Copperfield, Stocking Avenue, Rathfarnham

We put our names down for the 3 bed.I l love the houses and the area but am also concerned about the size of the living area downstairs.We too have large open plan area at present.
Another concern would be the halting site.Does anyone know when it is due to start?
Am a bit undecided about the whole thing at present.
It is a bonus though about the appliances

A couple of things are questionable no windows in downstairs loo or ensuit bathroom on top floor, you would expect a 4 bed to have a utility room and dining room for E750, i still think its a bit unusual to have to bring wheelie bins through house in terrace houses. is there going to be a designated area for bins?

I have read about the your E Mails about free appliances worth €3,500 if contracts back within 21 Days. Think about it, nothing is free in this world. I would put money on it people after thinking long and hard about the downside to this estate are pulling out fast and they are offering this deal to make sure you dont pull out. 3.5K is not much money when you are paying €750K and going to decide where you are going to leave for the next decade.

DONT BE FOOLED BY CHEAP OFFERS TO "HOOK" YOU.

I have read about the your E Mails about free appliances worth €3,500 if contracts back within 21 Days. Think about it, nothing is free in this world. I would put money on it people after thinking long and hard about the downside to this estate are pulling out fast and they are offering this deal to make sure you dont pull out. 3.5K is not much money when you are paying €750K and going to decide where you are going to leave for the next decade.

DONT BE FOOLED BY CHEAP OFFERS TO "HOOK" YOU.

I agree. Im sure if you sat down and made a list out of all that is going to be included for the €3,500 you could get it all a lot cheaper in the January sales. Im sure that the houses wont be ready until then anyway?

this seems to be a common ploy these days to stop buyers sitting on the contracts for months on end - I've seen it used in a lot of new developments - it pushes people to make a decision one way or another.

On the plus side, if you're sure about a house it's nice to get everything supplied and integrated. If you're not...then you can either pull out or buy the appliances yourself...and you could definitely do better than €3500!

Had a look at them at the w/end. They are nice enough but overpriced. Would like to know how they distinguish between Rathfarnham, knocklyon and ballycullen as across the road is Knocklyon while Hunterswood 400ms away is Ballycullen.

Had a look at them at the w/end. They are nice enough but overpriced. Would like to know how they distinguish between Rathfarnham, knocklyon and ballycullen as across the road is Knocklyon while Hunterswood 400ms away is Ballycullen.

They seem to have just latched on to the 'Stocking Lane' thing and put them as Rathfarnham for a more prestigous address (i.e. Dublin 16 instead of 24). The entrance is off Stocking Lane but it's a long enough drive down to the actual showhouses!

From a native, and for info purposes this is definitely in Rathfarnham D16 and is in ballyboden parish. There is a clear boundary line which can be seen on the OS maps. They havent "latched" onto anything.....

From a native, and for info purposes this is definitely in Rathfarnham D16 and is in ballyboden parish. There is a clear boundary line which can be seen on the OS maps. They havent "latched" onto anything.....

Any chance you could post a link to the maps you're referring to? I can never seem to find anything online in relation to boundaries etc.

As another poster has pointed out Hunterswood 400ms away is Ballycullen - I am sure if that were the more prestigous address they would have 'latched' onto that!

Has anyone signed contracts yet.Im trying to sell a property and finding the market very slow.Think people are waiting for the budget.

Were signing this week, we are also trying to sell our property and the market is very slow...
I dont think our house in Stocking Wood will be ready until after Xmas so we are hoping thg that as soon as budget comes out I think things will pick up on the property market...hopefully!
Have you signed for yours yet REDZ??

We got a call looking for the contracts back.Cant hold off any longer signing them. Its a gamble not having contracts signed on our own place. Hopefully after the budget the market will pick up again.I spoke to the estate agents for Stocking Wood today and they said that the builders would be flexible with the closing date - Jan/Early Feb.

They seem to have just latched on to the 'Stocking Lane' thing and put them as Rathfarnham for a more prestigous address (i.e. Dublin 16 instead of 24). The entrance is off Stocking Lane but it's a long enough drive down to the actual showhouses!

Supposedly when Hunterswood opened there big discussions as to what post code it was in with the Post office up there a few times. I think entrance was D16 or something along those lines. Ellier are building Dalriada directly across the road and have on their Boards D16 so I am sure they will hike their price accordingly.

I don't know the area so I could be way offside here but maybe those who are buying in the area should check out the link below. It's a government tender to put a halting site for ten caravans and ten houses on council lane on Stocking Lane. Again, I don't know the area so apologies if I'm scaremongering unnecessarily.

[URL="http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/search_show.aspx?ID=NOV071672"]http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/search_show.aspx?ID=NOV071672[/URL]

Yes, there is a fully serviced halting site going on Stocking Avenue. I had this confirmed by the local counciler Cait Keane. It will be a 10 bay halting site and is due to commence next year. This had been approved years ago so no stopping it.

Nice to have that at your entrance!!

Just wondering if anyone who has bought here knows when the closing dates are for the houses?

I bought one of the 3 beds and have received a notice to snag. Going to do this over the next week or so. Have you sold your own place yet Bobbles

Does anyone know if there are plans to put a bus along the road between Dalriada and Stockingwood- looks like there are bays for buses on the road.

Does anyone know if there are plans to put a bus along the road between Dalriada and Stockingwood- looks like there are bays for buses on the road.

I remember reading somewhere that despite there being bus stops no plans have been submitted to the local authorities.

I think it was under the Dalriada thread? Sorry I cant be more specific.

Back