Copperfield, Stocking Avenue, Rathfarnham

I agree, however Colledge green actually started at 990K, I spoke to an estate agent about 15 minutes ago who told me that the end of terrace would cost 630K
2nd hand semi detached houses in this area (D16) that is are going to cost you about 630 or so, however you will get a front garden! What I am more worried about at the moment is this slowdown in the market that I have been hearing. Do people really think they are going to drop the prices!!! It'd be a first!

I agree, however Colledge green actually started at 990K, I spoke to an estate agent about 15 minutes ago who told me that the end of terrace would cost 630K
2nd hand semi detached houses in this area (D16) that is are going to cost you about 630 or so, however you will get a front garden! What I am more worried about at the moment is this slowdown in the market that I have been hearing. Do people really think they are going to drop the prices!!! It'd be a first!

€630k for a terrace with no kitchen appliances included.. god thats expensive.

My concerns are :

-Stocking Wood is no where near bus routes - so if you are walking like me on a wet day down that road it will be a pain.
-You have no driveway to park on or front garden to even have the option of off road parking.
-No side passage - bins will have to be left at the front of the house or dragged from the back garden through the house every time its collection day.
-You can get a second hand property much closer to Knocklyon and Rathfarnham for under that and thats with stamp duty taking into consideration as well.

Is Stocking Wood within the assigned area for the local schools? I know residents in Woodstown and Hunterswood are having problems with getting their kids into the primary school in Knocklyon.

Im not trying to put anyone of. We have an apartment and are dying to get a house in Knocklyon as we have both lived there all our lives and our families would be a 15min walk away from Stocking Wood.. its just we want to make the right decision and not have any regrets.

I am not convinced they'll sell out at those prices. I wouldn't say they'll reduce them it just means they'll have a few leftover for a while until other houses in the area creep up to meet the prices. It's all so confusing though, as when existing homeowners in the area see the prices they up the prices of their own houses to meet the prices of the new houses minus the stamp duty I think?

I really want to live in that area (well Rathfarnham, not necessarily Stocking Lane) but I think I will wait a bit as just could not afford those prices and would realistically be able to afford a second hand one alot easier. Didn't ring up for an appointment as do'nt want to waste mine and their time going to view them when just can't afford at present so hope to see the lowdown here tomorrow from you guys who are going to see them.

Also I think it is true they may be snapped up on the first day because the booking deposit is refundable the real signs will be 3 weeks time whether people have gone ahead or not.

Hello,
I went to see the houses in Stocking wood this morning, firstly its a nice site. The houses themselves are quite small, there bedrooms are small but well finished, nice fixtures and fittings. The Kitchen dinning area is nice although there isn't much workspace, what I was most dissapointed about was no appliances, they are being sold separate for Euro 3,500!! WHICH i THINK IS A CHEEK AT THEM PRICES!
The four beds are basically the same house with an extra bedroom and en-suite at the top, which is very nice! So to sum up I didn't put my name down, there wasn't enought there for me to justify the price! Hope I don't come to regret it!

€3,500 extra... mother of god thats a bit steep.

Were there assigned parking spaces or is it going to be like every other new development where there is 1.5 spaces per household?

How many were being sold and were many people putting deposits down?

I was up at the opening of Stocking wood this morning and not many people there as I thought, one very rude agent called grumpy Siobhan, when I asked about the parking spaces she basically snubbed me off, rest of the staff were very helpful though.

Nice houses from the outside but very small downstairs, kitchen and sitting room are tiny for a 1310sq ft 4 Bed house. Back Garden as per new house tiny as well, OH and no parking if you have a visitor calling and you already have two cars.

On the up side the the two upper levels were very nice especially the large bedroom on the third floor, very well done. But if you have kids you want the room downstairs for them to move around and put their toys etc. this house is not for kids.

Then only detached house was taken by the builders friend, as per the norm, €800K.

Not a bad development for first time buyer if you have 600K to spare.

€595 for a 3 bed terraced 1,000 sq feet. I think €650 for 3 bed semi, Bedrooms quite small in the 3 bed houses. I met a couple who have bought the 3 bed semi and we delighted, it all depends what you as an idividual want.

