Colonic irrigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: speaking from personal experience

What crap.

No food sits in your system for years. This is typical psuedo-science. If your colon isn't functioning properly, you should see a proper doctor, not some random person with a garden hose and a few warm towels.

...astronauts get colonic prior to going into space - think I remember hearing that all sorts of stuff was uncovered - much of it way older than 7 years (albeit only traces) You would presume that the likes of NASA wouldn't avail of this kind of thing if it were of dubious worth

Caveat, find me a reputable source (ie one that's not trying to sell the service) that says that NASA astronauts get colonics and that they find stuff years old and I'll believe you.

I seem to remember a scene in "The Right Stuff" where enemas were administered.

I wouldn't be surprised if enemas were administered to ensure the astronauts didn't have to go to the toilet during the critical take off bits. But there's a huge gap between that and claiming that NASA use colonic irrigation and find stuff years old in the colons of their crew.

I'm intrigued how someone determined there was something stuck for seven years alright. I looked up the BMJ website. Only one reference in 1000's of articles to any supposed medical usage of this "therapy". I've no great interest in this the subject but the 300 euro for four sessions amazed me - that's about two trips to a medical consultant. At the risk of insulting people there seems to be a whole quack industry out there exploiting the credulous from reflexology to colonics.

Some people find Colonics beneficial for many reasons. I know a very close friend of mine who suffers from chronic IBS, had been to doctors, got relaxants, painkillers, went to consultants and nothing worked. Even though she was freaked out about having a colonic i convinced her to go and she says its the best thing she has ever done. Its the only thing she swears by that helps her IBS.

€300!!!!

I'm off to Woodies to buy a garden hose & some towels.

Oh, and a white coat and glasses so that I look professional.

I'll be taking bookings from 9:00 tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back