Copperfield, Stocking Avenue, Rathfarnham

Hi All,

Just signed up when I saw this thread about Stocking Wood. Has anyone bought an apartment there? If so, have you seen the contracts yet?

Hi all,
Just letting anyone know that doesn't know yet that there has been an announcement of a new development right beside stocking wood. There are existing plans for a 12-bay halting site right beside Stocking Wood but South Dublin County Council have just released a Part 8/Drawings on March 22nd to add to this halting site. The development will now include 130 social housing units in 2 and 3 storey buildings. There is no provision for a communal facilities, no plans to deal with the already present traffic problems coming down stocking lane & nothing about buses, etc. in this area. I know someone who just moved into Airpark (other side of M50 on Stocking Lane) who knew nothing about this. What can you do?
Just letting anyone with a deposit know or anyone considering a deposit.
You can see the plans I'm talking about if you click on the link below.
If you have an issue with this, you have 4 weeks from last Friday to make your comments known before this development moves to the next stage.
Let the councillors know your thoughts on the matter.
Stones.
http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=939&pid=12613

That's interesting alright. I pulled out of Stocking Wood a few weeks ago due to concerns about the true value of the property versus the price they were asking for it. I felt it was overvalued for the area, and having learnt about all the existing and planned halting sites in the area, as well as the density of housing once all the Stocking Wood developent is finished, I reckoned I'd be in negative equity very quickly.

Yep. Pretty badly planned. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for social housing & I think that allocating a percentage of a new development to social housing is a very good idea. The fact that there is a loophole that allows developers to 'relocate' their social percentage from developments and group them in one big social development flies in the face of the spirit of the idea. Planners and Councillors that allow this disgust me.
Anyone that has locked into a house in Stocking Wood: look at these plans. Complain to the developers. Complain to the councillors. There are four weeks to do so. Residents in Airpark & Prospect Manor will be doing so. The more voices the better.
I'll get off my soapbox now.

The halting site has been planned for a long time. There is also a permanent Travellers site on the roundabout close to Boden Heath already. Cait Keane is one of the local Councillers and is very good at filling people in on what is going on in the area . Please contact her with your concerns.

Alex white another counciller is running for election with Labour ring him to voice your concerns.

The social housing has caught me by surprise this is not the first time the social housing has been moved in bulk, it happened with expensive apartments in Dundrum, where they built a serparte block away from the development and put all social housing in one building.

I agree this should not be allowed, it was supposed to be 10% in each new development. The Galway tent sorts this out though for the developer.

Airpark, apart from being a very bady put together development cannot sell the remaining houses they have they are still being advertised on MyHome.ie. Negative Equity here..

There are over 2,000 units being built off Stocking lane, Maplewood,Deane Homes, Mountbrook Homes etc.. image that road in the morning.

I know. Stocking lane is a lovely country lane but it'll be absolute gridlock.
This development has been planned for years as has the new road that crosses the M50 and its only now that SDCC are announcing that they 'will' (not 'have') appoint a traffic consultant to look at this. The M50 link road opens next month.
What a pathetic bunch.
Three weeks from tomorrow is all you have to look at the plans...

No patch of green grass is sacred anymore. Even the Augustines around the corner from Stocking lane have sold there land to a developer for apartments, so add that lot onto the road as well. So much for semi rural living, why aren't there more high rises being built in the city centre??

The foxes etc that lived in Rathfarnham you see dead on the road now, no more room for wildlife in the semi rural areas.

The foxes etc that lived in Rathfarnham you see dead on the road now, no more room for wildlife in the semi rural areas.
You mean the foxes that live in Bushy park, St. Enda's park and Marley park?
The increase in dead foxes on the road might have something to do with the road works on Taylor’s lane that have necessitated the wall of the grange golf club being knocked down.
I see no real problem with the land at the Augustinians being developed, as the public didn’t have access to it anyway. I have more of a problem when amenities such as shops and petrol stations are knocked for residential use.

I see no real problem with the land at the Augustinians being developed, as the public didn’t have access to it anyway. I have more of a problem when amenities such as shops and petrol stations are knocked for residential use.[/quote]

What about the kids that are losing their pitch and putt course because of this ?, another amenities gone not gained. I see the kids all year round walking with their clubs to play for a couple of hours OUTDOOR entertainment, they will be stuck in the house with their playstations when this goes.

Hi,
Ive put a booking deposit on a two bed apartment in stocking wood.Its the middle block (TO THE RIGHT AT ENTRANCE).Does anyone else have a problem with the exterior of this block.Ive just seen it today and its nothing like what we were told.We were given the impression it was the same as the other blocks. Any feedback? EP81

Have you seen the plans for the halting sites and social housing right next to Stocking Wood?

Was interested in Stocking Wood myself and had a deposit down but withdrew for several reasons such as the halting site, size of the develpoment when finished, potential traffic problems, but mainly I just thought they were asking for too much given all the above and that I'd be in negative equity pretty quickly.

I'm not in any way trying to dissuade you, just giving my insight as someone who seriously considered buying in Stocking Wood. It does look like a nice development, but it just didn't do it for me. Good luck anyway in whatever you choose.

Thanks for that MacGyver....
still weighing up options...havent signed contracts yet..just paid booking deposit.will decide soon. regards.

