elapsed it would default to a variable rate. I received a letter this morning saying I'm not impacted and the wording on the document is a typo !!!! and its clear that i would default to a variable rate even though it does not say that in the document. I've just fired of a complaint to the FPSO as per the next stage but wondered there is a few people in the same boat with the wording so has anyone received the same or different response. @Editiono @PaulaD @Tom111 @Alpinemom @UB_TME

UB_TME

Hi emorr1975. Yes, I got the same response from Ulsterbank through my financial adviser. Basically, the wording "subject of the tracker mortgage" on the page we signed was a "typographical error" !!!! That would possibly be an argument from their side if it said somewhere else on the paperwork that the mortgage would default to a standard variable rate but it doesn't; nowhere on the paperwork does it state that the mortgage was going to default to a standard variable rate (or what it was going to default to when the fixed rate expired). We were trading up from a mortgage we also had with Ulsterbank and were on a tracker rate of +1.05% on that mortgage so had assumed we were keeping that rate with the new mortgage (as the page we signed referenced the tracker mortgage). We wrote to them back in 2010 (we're not just jumping on the 'tracker bandwagon' here!) and got fobbed off back then too so won't be letting it drop this time. We are now going to the FSPO with our complaint. Going by the FSPO website, all tracker mortgage complaints are on hold until the TME is fully complete, so I think we're in for a long wait !! Funny thing is, UB are currently giving people 3 year fixed rates instead of 2 year fixed rates because of a 'typo' !!! "https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/ulster-bank-typo-gives-me-2-3-for-three-years-instead-of-two.210067/"

Tom111

Hi all, received the same letter and have written to FSPO with the same points. There was no section 14 (c) (ii) in the paperwork so the rate was not clear in any place. And the supposed typo is the only reference to whether the mortgage after the fixed period would be fixed, variable or a tracker. We'll see...

Editiono

Frequent Poster
Got the same last year but have not had the energy to fight anymore. FSPO Is the financial services ombudsman

Alpinemom

Hi All. I had not chased this. But got call this morning to say as part of a review am due refund based on rate I was put on when mortgage drew down. Letter and cheque on way. She said unrelated to tracker....but curious if any others querying trackers get refund.. the conspiracy theorist in me . Thanks

Homesweethome:)

Hi Al
Hi All. I had not chased this. But got call this morning to say as part of a review am due refund based on rate I was put on when mortgage drew down. Letter and cheque on way. She said unrelated to tracker....but curious if any others querying trackers get refund.. the conspiracy theorist in me . Thanks
That is great news to get! Agree it’s strange that it’s unrelated to tracker issue. Are they amending your rate now?

JMexubbanker

That is great news for you, really pleased for you .....sounds very interesting....wonder is there some back pedalling now happening!