Charlie Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think that's the same as what Kirk was doing?
Does FG list theirs on their website?
Has it led to harassment of academics?

So I really think Kirk wasn't any sort of champion of free speech, but a troll.
A racist hate spreading troll who dog whistled derogatory remarks about the processing power of the brains of black women, repeating racist tropes that should have died out decades ago.
Absolutely correct.

I've really had my eyes opened this last two years. I used to agree with the likes of Douglas Murray and his anti-muslim sentiments. Of course they are fair game when beheading Western captives, and the Koran is a hate filled book. But what we've been witnessing in Gaza is a televised outrage, a mass murder campaign, and the apologists (like Murray, and Kirk) who jump to the defense of 'the world's most moral army - the IDF' really showed their true colours. They abandoned their moral high horses to defend Israel's atrocities, to the hilt.
What it actually has educated me of is the stunning similarities between Islam and Judaism. The Talmud is every bit as insane and hateful as the Koran, and when Zionism is unleashed it behaves just like the worst of the most fascistic Islamists. There aren't many famous YouTubers making a good living off videos about disgusting quotes from the Talmud, are there. I wonder why that is....cough......

Incidentally - on the subject of YouTube - there's a video circulating of a recent interview with Kirk where he states his belief that Israel 'stood down' complicitly on October 7th. Quite a pivot from him, and the online speculation is rising that Kirk was 'offed' by Israel for that betrayal. He was allegedly a major beneficiary of Israeli/AIPAC funding, and he certainly shilled hard for them in the past. Why the pivot? Perhaps he could see which way the wind is now blowing and realised he better revise his grift.
The conspiracy theories about the assassin are also spreading like wildfire and serious questions are being asked about certain 'plot holes'.

I expect this post will be deleted.
Cough Cough.
 
The Talmud is every bit as insane and hateful as the Koran
The Tanakh is the foundational text of Judaism. The Talmud is the Rabbinical laws and interpretations of the Tanakh. Therefore it is incorrect to compare the Talmud to the Bible or the Koran. You should be comparing them to the Tanakh. I agree that it is a blood filled hateful barbaric book which excuses mass murder, genocide, incest, racism etc. If you're a Christian you'll know it as the Old Testament.

I'm not a fan of Douglas Murray or Charlie Kirk or Jordan Peterson or anyone who makes sweeping generalisations about a billion people based on the religion they were born into or the sexual orientation people were born with or the country they were born in. I especially object when they monetise their bigotry. I see no difference between that and judging people based on the colour of their skin. I include in that those who think all Jewish people or citizens of Israel are the same.
 
Even in your response I see more parallels between Judaism and Islam. Many (but not all) Islamic apologists try to dismiss links between the Koran and the Haddith. I've read endless tracts by them, denying their own books (the Haddith), because so much of it disgusts even them. You're doing it for the Talmud - the Judaic equivalent of the Haddith. They are inseparable.

The two religions are - as Galloway would put it - two cheeks of the same butt. The similarities are more than coincidental. Mohammed adopted great swathes of Judaic practices for his religion (e.g Kosher/Halal restrictions), and then turned against the Jews of Arabia when they rejected his attempts at converting them. This is the source of all the inhumanity, and is a curse on human history. They are like siblings murdering each other at every opportunity, and dragging down the rest of the world with them.

By the way I do not 'think all Jewish people or citizens of Israel are the same', nor all Arabs/Muslims. There are gradations.
Zionists and Islamofascists are beastly. But I can show you a YouTube video of a football stadium in New York, packed to the rafters with thousands of Hassidic Jews - all in Hassidic garb - all there to hear speeches from a Hassidic Rabbi who vociferously condemns Zionism and wants the destruction of Israel.

It's a bit more complex than many might think.
 
Even in your response I see more parallels between Judaism and Islam. Many (but not all) Islamic apologists try to dismiss links between the Koran and the Haddith. I've read endless tracts by them, denying their own books (the Haddith), because so much of it disgusts even them. You're doing it for the Talmud - the Judaic equivalent of the Haddith. They are inseparable.
The Tanakh is where the disgusting tracts are contained. The Talmud just extrapolates rules and laws from the source material. The Tanakh is the Old Testament and the foundational text of Christianity. In the New Testament Je-sus said that "Scripture cannot be broken" so he instructed that the Old Testament be followed to the letter.


The two religions are - as Galloway would put it - two cheeks of the same butt. The similarities are more than coincidental. Mohammed adopted great swathes of Judaic practices for his religion (e.g Kosher/Halal restrictions), and then turned against the Jews of Arabia when they rejected his attempts at converting them. This is the source of all the inhumanity, and is a curse on human history. They are like siblings murdering each other at every opportunity, and dragging down the rest of the world with them.
All religion is a curse on human history, particularly the three Abrahamic versions.


