Belmayne, Malahide Rd, North Dublin?

I live even closer to Darndale then Belmayne and for all you people moving to Belmayne i will say this - in 10years i have lived here i have never had one ounce of trouble from Darndale (nor from the settled halting site beside Tesco which has been there for about 25 yrs) . Most people wouldnt even know the halting site was there if it wasnt pointed out and by the way there is another one at the baldoyle end of the balgriffin road which again has been there forever and you wouldnt know it.

its extremely well serviced as far as I can tell from my comings and goings in the area with some buses to the city centre every 10 minutes

Hi,
I bought a 3 bed house (Q1) last October, as there was no show unit for this type. I was shown by the selling agent the show unit for Q2 (3 storey house, with master bedroom on the hole top floor with double doors), she told me the only difference between the Q1 and the Q2 - the study in Q2 would be a walk in wardrobe and would be smaller.

I received the letter of completion last Friday to snag the property, I was very disappointed when I saw this unit, it is completely different from the outside to the unit I was lead to believe I purchased.

I am not happy at all with this house and I was totally mislead.

Has anyone else found this problem?

hi hano -something similar happened to me. i bought a 3 bed type 2 house last May and the house I got was a bit different to what I thought I would get. basically they chopped some space off the master bedroom and made the downstairs bigger.my solicitor told me it was within the building contract that when you buy off plans the builder is entitled to make changes. It seems that is the risk you take. wouldnt trust what the estate agents say, they are full of c**p.
Sorry to hear you are unhappy.

Hi Nell,
Thank you for your reply - i am in talks with the builder and the agent. They are keen to resolve the situation with all parties been happy. I have left the ball in there court, I have basically told them I not happy to proceed with the purchase as this is not what the unit I bought and it's a breech of contract on their part.

Fingers crossed they come back with a solution that I am happy about.

the house must be substantially different then? best of luck with it all. there is a forum called www.balgriffin.com you may find interesting to get other purchasers/residents experiences.
Nell

A friend of mine who has some property investments both an appartment in Clongriffin - dont know which development as there are several. He said that a high proportion of purchasers in his development were gazumped - those that paid their booking deposit, but still had not completed the contract. Developer refunded all the booking deposits and sold appartments at a higer price. Luckily my friend had completed his contract early and didnt lose his appartment. This happened a year or so ago, when prices were still rising rapidly - the current slow down might would make it difficult for a developer to get a higher price than agreed with the original proposed purchaser.

Back