I personally would buy 2nd hand for 4 reasons:

Parking.
Front Garden.
Proper back garden, in case you want to extend at any stage.
No Management Charges. €400 a year in Stocking wood. Mulitiply that by 30 years , 12K before indexing it year by year.

There will be fights there over parking and the builder and estate agents will be long gone. Most households have two cars now, so tell your visitors to cycle to your house if they want to visit.

SDCC recommend 1.5 car spaces per house, how stupid is that? they should recommend driveways for each house to stop the builder cashing in on more space.

Thanks a million for all your advice Dubliner16.

I did a bit of research yesterday and looked at houses in the area - Rathfarnham / Knocklyon. There are a few that have been on the market for a few weeks now and I was amazed to discover that most of them didnt have any offers.

There are a lot of houses with front gardens, off street parking and room to extend which are coming in at well under the price for the same 3 beds that are being sold in Stocking Wood.

I felt a lot better after finding that out because I was worried that we were making a wrong decision by not going for a "new build" and saving stamp duty.

As I said before I would prefer to hand over the difference in stamp duty to get myself parking and an extension down the line than hand it over for management fees ;)

Glad to hear Parkviewbuye, its alot of money to spend and Estate Agents act as if you were buying a mars bar for 90c. This is the biggest purchase of your life.

Good luck with your search looking for a house that suits you, not the builder.

Just wondering has anybody out there bought in Stocking Wood ?

We put our names down for a 4 bed semi. €750K. Not sure if we will complete. Really concerned about the size of the downstairs living space. The majority of your 1300 sq foot is taken up by the bedrooms !!!

Saw on another site that the council is planning some serviced sites for travellers in the area. Would be interested if anybody has info.

Found this on Airpark thread

Re: Airpark, Stocking Lane, Rathfarnham
Click here :

and look at Traveler Accommodation Programme 2005-2008
It's a bit long winded but worth a read. There are 10 caravan bays planned for stocking lane. No exact location given.
I went through all this a few months ago as 8 new Travelers houses are being built close to me in Lucan. Ring the council. I did and they eased any concerns I had.

Thanks for that info I will phone the council tomorrow and check it out.

I live down the road in Hunterswood and the traffic is already pretty bad there in the mornings. When is this been launched to the public? Also are they definetly building a pub there have heard stories that it is not going ahead?

I have been in touch with my local counciler and there is a 10 Bay Serviced halting site going beside Stocking Wood. This has been approved a few years ago and is now going to take place.

4 Bed Semi as I have said before is tiny downstairs because they have gone for height to squeeze more houses in the development. so you get a 3 Storey 1310sq foot house but your downstairs is smaller than a normal 3 Bed Semi. All new developments are doing 3 storey now.

I personally would not buy in Stocking Wood, its not worth it.

Hi,

I spoke with the Traveller accomodation section at the SDCC. The halting site is for 10 caravans and will be located just past the roundabout entrance for Stocking Wood as you drive away from town on the RHS. There are plans available at the SDCC, but these are not online, and from description of the location over the phone the construction of the access road has yet to begin. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention.

In relation to the size of the living area for a 4bed, it's hard to disagree with the comments of Dubliner 16 and Zoo Station. A better gauge of interest will be in 3 weeks.

We put our names down for a 4 bed semi. €750K. Not sure if we will complete. Really concerned about the size of the downstairs living space. The majority of your 1300 sq foot is taken up by the bedrooms !!!

Saw on another site that the council is planning some serviced sites for travellers in the area. Would be interested if anybody has info.

We also put out name for 4 bed semi for €750. I really like them though but your right as in all the space is taken up by the bedrooms.. I thought it was just us as we are used to open plan living/kitchen area where we are now.
Were going up tomorrow (Wed 04/10) again as they are on view again from 5-7pm so I am going to make sure I really like them.

I think there is going to be traveller sites everywhere soon enough, Boden Heath has one right beside them and they still got the prices and the travellers haven't cause any trouble and seem to keep the place tidy.

Also got a phone call from Hooke and McDonald to say if we have contracts etc back within 21 days we get kitchen appliances free (worth €3500.. Did you here that too Zoo Station??

That's correct about the appliances. Across from Boden Heath is a settled traveller site composed of houses and this is well kept. However, this halting site will be for 10 caravans with non settled travellers. It remains to be seen if it will be as well kept.

Back