Copperfield, Stocking Avenue, Rathfarnham

Good news today re the stamp ! so all u loaded young profs buying your first house and not wanting to pay stamp may no longer have to buy in esates such as that new one called stocking lane in tallaght d24 :D
start looking at the second hand market before they start sneeking in the invisible stamp into the prices

Love My Appartment

just went out to Deane Homes site to snag my appartment.. Really dont know why some of you guy are moaning. Traffic is Bad all over the city, maybe you should get out of bed earlier.
The houses and appartments look really great. They appear to be well built and finished. Great job done on the open space, very tasteful how they kept the old trees etc..
there 's a nice mix of tudor and brick on some of the buildings, i also like the look of the cream block. ( The guy who said its yellow should go to speck savers)..The semi circular bits on the roof look fab and must have been very difficult to construct . Cleaver Builders...
I Checked out where the halting site is planned and would rather it to be on the north side ( thats a joke :-} no insult intended ) dont think i its going to be too close or visable from Stocking Wood..
all in all I m a very happy punter and cant wait to move in...
Maybe see you guys at my house warming...

Good Stuff Happyc, no matter what i may say about it re. its location and my fustration at builders naming areas i still think its a savgae spot and one of tghe nicer looking developements to go up in a long while. a bit like charleville square in rathfarnham... enjoy !

Re: Love My Appartment

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc.Good to hear you like you're apartment block despite it being completely different to what was was shown to prospective buyers.Highly illegal.You can also get considerably better value for money if you got your hands on a duplex in Dalriada across the road for the same price as an apartment in stocking wood..but 1,150 sq ft. and 3 beds..and in D16 too.No brainer really.Unfortunately they were all snapped up.

yeah... checked them out alright but was nt that impressed.finish was nt great compared to the one I got from Deane Homes.... I suppose its the old story " its not the size that matters rather the quality" and as an investment ,i think Stocking Wood is a safer bet. ( if there is such a thing).. Also it looked pretty much the same as the appartment I was shown by the auctineer. Bearing in mind that it was a computer thingy..

where the hell did they get the name of that estate from ??? DALRIADA !!! sounds more like an apartment development ud see in the costa del sol!

"Dál Riata (also Dalriada or Dalriata) was a Gaelic kingdom on the western seaboard of Scotland and the northern coasts of Ireland, situated in what is now Argyll and Bute, Lochaber, and County Antrim"-wikipedia.
Depends how you prononuce it i suppose,can sound very 'del costaish' if you want.Of more importance is how the hell they are going to fill up the apartments/houses in the stocking wood/dalriada developments.I know for a fact that a load of people have pulled out of stocking wood and no ground floor apartments were sold at all in Dalriada.Suppose this could change after election.

residents in the area have recieved leaflets from various election candidates all giving the same info: to say there is to be new buses serving the ballycullen road , 74 and 74 A, the 74A is meant to be going down stocking ave, down Ballyroan road ,past yellow house in to rathfarnham, into town. starting up end of May/June.

Thats interesting.When I bought the apartment I was shown a computer image also of planned look-it was white and was a tudor style(similar to 1st block).Needless to say the finsihed block was nothing like this(completely different style and colour).no matter how much i tried to convince myself that they looked ok despite not being what i bought(cognitive dissonance as its termed),i couldnt bring myself to buy something for that sort of money with so much doubt in my mind.Hence i wanted out of the contracts with all monies already paid myself fully returned.This has since happened thank god.i've also heard that many others were not happy with exterior and have either moved blocks or backed out of contracts completely.They propbably knew they didn't have a leg to stand on and had to return deposits etc.Since then i've looked at the duplex's in dalriada which i was most impressed with(same price as apartment i was buying)and have put my name down on cancellation list for one.

the traffic at stocking wood is going to be crazy. a mate of mine got a fab 2 bed in garthy wood opposite superquinn for €450,000 no arguements there it really is knocklyon d16. think theres still one left.

in all fairness what were thoses builders at up in stocking wood with those apts, they couldnt be more different to the ones that they used to sell them from and glad to here people are pulling out. really think peopel would be better off heading down from there and lookin at the second hand market around knocklyon and rathfarnham. there is some bargains to be had at the moment every where with no one buying and getting away with offers well below asking if u find someone desperate to sell as ive just sale agreed on a second hand duplex in an estate 100,000 euro less than the same duplex in the new phase of the developement ive bought in , i kid u not

