Cancelling Eir broadband

The T & C are read out to you over the phone, it's impossible to remember it all or study it, how can you follow it for cancellation etc?
It's all published online, people should take a few minutes to do a little reading before making the phone call. Failing that, the cooling-off period allows more time to familiarise yourself with all the terms that apply and cancel if you're not happy with them. If you fail to take either of those opportunities to educate yourself on a contract you freely entered into, there's only one party to blame.

ie.trustpilot.com/review/eir.ie

Should be obvious to many but they are notorious, took me months and many attempts to get a refund from eir even with comreg on the case.
Constantly being covered in Irish Times for their shady business practices, blatant false advertising as well

Tried to cancel phone and broadband on 6/10. Was told letter of cancellation would come out. Plus 250€ break contract fee. No letter arrived. Brought equipment to Eir shop today to return it but they wouldn’t accept it. Saying account is still active. Cancelling as moving house. What to do ?

Tried to cancel phone and broadband on 6/10. Was told letter of cancellation would come out. Plus 250€ break contract fee. No letter arrived. Brought equipment to Eir shop today to return it but they wouldn’t accept it. Saying account is still active. Cancelling as moving house. What to do ?
I've moved house before & had to cancel Eir, it was straightforward as there was no break fee on the contract because moving house. Normally have to post back the modem. I'd ring them again, try at 9am as that's when you get through immediately.

I returned my modem to the shop, they had no method of receipt. Form etc to prove that it was returned

Back