Hi,
I have a copy of the plans for the halting site development & a copy of the powerpoint presentation as presented to the Tallaght Area Committee (whose Council it falls under).
The site is a halting site & now contains new 130-unit social housing development. Pictures of proposed units, plan layouts & elevations are included.
If anyone wants me to email them a copy of the plans & the powerpoint presentation, I would be happy to email them to you.
You can email me at neil @ vodafone.ie (without the gaps, obviously) and I will mail them back to you.
Regards to all,
Stones.

What do you think of 410 starting price for a two bed ground floor I presume apartment in staocking wood? I also see that Dalriada is also releasing a new phase at the same time!

We paid 420 for a two bed first floor....dalriada not sure of launch prices.my sister lives in Ballycullen,she had a letter from a council member to say two new bus routes will be piloting up there in may/june to see for demand so thats good news for anyone who bought.not sure of the numbers.one is planned to right up stocking avenue,down stocking lane and on to the yellow house into town.

Thats good, I just put a deposit on a 4 bed in Dalriada, 575,000 and 1340 square foot. This was a full 115,000 cheaper than Stocking wood four beds which are right beside. Good news about a bus route into town!

I have also bought an apartment in this block.I have been in contact with solicitors regarding this issue. They contacted the solicitors of the builders who sent back a letter stating that the block "is now rendered in cream plaster to fit in with aesthetic of surrounding blocks, houses".Not sure if they meant it is currently cream (because its blatantly yellow) or they will change the colour to cream.

Hi,
Ive put a booking deposit on a two bed apartment in stocking wood.Its the middle block (TO THE RIGHT AT ENTRANCE).Does anyone else have a problem with the exterior of this block.Ive just seen it today and its nothing like what we were told.We were given the impression it was the same as the other blocks. Any feedback? EP81

Yep 2 new bus routes the 74 and 74a each going every 30mins with a 30 min split. 74 goes down ballycullen road, firhouse road etc
74A goes down stocking lane, ballyboden road, yellow house etc

Drive down that new road most mornings and the new apt block is much uglier then the rest!

Just to say.......
i live in the area and cant believe the utter confusion in realtion to post codes up around ballycullen. the developement woodstown up that direction somehow a while back got away with calling itself knocklyon and since that im shocked with the estates being launched up that direction and the post codes and area names they are getting away with calling them. apart from this it is actually a nice spot tho to be calling stocking wood rathfarnham is a joke. oh they direct u up from rathfarnham alright just to drag u down a very long back road into the estate which is closer to tallaght than rathfarnham. if the developers directed proposed buyers from donnybrook could they then tell u stocking wood was in dublin 4???
the estate and house look the part alright tho to be so far up the mountain were there is nothing but empty fields u would at least expect a front garden and alot more living space for 750,000.... the only reception roon in these 4 beds is tiny, the people that did the showhouse got the smallest suite of furniture they could find to fit it in. aswell as this be careful with what the developers make out to be double bedroom as in fack if u measure the beds in some of these rooms u will find they have got divan beds made to size to fit in and look like doubles were they are 6" less in width and 3" less in lenght. this is going to be a very big development and if u buy and decide to sell in a couple of years there will prob always be a new part of the estae launch and actually closer to stocking lane. much better buys would be to drive down the road and have a look around rathfranham, knocklyon, templeogue in older estates for a bigger house with a garden and no management fee's and just pay the stamp !!! if there is a down turn the first areas to be hit prob will be the likes of new ones like stocking wood

Just to say.......
i live in the area and cant believe the utter confusion in realtion to post codes up around ballycullen. the developement woodstown up that direction somehow a while back got away with calling itself knocklyon and since that im shocked with the estates being launched up that direction and the post codes and area names they are getting away with calling them. apart from this it is actually a nice spot tho to be calling stocking wood rathfarnham is a joke. oh they direct u up from rathfarnham alright just to drag u down a very long back road into the estate which is closer to tallaght than rathfarnham. if the developers directed proposed buyers from donnybrook could they then tell u stocking wood was in dublin 4???
the estate and house look the part alright tho to be so far up the mountain were there is nothing but empty fields u would at least expect a front garden and alot more living space for 750,000.... the only reception roon in these 4 beds is tiny, the people that did the showhouse got the smallest suite of furniture they could find to fit it in. aswell as this be careful with what the developers make out to be double bedroom as in fack if u measure the beds in some of these rooms u will find they have got divan beds made to size to fit in and look like doubles were they are 6" less in width and 3" less in lenght. this is going to be a very big development and if u buy and decide to sell in a couple of years there will prob always be a new part of the estae launch and actually closer to stocking lane. much better buys would be to drive down the road and have a look around rathfranham, knocklyon, templeogue in older estates for a bigger house with a garden and no management fee's and just pay the stamp !!! if there is a down turn the first areas to be hit prob will be the likes of new ones like stocking wood

Could not have said it better myself, fully agree with you. There are better s/h houses in rathfarnham with gardens/driveways and no mgt fees for €750K (with no room to swing a cat downstaris). Stocking wood is not Rathfarnham and I dont know how they are getting away with it,it is like an extension of Hunterswood. Then entrance is off stocking lane and they you drive back to tallaght.
Maplewood homes have received planning on Stocking Avenue in RATHFARNHAM across from a lovely estate called Prospect Manor and these will be better situated houses with a proper Rathfarnham address.

If you are buying in Stocking Wood, think again, especially with a halting site and 170 social housing going in beside you. Did the estate agents tell you this!!!

Back