Bitcoin discussion on Askaboutmoney.

What value would you put on AAM? How would you calculate its financial price, and what price would you get if you put it up for sale? By your reasoning there should be no difference as the only way to value it is through its potential profits?

I would put a high valuation on this analogy.......brilliant! :D:D:D:D

What value would you put on AAM? How would you calculate its financial price, and what price would you get if you put it up for sale? By your reasoning there should be no difference as the only way to value it is through its potential profits?

Correct, that is the only way to put a financial value on Askaboutmoney - its potential profits. I don't see why that is a difficult concept, but maybe I am missing something? While Askaboutmoney has no income or profits, it has no financial value.

If we accepted ads or sponsorship and made profits or had the potential to make profits, it would be valued at some multiple of those profits.

The internet does not suspend the rules of finance or valuation. We got hoarse explaining to people that putting .com after a business name did not immediately make it worth millions.

The only people making money out of Bitcoin are those who can find a Greater Fool to whom they can sell it for more than they paid for it. As with a ponzi scheme, there is a limit to the number of Greater Fools.

Brendan

While Askaboutmoney has no income or profits, it has no financial value.

No financal value, really? Would you sell it for €1?
€1,000?
€100,000?
€10m?
€100m?

If a buyer were to offer, and a seller to accept, is this not financial value? Ditto a Da Vinci painting or Presley guitar?

Correct, that is the only way to put a financial value on Askaboutmoney - its potential profits. I don't see why that is a difficult concept, but maybe I am missing something? While Askaboutmoney has no income or profits, it has no financial value.

Please give me a shout if you are ever putting anything up for sale Brendan, I love picking things up for a fraction of the price they are truly worth! :D

Back