Belmayne, Malahide Rd, North Dublin?

20 mins dart to Portmarnock, approx 35 mins on the bus from Clarehall.
there is about 80% QBC

Shocked by the prices! havent actually seen that new developement Belmayne tho say the ads in the paper which look more like an ad for house of fraser! is this place ballymun ? the developers have now started leaving out the areas that these places are in when they advertise, they saw "off the malahide raod" which leaves one thinkin it is in fact in malahide...........

Shocked by the prices! havent actually seen that new developement Belmayne tho say the ads in the paper which look more like an ad for house of fraser! is this place ballymun ? the developers have now started leaving out the areas that these places are in when they advertise, they saw "off the malahide raod" which leaves one thinkin it is in fact in malahide...........

ive attached a screenshot from google earth to show ya where it is...

What are the prices as of now out of interest - know two people who are living in there now. Have been in one of their places, a 3 or 4 bed terrace house, 3 stories. Must be 4 beds, don't remember for sure. Think that was just below 500k. Area is a bit of a building site at the minute obviously.

red X at intersection of malahide and balgriffen road marks the spot

It's an interesting development...I went and had a look at the original launch. The virtually non-existent gardens and apartments over some of the houses would turn me off. Some of the house designs were nice though...one in particular with the master bedroom on the whole top floor with an ensuite and dressing rooms was particularly impressive.
The builders are hoping Belmayne will be essentially a new suburb...it's certainly not Malahide. Pricewise I thought there was value to be had

Went to see the show apartment on Sunday.
Guys, they are made with timber. The whole place will be shaking when your neighbour's wash machine is spinning!

Do they mention the fact that a halting site and the infamous Darndale are a few hundred metres down the road?

Of course all areas have problems but this has more than most

its nowhere near ballymun, and is in fact off the malahide road - so if someone thinks that it is in malahide it is down to the ignorance of the buyer and not the developers fault.

IMO i think the whole clongiffen, belamayne area is shaping up to be a good new development. much closer to town and easier to get out of than places like adamstown

Theres plenty of free visitor parking dotted around, Ive bought a house but theres wont be an apt above me so cant help you on that front!

I know of another LM dev where they have major V parking issues as they only handed over a tiny portion of the actual spaces to the development.

This dev also thought that there was plenty of free V spaces until later on.

Looks like they're having a bit of trouble selling the 1 beds. Check out the 5th from the top, 350k - 275k (biggest price frop in Dublin)

[broken link removed]

Do they mention the fact that a halting site and the infamous Darndale are a few hundred metres down the road?

Of course all areas have problems but this has more than most

Totally disagree. Yes there is a halting site nearby but it has been there for years and is relatively quiet. The whole area is being re-developed and should be pretty nice once its all finished.

New Phase of apts are smaller and not in as good a location in the development.

Hi there, getting onto malahide road is the hard part - but once your out early enough in the morning you shouldnt have a problem - I found it ok - but if you leave at 8 in morning that is when you really hit the bad traffic - dart is fine too -though it takes nearly 10-15 mins to drive to Raheny dart station cause of traffic on Malahide road in the mornings. Though Howth junction dart is nearer.

To be honest - yes Belmayne is off the Malahide -cause it is - but the address is Balgriffin Dublin 13 - to the left of the estate is "Castlemoyne" a lovely estate - and this too is Balgriffin - I just think guys - certain people - you really need to be living in the estate to make judgements - and a lovely estate it has turned out to be - cause I have never been in an estate before where every day they are cleaning down the roads and also the Landscaping company keep everything top notch when it comes to looking after flowers etc.... I mean guys no expense spared with this development. Yes there is darndale down the road and I mean down the road - no where near the estate - but surely that should not take away the fact that is a lovely estate - and all the amenities it is going to be close too - and dart coming on board in 2008 i believe!

cause I have never been in an estate before where every day they are cleaning down the roads and also the Landscaping company keep everything top notch when it comes to looking after flowers etc.... I mean guys no expense spared with this development. Yes there is darndale down the road and I mean down the road - no where near the estate - but surely that should not take away the fact that is a lovely estate - and all the amenities it is going to be close too - and dart coming on board in 2008 i believe!

Are you off your rocker? Of course they're keeping the place in top order - they still have a rake of places to shift!

Regarding Darndale- it is in fact very close in real terms, don't be fooling yourself.

I'm not bashing the place, but take your blinkers off!

I think the estate is one of the best I have seen. Two playgrounds, shops, ample parking, wide roads in the estate. Lovely landscaped square with a basketball court half court. Yes the gardens are small but where do you get big gardens these days. I think the prices are very good, a two bed 800 square foot apartment, for 350,000 and a balcony, cant get better than that. Its a 5 min drive to Portmarnock station where there is parking for at least a hundred cars. I got a 1500sq foot house for over 550k and Im very happy with that. Castlemoyne houses are going for 640k and thats for a 1431sq foot house and thats 1 min down the road.

Yes there is a halting site up the road but who cares, at least we can get our pots fixed close by if needed!

Such is life. Leave for work earlier then or cycle to the station

Are you off your rocker? Of course they're keeping the place in top order - they still have a rake of places to shift!

Regarding Darndale- it is in fact very close in real terms, don't be fooling yourself.

I'm not bashing the place, but take your blinkers off!

But so does every new estate - from now on have to obtain new market ploys (with the change in the market at the moment) and to be honest the prices in this estate are pretty expensive - so I reckon we should just leave it at that. But I can think of some very nice places over the southside where I wont mention names - but right beside them are horses etc....... I would rather be close enough to town, amenities etc - then live out to far, that takes me hours to get to work and home. But then we all have our own preferences.

Back