Can Dubs win ANYTHING in sport ?

all of they're away games, oh yea they play all of they're games in croke park, thank god we dont have to put up with there supporters, is that not unfair, they do not play away from home??

i was actually in a town after a dublin match and there were trees broken and street furniture wreaked, i asked a local what happened and he said that dublin were playing a match in the town the day before, is that the reason there're not allowed play outside dublin??

Hmmm...... not one specific piece of detail given, time, date place???....Olly64, I think you'll find, if you had bothered to check, that Dublin do play away games both in the League (remember that?) and in the Championship.....Maybe you should do a google search and when your better informed come back and then we can have a proper discussion.

look at the dublin supporters going around the the towns of ireland and wreaking them, shame on them, there only thugs

Haha, can this guy spell anything correctly? Perhaps he's never heard of grammar and punctuation either? My goodness, what a perfectly incomprehensible sentence.

As a non GAA fan though, I genuinely love the way you guys get so hot and bothered about it.

Can County X beat County X?................The world waits.:rolleyes:

As a non GAA fan though, I genuinely love the way you guys get so hot and bothered about it.

Can County X beat County X?................The world waits.:rolleyes:
Well that's (mass spectator) sport for you - not necessarily logical but engaging for those who are into it. GAA sports mean little (approaching nothing) to me but, as a Bohs supporter, I can empathise with the traits, emotions and allegiances/loyalty involved. I suppose some people are not into that sort of carry on. Maybe it's to their detriment. Maybe not. Who knows?

In fairness we Dubs and surrounding areas, I think its true to say have far more interest in soccer hence why we provide almost all the Irish born internationals along with a few very good players from the likes of Cork (Keane (the elder), irwin and Ireland) and Wicklow and Louth (McShane, Staunton, Gary Kelly, etc.). Saying Dublin are rubbish at GAA is like saying New Zealand are rubbish at soccer maybe true but in NZ soccer is a minority sport the way GAA and hurling even more so is in Dublin.

I know a lot of people who go to Dublin gaelic football games and its just a **** up/they are just proud to be Dubs

colc1, while the sentiment is okay, I'd hardly put Dublin on the same level as New Zealand, better one would be Germany. Good enough to make the final stages but not always winning, but still 2nd only to he big guns (Brazil-Kerry) - same kind of colours, I wonder is that why Kerry chose the green and gold out of respect to Pele and Ronaldo? :)

In fairness we Dubs and surrounding areas, I think its true to say have far more interest in soccer hence why we provide almost all the Irish born internationals along with a few very good players from the likes of Cork (Keane (the elder), irwin and Ireland) and Wicklow and Louth (McShane, Staunton, Gary Kelly, etc.)

I think you will find the net sweeps wider than that, waterford (O'Shea, Hunt), Tipperary (Long), Limerick (Finnan), Donegal (Given), alot of the new boys seem to be coming from the country hence so many declarations that the new hungrier attitude that was once lacking in this team stems from the GAA background most of these boys have in the country.

I wouldn't say Dub fans are any worse than any other with drink in them i.e if your a thug your a thug regardless of where your from, but this thread started as someone telling jokes and it should have stayed that way.

I think you will find the net sweeps wider than that, waterford (O'Shea, Hunt), Tipperary (Long), Limerick (Finnan), Donegal (Given),

doyle (wexford) dublin only has duff and robby keane when you think of it, gaa is stronger in dublin than down the country.

I wouldn't say Dub fans are any worse than any other with drink in them i.e if your a thug your a thug regardless of where your from, but this thread started as someone telling jokes and it should have stayed that way.

it showed a section of hill16 on sunday with loads of dublin junkies with tatoos and jewlery

it showed a section of hill16 on sunday with loads of dublin junkies with tatoos and jewlery

:eek:

they also showed a section of the Hogan stand with loads of hard Kerrymen eating their mammy's sandwiches and drinking flasks of tea. :)

Olly, where are your examples of Dublin fans thuggery? Listening to your posts you would think Dublin fans had done the worst rampaging in Ireland since the Vikings! Seriously, no times, dates, examples, maybe it time you posted up or shut up. Personaly, I'd prefer the latter:rolleyes:

I think poor old Olly's playing a game and doing a nonsensical wind up. One of the days where there was supposed to be cocaine witnessed was when a certain northern team (aptly playing in white) were spotted in the toilets with rolled up banknotes. I tried to explain to a friend from Laois Dublin that the poor folks from that Ulster spot were "secreting" the notes in other places, mainly due to influences from a blue clad neighbour.

I think its getting to the stage where there has to be an annual anti Dublin story. This year it was the Dubs taunting their opponents, and last year we had the "drinkin dubs". I remember a line from an old Reo Speedwagon song, "talk is cheap when the story is good and tales grow taller down the line".

Really? How do you know they were junkies? Do you know them personally or something? I must say I'm not impressed with the kind of company you keep.

I think its getting to the stage where there has to be an annual anti Dublin story. This year it was the Dubs taunting their opponents, and last year we had the "drinkin dubs". I remember a line from an old Reo Speedwagon song, "talk is cheap when the story is good and tales grow taller down the line".

The Dubs taunting wasn't a story as much as an actual occurence and fanned the flames of the stereotypical dublin arrogance debate i.e ye get so cocky without reason.

The Dubs taunting wasn't a story as much as an actual occurence and fanned the flames of the stereotypical dublin arrogance debate i.e ye get so cocky without reason.

Lets not forget one thing, Dublin IS the best country in this Island...:rolleyes:

Yes, it was an occurence, one which I personally don't care for. But are we really to believe that taunting in gaelic football only started with Dublin in 2007? What was taking place between Kieran Donaghy and that goalkeeper? Were they swapping phone numbers last year?

"So we get so cocky without reason", really? how does this cockiness manifest itself? Do you have a machine that measures it? Yes, we get a lot of media coverage (I've covered this point earlier in this thread) but that is it!

"So we get so cocky without reason", really? how does this cockiness manifest itself? Do you have a machine that measures it? Yes, we get a lot of media coverage (I've covered this point earlier in this thread) but that is it!

I was more referring to the players, as a supporter you're supposed to be cocky!

Lets not forget one thing, Dublin IS the best country in this Island...

Now that is cocky, here was i thinkin it's only a wee county!

I was more referring to the players, as a supporter you're supposed to be cocky!

I haven't seen any evidence of this and more importantly you haven't cited any either!

Indeed, in my opinion, to be cocky goes against modern sports psychology except for boxers. Most players and managers are very guarded when they speak and careful to talk up the opposition and not themselves in interviews. Indeed, they do not wish to say anything that might be used as a motivational cue by the other side, e.g. article about the Dublin team in Laois newspapers in 2006.

Indeed, Paul Caffrey rarely says anything in interviews.

What was taking place between Kieran Donaghy and that goalkeeper? Were they swapping phone numbers last year?
In fairness to Donaghy, he apologised personally to Paul Hearty shortly after that quarter-final game finished last August, and publicly in interviews afterwards.

it was very disappointing to see the likes of Brian Cullen and Jason Sherlock involved int he goading of players, I have come to expect it from the Brogans Keaney Casey. I thought Declan O Sullivan response to to Cullens roaring in his face was perfect, he scored 1 3 from play off him

it was very disappointing to see the likes of Brian Cullen and Jason Sherlock involved int he goading of players, I have come to expect it from the Brogans Keaney Casey. I thought Declan O Sullivan response to to Cullens roaring in his face was perfect, he scored 1 3 from play off him

Yes but my point is that its only ever a story when Dublin players are involved, when it happens every week in the GAA.

Back