Buying a diesel car nowadays

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you are being argumentative for the sake of it, lets put it this way, do you think there won't be any more windfarms developed outside the ones currently in the pipeline? If yes, you are wrong, if no what point are you trying to make?
No, it's an obvious point about windfarms that their development attracts protests and objections, and this clearly inhibits their rollout. You claimed that, notwithstanding this, "we have plenty of suitable locations for wind farms". I'm just wondering where at least some of these locations are?

At full constant load like a power station. If you Google the poolbeg battery facility it says it can provide 75MW for up to 2 hours, it covers 1.5 hectares, that's a hell of alot of battery.
The small Midlands power station in edenderry is rated at 130MW maximum output , Moneypoint has an output of 905MW.
You can see from those figures that no battery facility can replace conventional power stations

While not in widespread use, vehicle to grid technology is in development. The technology is in current production models, see Nissan Leaf and Ford F-150. 877 Nissan Leaf's were sold in 2022 in Ireland, assume 50kWh batteries that 43 MW potential battery capacity in the existing fleet. If we get to a stage that half of the annual new car purchases have 50kWh batteries with V2G, that's 2500 MW battery capacity connected to the grid p.a. That's a long way out but not unobtainable. Even if car batteries connected to the home provide the power for peak use within that home, that is a substantial reduction in the demands on the power grid.

No, it's an obvious point about windfarms that their development attracts protests and objections, and this clearly inhibits their rollout. You claimed that, notwithstanding this, "we have plenty of suitable locations for wind farms". I'm just wondering where at least some of these locations are?

you are being awkward for the sake of it and not making a whole lot of sense. I'll leave this discussion where its at.

you are being awkward for the sake of it and not making a whole lot of sense. I'll leave this discussion where its at.
No, I'm not. You made a claim and are clearly unable to substantiate it so you've attacked my motive in questioning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back