Can Dubs win ANYTHING in sport ?

Yes but my point is that its only ever a story when Dublin players are involved, when it happens every week in the GAA.

To be fair, I am a Dublin supporter and I have to say that the Dublin team (or the Dublin forwards) has brought it to a whole new level this year. Its an extremely ugly part of their game and they don't seem willing to stop. I also witnessed the same thing at an underage game recently where someone missed a free and had an opponent straight in his face. They were playing a U14 match!! To be fair, the guy was taken straight off by the manager. Not just blaming Dublin for this but they are the most high profile team and they do have to set an example.

The story of taunting is so similiar to when an Armagh player was "abused" by spectators at a Na Fianna game. It made big news and of course all Dubliners, and people from the Republic, were ungrateful and racist. But nothing was made of the regular abuse of players from the 26counties when playing in the North who are called Free Staters and non-stop abused (I had this when playing for a Dundalk team in the Armagh hurling league).

I'm not only saying it's because it's a Dublin thing, but the media are in the business to make sales, nothing else. If we're to believe rightly, the only GAA people in Wicklow before a certain Kerryman's arrival were those who locked referees in car boots.

It's sad when it filters down, but while not deflecting blame from the GAA, when you see soccer matches, especially professional, that kind of sledging is the norm. It's sick to see a lack of sportsmanship in any sprt, especially the GAA which I always believed could hold it's head high!

To be fair, I am a Dublin supporter and I have to say that the Dublin team (or the Dublin forwards) has brought it to a whole new level this year. Its an extremely ugly part of their game and they don't seem willing to stop. I also witnessed the same thing at an underage game recently where someone missed a free and had an opponent straight in his face. They were playing a U14 match!! To be fair, the guy was taken straight off by the manager. Not just blaming Dublin for this but they are the most high profile team and they do have to set an example.

Not just blaming Dublin for this but they are the most high profile team and they do have to set an example.

i thought kerry had a higher profile, where will dublin be on the second sunday in september??

Olly, where are your examples of Dublin fans thuggery? Listening to your posts you would think Dublin fans had done the worst rampaging in Ireland since the Vikings! Seriously, no times, dates, examples, maybe it time you posted up or shut up. Personaly, I'd prefer the latter:rolleyes:

So Olly64, even though you have had over a day to think about it, you still couldn't come up with any facts or examples? Guess you have decided to stick to what you do best, posting anti Dublin gibes.....

i thought kerry had a higher profile, where will dublin be on the second sunday in september??

Dublin will probably be relaxing at home as I expect Kerry will be as well. The All Ireland Football Final is on its traditional date, the THIRD Sunday in September. Just another expression by you of how little you actually know about the GAA.

Yes you are right. Kerry get 80,000 to all their championship games and get the highest tv viewing figures. :rolleyes: I know you are just trying to wind people up but you are getting boring now.

Just another expression by you of how little you actually know about the GAA.

You don't need to know the dates of finals to make observations, but it is fairly obvious that he is just on a wind up mission, that said it wasn't too hard to wind some of yous lot up

You don't need to know the dates of finals to make observations, but it is fairly obvious that he is just on a wind up mission, that said it wasn't too hard to wind some of yous lot up

Your obviously know as little as Olly64! perhaps your related?

Jeez Clubman - last post before yours was Aug 2007.... have you really been waiting nearly 15 months to get back to this topic :)

Fair play to Bohs !

Perhaps Anthony Daly will help the Dublin Hurlers to a first Leinster title !?

Haven't read all the thread but has anyone mentioned Padraig Harrington?

I've heard he might get Freedom of Dublin City, he deserves it.
Great sportsman and a true gent!

:eek:

they also showed a section of the Hogan stand with loads of hard Kerrymen eating their mammy's sandwiches and drinking flasks of tea. :)

hang sandwiches and flasks of tay. Can't be beaten

Hopefully Bohs can avoid the 'curse of the title' - all recent champions have nearly been wound up in the year(s) subsequent to winning.

Good Cup final by all accounts, saw bits of it including the peno's.

Think Daly took the job a year too late, Galway now in Leinster and Gilroy set to bring some brains and PR savvy back into the Dublin football scene.

I wouldn't say Bohs are "prospering" at all.

Their collective hangovers from Sunday may clear but the hangover from the court case will be around for a very long time.

Jeez Clubman - last post before yours was Aug 2007.... have you really been waiting nearly 15 months to get back to this topic :)

Some would call that a breach of the posting guidelines of "Bumping" as I was informed when I did a similar thing a few weeks ago......

Some would call that a breach of the posting guidelines of "Bumping" as I was informed when I did a similar thing a few weeks ago......

There vill be no dissention in relation to ze authority of ZE MODERATOR !!! (whi-tish) - sound of whip crashing on desk ;)

Back