Colonic irrigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doobey

2005 has me being as healthy as I possibly can and I came across this in a magazine article as being one of the best things I could do to help my body.

can anyone tell me of the benefits they felt from doing this form of therapy and where in dublin one might attend?

no crap now please (ahem..)

This crowd do it. Colonic Irrigation
The location: Medicosmetic Centre, 6 Windsor Place, Dublin 2. Tel (01) 6629521.
The cost: €100 for a 45-minute session.

Haven't been myself but have read stories about missing marbles re-appearing after years and years of searching.......

Trying to get other half to go, shes a bit squeamish about tubes and orifaces though.....

the craic

thanks for that sto, maybe i should have put the post in the craic?!!

Re: the craic

advanced cosmetic daycare - fitzwilliam street
1800 414151

Re: the craic

"thanks for that sto, maybe i should have put the post in the craic?!! "

Great post!! wish I had thought of it!!

Hi Marie, & Sue its not that funny.When I read this post it started me thinking, this is one thing that I had never thought about. But on reading the posts I said to my self that this may be the thing I need to get my body right after years of self abuse ( not theat kind Sue). When I put the proposal to Mrs Leather**** she said they should put the tube in the other end and clean out some of the s*it that I talk. It's not funny I told her. Anyway is it sore getting it done ( even if my name is Leatherarse)?, Is it worth it ?, and are there any side-effects? All answers would be appreciated. :x

i know this thread is being treated in a light-hearted manner, and that's fair enough. But as with all physical procedures, be aware of possible side effects. Therapists often use laxatives and enemas as part of the treatment, and critics warn that overuse of these products can damage your colon. They also feel that the vast quantity of water used can stretch the bowel to such an extent that it can no longer function properly.
Other possible side effects may include general weakness and deficiencies or imbalances of enzymes that work on fat, fat-soluble vitamins, and calcium.

The most dangerous potential side effect is inadvertent perforation of the colon by a nozzle.

think carefuly before proceeding with this procedure.

Most medical professionals will tell you colonic irrigation is not necessary. If you eat a balanced diet with plenty of water, fibre, fruit and vegetables, your colon should be healthy, with no need to stick anything up your bum.

Be Aware

1 Session of Irrigation is equal to 14 enemas so do not take the treatment lightly , you may need several Big Macs and a good cushion after the process , by the way what do they do with the waste ? Yuck

i'm assuming that the people performing these procedures are experts so as with all medical practitioners, I'd put my trust in them. It is interesting what Slash says though about the bowel getting bigger and maybe the colon being damaged. Plus the fact that at the end of the day it is a tube up your never-never....

gonna have a chat about it with the people at the numbers given, so thanks for those. as with Leather-hoin, years of abuse may be identified in that very area, so I'm looking at the treatment as a sort of confession, cleansing away the past so to speak in 2005.

I heard tis a right pain in the hole.......

BOOM BOOM!!!

Re: ..

i'm assuming that the people performing these procedures are experts so as with all medical practitioners

That's a big assumption. Are they really medically qualified, or are they glorified beauticians? Be careful, there's no regulation in this area.

Re: Colonic Irrigation - You are what you eat - Channel 4

If you want to be put right off the idea watch Channel 4 Tonight @ 8 to see You are what you eat. The nutritionist (Dr. Gillian McKeith) is somethin' else! She was on the Late Late Show a while ago.

I read somewhere that "Dr" Keith bought her PhD from some flakey "university" in the US and that it is not a medical doctorate. (Like "Dr" Paisley, I guess). However, when you listen to her she does seem to know quite a lot about nutrition.

On the same general topic (ish!) - can anyone recommend a nutrionist in Dublin for a sort of assessment on what you're eating now and how you could improve??

Colonic Irrigation - You are what you eat - Channel 4

Cahir - "The Guardian" is issuing an extra supplement (last Saturday, the coming one and I think on week three) on this very issue! I've been keen on understanding aspects of nutrition and disease-prevention for many years and had a close friend who was one of the first Macrobiotic practitioners in Europe. Shredding away all the New-Age-and-joss-sticks aspects of it there is sound scientific evidence that our current diet of chill-cooked prepackaged foods, stimulants and not enough daily fruit and vegetable are baaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Don't the public libraries keep back-issues of newspapers for a few weeks in which case you could retrieve last weeks which was short, sharp and to the point about vitamin supplements and properties of different fruits and vegetables, daily recommended quantities etc. Alternatively it might be accessible on-line at Guardian Unlimited website.

P.S.

Shocking the body with invasive procedures like this are not so useful as everyday good sense as previous posters suggest.

Re: P.S.

Thanks Marie, will check that out. I think I've a fairly good diet compared to most people I know but I'd like to see what else I could be doing.

Speaking of Dr Gillians programme tonight - is it physically possible to go 5 days without going to the bathroom - the poor woman must have been in agony!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back