Colonic irrigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking from personal experience

well folks, I can tell you that I've this treatment a few times now... It's not painful, perhaps just a little uncomfortable initially. In fact, it's actually somewhat soothing, in a funny kind of way.
The therapist (I've used Anne Quinn in the Natural Healing & Colonic Centre in Tuam, Galway) covers you with a warm towel, checks that everything's ok, then gently inserts a tube at the entrance to the rectum. She then begins to slowly pump warm water through the tube. This lasts for around 30-40 mins, and really helps to dislodge any old waste that may have been sitting in your colon for up to 7 years!!!!

I can honestly say that I always feel fantastic afterwards - that little pot belly I had been carrying around disappeared, & after a deep sleep that night, I woke up with absolutely tons of energy. Skin/nails/hair looking much better, and general all-round improvements. On occasion, I've combined this with a 3 or 5-day detox (ie no tea/coffee/alcohol, no processed food etc) and this has enhanced the results even more.

Highly recommended!!
I believe that in Dublin, Anne McDevitt is pretty good for this treatment.

Dr. Gillian McKeith

For what it's worth, this is from the Channel 4 web site.

"After achieving her Masters in 1994, Gillian continued her studies at the American Holistic College of Nutrition and began a Doctorate of Philosophy in Holistic Nutrition which she completed in 1997"

As I'm sure the erudite posters to AAM know, Doctorates can be awarded in many fields of study and not just Medicine.

Re: speaking from personal experience

Dunners , how often have you to get it done? :x

Gillian

... did anyone see the recent exposé on this woman ... it may have been on ITV ... it showed her as she was on the Richard and Judy show a few years ago ... before she found herself in the USA. They basically claimed that she was a quack ... and her knowledge of anatomy was so ambiguous that it was really just mumbo jumbo.

Re: Dr. Gillian McKeith

from

" His PhD "degree" is from the American Holistic College of Nutrition, which is not accredited. "

more googling
"California nutritionist, states that he has MS and PhD degrees from the American Holistic College of Nutrition [a nonaccredited correspondence school now operating as the Clayton College of Natural Health] and "

and re the "Clayton College of Natural Health" gives
www.ncahf.org/articles/s-z/sham.html
www.ncahf.org/digest04/04-45.html

and on "Dr" Mckeith
[broken link removed]
www.precautionarytales.ne...nnel.shtml

she also won a nice award from the guardian..
education.guardian.co.uk/...01,00.html
etc etc

It is a sham ph.d from a sham school..

RE: speaking from personal experience

Leatherarse, I've had this about five times now - s'pose I'd be a pro at this stage???

Re: RE: speaking from personal experience

Hiya Cahir! :) Try www.indi.ie for contacts for Irish nutritionists and dieticians and www.whfoods.com for all you ever wanted to know about healthy foods.

Just had my second of 4 treatments.. Already feeling new energy.. Not too expensive either at €300 for the course...
I say if you are thinking about it just jump right in:)

You might think its a bummer for €300 but that is actually quite reasonable in Dublin..

Dunners,
Just a question... you say that a treatment can dislodge years worth of gunk, so why do you need to have a series of treatments!

mell61 said:
Dunners,
Just a question... you say that a treatment can dislodge years worth of gunk, so why do you need to have a series of treatments!
Its because they cant go for longer than about 40 mins in any one session.. Too much for the colon..

a real sign of the Celtic Tiger........ now you can even pay people to help you crap and presumably wipe your backside for you too!

Would be extremely uneasy about letting a non-medical professional do anything that invasive on me. Had a similar procedure carried out by a nurse some years ago and it's quite traumatic for your insides. It's not to be undertaken lightly in my opinion.

Ciaran said:
Would be extremely uneasy about letting a non-medical professional do anything that invasive on me. Had a similar procedure carried out by a nurse some years ago and it's quite traumatic for your insides. It's not to be undertaken lightly in my opinion.
I would also be uneasy about the equipment that is being used and how well it is sterilised. Those are bugs that I do not wish to mix.

Jessica said:
Its because they cant go for longer than about 40 mins in any one session.. Too much for the colon..
After 40 minutes you could end up with a semicolon! :eek:

Re: speaking from personal experience

This lasts for around 30-40 mins, and really helps to dislodge any old waste that may have been sitting in your colon for up to 7 years!!!!

What crap.

No food sits in your system for years. This is typical psuedo-science. If your colon isn't functioning properly, you should see a proper doctor, not some random person with a garden hose and a few warm towels.

You might think its a bummer for €300 but that is actually quite reasonable in Dublin..

I'm in the wrong business. I get car insurance quotes for that :). Another indication some people just don't know the value of money!

I used to work with someone who used to discuss his "treatments" on the phone in an open-plan office. Maybe a suggestion that this is not good etiquette in an open plan office!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back