And where might this duplex be darrenstore?I've had a look around at duplex prices and they do vary considerably.For,example duplex in Templeogue going for €645,000,duplex in Hunterswood going for €410,000,new duplex in Dalriada going for €450,000.The one in Dalriada i believe is the best value.I think you're right about moving into 'Old' knocklyon etc. to have a look.However that does not mean that anything beyond the M50 should be looked down upon.For me buying in Stocking avenue/Dalriada/Woodstown is fine-all D16 and will hold value better than Hunterswood.The only thing that would put me off is potential traffic problems.In saying that i've spoken to several of my mates who live in Hunterswood and they say its fine now.

That would be tellin.. i dont think it is a true reflection on the market with the steal i go i was just lucky the invester who owned it mneeded to off load it very quickly and there was no one else around at the mo. sniffin round second hand propertys with the stamp duty pending thing... graet time for a bargain cause no one is buying....

Did you ask yourself why the investor was in a hurry to offload (I did it myself in the summer of 06 - phewwww) - something about no domestic control of interest rates, 300k vacant properties in Ireland (according to CSO - that four years current production), 190% of GDP personal debt in Ireland - and a global recession looming just as a global credit crunch hits.

Well if you live around the Templeogue,Rathfarnham,Knocklyon area(where the focus of this thread is) and got it for anywhere around €400,000..fairplay.I've just been offered duplex in Dalriada for €450,000 following a cancellation.I think they're great value considering the size of the property,semi-detached and the address.My only concern is the traffic up there.Will put deposit down anyway.any thoughts from anyone why i shouldn't go through with this deal (not including the traffic)?
I genuinley can't see a fault with this property and i usually always find something to criticise.
That would be tellin.. i dont think it is a true reflection on the market with the steal i go i was just lucky the invester who owned it mneeded to off load it very quickly and there was no one else around at the mo. sniffin round second hand propertys with the stamp duty pending thing... graet time for a bargain cause no one is buying....

ye derry ofcourse i asked myslef all that tho at the end of the day i need somewhere to live and u have to take the risk, actually only really only taking advantage of what is going on in the market at the moment and i work somewhat in the property game and have studied whats going on and to put my own mind at ease the same property facing mine sale agreed a couple of days ago 50,000 more than mine (tho still well under the new phase prices) i think people are and should be rewarded buying at this stage in an uncertain market and think we'll all be ok. park dont live to far away from dalriada and apart from the name its a super estate, v nice pads and good going with the duplex they seem to be in demind, in relation to the traffic no matter how many cars are on the road ur only a few meters from the m50.:eek:

He/she bought in Carrigmore, Citywest / Saggart (saw this on the neighbours.ie/carrigmore) website from 'darranstore':

"Just sale agreed in carrigmore at a bargain price.....

Cheers all fro the advice!"

Hi Partridge,
I moved into one of the four beds in Dalriada two weeks ago! I agree with you that 450,000 for that duplex is a really good deal, plus you are getting quality appliances thrown in. Ellier the builders so far have been quite decent to deal with and the fixtures and fittings are decent.
Strangly over the last few months traffic up there has got much better, plus two new bus routes are currently being trailed runing past Dalriada and Copperfield. Don't get me wrong there still is alot of traffic at peak times but I really don't find it to bad.

Good stuff happy days.as i said the only thing i'm concerned about is traffic as i work in town.whats the best way out of the area in the morning?i'm presuming the stocking lane exit(past air park/prospect) is clear enough while the ballycullen road exit is pretty bad?In saying that i'd imagine the stocking lane exit will get worse with more houses going up in the area.They're going to have to build another exit out of the area or things are going to get really bad-2 buses aint gonna solve the problem.

Hi Partridge,
I moved into one of the four beds in Dalriada two weeks ago! I agree with you that 450,000 for that duplex is a really good deal, plus you are getting quality appliances thrown in. Ellier the builders so far have been quite decent to deal with and the fixtures and fittings are decent.
Strangly over the last few months traffic up there has got much better, plus two new bus routes are currently being trailed runing past Dalriada and Copperfield. Don't get me wrong there still is alot of traffic at peak times but I really don't find it to bad.

Back