Aviva vaccination centre - why the long queues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not shooting anything I'm simply questioning the importance of standing in a queue is more is a cause of angst when the reason is more important.

Are we now expecting the rollout of the vaccine to be tailored to ones expectations or for the good of the country as a whole?

Sometimes it's necessary to " suck up and plough on"
There is zero evidence of its necessity.

Expecting the MVCs to operate with a basic level of queue management isnt tailoring expectations. Its basic competence. Its not day one of their operation.

The good of the country doesnt require avica MVC to ignore the basics of dealing with a queue.
Other MVCs can do this.

You have done more than question its necessity. You have challenged the reports of ppl who had to queue in a kneejerk shoot the messenger with zero grounds to do so. I have no idea why.

There is zero evidence of its necessity.

Expecting the MVCs to operate with a basic level of queue management isnt tailoring expectations. Its basic competence. Its not day one.

The good of the country doesnt require avica MVC to ignore the basics of dealing with a queue.
Maybe your expectations are too high, there were and will continue to be little inconvenience's but by all means be outraged.

But try and not lose sight of the goal here its to get people vaccinated, and queue or weather shouldn't be a reason to undermine the work getting done.

No. I saw them. They were in the same queue as I was for all of the time. And the queues were just as long outdoors when I left.
Good evidence of uptake of the vaccine and the Government doesn't need to worry about hesitancy. Its all positive if you want it to be.

Good evidence of uptake of the vaccine and the Government doesn't need to worry about hesitancy. Its all positive if you want it to be.
I think the post is about two hour delays in a queue.....and not about the good news story of people being vaccinated. Two different topics.

Is this an ongoing issue or has it gotten worse since the HSE had to shut down almost the entirety of their IT system and anything that was connected to it?

Is this an ongoing issue or has it gotten worse since the HSE had to shut down almost the entirety of their IT system and anything that was connected to it?
I thought the vaccination program was unaffected by that.

This isn’t a consequence of the hack. This has been a feature of Aviva vaccinations from the start. Neighbour of mine who’s 70 had a 2 hour wait.

This has been a feature of Aviva vaccinations from the start. Neighbour of mine who’s 70 had a 2 hour wait.
I walk past the Aviva every day since I was vaccinated (30 minutes after arriving) just to monitor the queues. On the bank holiday Monday the queue stretched from the entrance right back to the Dart line. A friend waited two hours that day and I believe it was because people who had gone away for the bank holiday weekend turned up on the Monday. There has been only one other day where I noticed any queue and it was nowhere near as long as it was on the bank holiday Monday.

Well when I arrived Friday the queue snaked along in six rows between the stadium and elverys shop before going the whole way down the side of the stadium alongside the training pitch.

No, I'm saying your assertion that everyone going to the Aviva for vaccination spends hours in a queue is false.
I didn’t make that assertion. I said that anyone I know who’s been vaccinated in the Aviva has experienced significant waiting time. This remains the case.

Think it is an ongoing issue. I don't think it is every day but there are frequent reports of long delays at that location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back