By the way I do not 'think all Jewish people or citizens of Israel are the same', nor all Arabs/Muslims. There are gradations.
Yes, the less they stick to their texts and the more secular they are the better they are.


Zionists and Islamofascists are beastly.
I am a Zionist because I think Israel has the right to exists. If you think it does then you're a Zionist too.


But I can show you a YouTube video of a football stadium in New York, packed to the rafters with thousands of Hassidic Jews - all in Hassidic garb - all there to hear speeches from a Hassidic Rabbi who vociferously condemns Zionism and wants the destruction of Israel.
Yep, they are like Fundamentalist Muslims in many ways.

It's a bit more complex than many might think.
Anyone who actually thinks, thinks it's more complex than those who only think they think.

Charlie Kirk was one of the people who chose to see the world through the prism of a literal interpretation of Bronze Age tribal writings from the Middle East. That,in my view, is a ridiculous thing to do.
 
Nope. His callous comments dismissing the Palestinian Genocide were a disgrace and a lie, not to mention provocative and outrageous.
He had no sympathy - why should I have any for him?
I strongly object to this post.

You think some of his comments are a disgrace, you may well be right.

To go from that to saying you have no sympathy for a man who was shot dead for talking is beyond the bounds of civilised conversation in my opinion.
 
I listened to an African-American pastor who was speaking on Sunday, popped up in my feeds for some reason. He said, "how you die does not redeem how you live" when speaking about Kirk. I thought that was a very fair comment. Alfred Street Baptist Church on Insta if anyone wants to look up his 4 minute sermon.
 
I listened to an African-American pastor who was speaking on Sunday, popped up in my feeds for some reason. He said, "how you die does not redeem how you live" when speaking about Kirk. I thought that was a very fair comment.
He must not have read his bible. Kirk was a devout Christian who followed Scripture. His views were consistent with his faith. He was a good Christian and so, in accordance with John 14:27 and Luke 23:43, he's in heaven.

If, of course, you believe all that stuff.

Personally I found his views intolerant and obnoxious, as I do so much in Abrahamic holy books, but I don't for a moment doubt his sincerity.
 
in accordance with John 14:27 and Luke 23:43, he's in heaven.
Not sure "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you" would describe Charlie Kirk and the same applies to the penitent thief as I didn't hear him saying he was sorry at the end.
 
Not sure "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you" would describe Charlie Kirk
The second half of the verse is "Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid”. It a reference to the inner peace that faith gives you.

and the same applies to the penitent thief as I didn't hear him saying he was sorry at the end.
That's a reference to salvation through faith and forgiveness. It's where the line in the Catholic Mass "Look not on your sins but on the faith of your Church" comes from.

For Christians who live the Scripture Charlie was out there saving souls. I disagree with his views but I don't doubt the sincerity of his actions.
 
For Christians who live the Scripture Charlie was out there saving souls. I disagree with his views but I don't doubt the sincerity of his actions
Interestingly, that Pastor mentioned how fed up he was of people quoting lines from the old Testament and not living the life of This post will be deleted if not edited immediately. And he's a Christian who has a very different view on Kirk. The bible is like any book or contract, you can take a line out of it and quote it out of context very easily which Kirk/Maga are very good at doing.
 
The bible is like any book or contract, you can take a line out of it and quote it out of context very easily which Kirk/Maga are very good at doing
I agree but if one is a Christian then it is the inspired written word of God and must be taken as such.
 
Surely it's time that a separate thread on theology, religion, and the meaning of life be opened so we can all contribute?

It seems a tad unfair to poor Charlie Kirk to have lumped all of this stimulating material into a thread about his untimely demise.
 
Surely it's time that a separate thread on theology, religion, and the meaning of life be opened so we can all contribute?

It seems a tad unfair to poor Charlie Kirk to have lumped all of this stimulating material into a thread about his untimely demise.
That's what he was selling. He was sincere and genuine in his beliefs.

Such people frighten me as they are capable of the most profound good and the most profound evil since compassion and empathy are nothing when compared to the will of God.
 
Purple - "In the New Testament Je-sus said that "Scripture cannot be broken" so he instructed that the Old Testament be followed to the letter."

Kirk himself refuted that quotation, so if you are using it to defend him you're not doing a good job of it. Check out his debate at the Cambridge (and Oxford) Student Unions.

I'm gonna bail out of this thread now, I only come to Askaboutmoney to seek occasional financial advice and it is always freely given and appreciated. I'm not here to row with the same folk who help me out - I can do that on Politics.ie
I hope there are no hard feelings.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top