Cancelling Eir broadband

sinbad75

12 months up, want to cancel. Wrote a termination letter as required, it has not been acknowledged. Tried 1901, cannot get through. Tried twitter, they won’t resolve. Anyone had any success with cancelling?

Just double checking ............ as a just in case ............. if u haven't already done so please see this

I recently switched and I didn't have to contact Eir or give them any notice. Terminating as you appear to be doing unfortunately does seem to involve contacting them.

12 months up, want to cancel. Wrote a termination letter as required, it has not been acknowledged. Tried 1901, cannot get through. Tried twitter, they won’t resolve. Anyone had any success with cancelling?

Cancelling the direct debit will get their attention.

12 months up, want to cancel.

Cancel, cancel what ? I'm assuming by the above you are out of contract, no need for you to contact them at all.
If you wish to move provider, just move.

If you no longer require service, send a registered letter and if its not actioned after 30 days of receipt then cease payment .

I found their complaints section on website, submitted a complaint...after submission they revealed their complaints phone number...called that and got someone after 10 mins which is exceptionally good for eir.

I made a strong complaint on phine on top of my written complaint. Told them i wa t to end relationship with them, didnt wa.t anymore offers etc. Told them i was giving them another rex, had canceled stand order etc with bank. They said their csncellation team would call me. They called sfter a few days i repeated complaint. They released me like a bird.

Just double checking ............ as a just in case ............. if u haven't already done so please see this

I recently switched and I didn't have to contact Eir or give them any notice. Terminating as you appear to be doing unfortunately does seem to involve contacting them.
I started switching to Vodafone but they want me to have a different telephone number so I cancelled.
Is this normal?

I started switching to Vodafone but they want me to have a different telephone number so I cancelled.
Is this normal?
When I went thru the long saga of switching from SKY, they cancelled my number. Apparently you need to tell them you are switching so that can switch the number over. I now have a new number, doesn't matter to me as the landline isn't used.

When I went thru the long saga of switching from SKY, they cancelled my number. Apparently you need to tell them you are switching so that can switch the number over. I now have a new number, doesn't matter to me as the landline isn't used.
I did tell them I am switching

And we wonder why so few switch - at least with Gas & Electricity the regulator has finally forced simple procedures on the utility companies

COMREG doesn't care about consumers

I did tell them I am switching
Okay, that's different. I had told them (SKY) I was moving (long story - terrible service IMO) and, in a final communication, I asked that they cancel everything. They duly did without asking me to confirm I wasn't switching and, as a result, my line was cancelled. When I tried to go to another provider, this became a problem. I ended up with Virgin Media, and I'm happy with them, as they use their own equipment.

To anyone else switching, Please note,
They never mentioned about change of telephone number, I notice in the small print.
It is very important to me to keep my number for business contacts long lost relatives etc
The UAN number should take care of this

We started the switch yesterday to VF. The guy asked specifically if we wanted to keep the same phone number.

We started the switch yesterday to VF. The guy asked specifically if we wanted to keep the same phone number.
Keep a eye on the documentation they send you. I cannot understand why they point blank refused me even after writing to them

Back