Aviva says lowest car Insurance quote available is €280.

My wife's Aviva renewal is coming in at €280. However when I look at the breakdown, the actual amount of the premium is €235 including protected NCD. Aviva have a minimum charge of €280.

Has anyone received a lower quote than €280? (€266.67 plus €13.33 Gov. levy)

My wife's Aviva renewal is coming in at €280. However when I look at the breakdown, the actual amount of the premium is €235 including protected NCD. Aviva have a minimum charge of €280.

280 is the minimum premium available.

My mam has paid that for the last few years.

I'd recommend getting a 'free' add-on, as the premium will still be 280. For example, if she has voluntarily increased her excess, reduce that.

You could see if there are any addon's that you could avail of that would bring the premium up to the minimum €280
You might not need them now but in future years when/if the premium goes up you can remove them to reduce your future premium

Last year the lowest quote that I could get with Aviva was €280. The lowest quote for 2022 now seems to be €310. Has anyone else noticed this?

Last year the lowest quote that I could get with Aviva was €280. The lowest quote for 2022 now seems to be €310. Has anyone else noticed this?
Yep, it's on the website in the appendix section point one

"Offer of 15% discount only applies to new car insurance policies bought online. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. Subject to a minimum premium of €310 for car insurance. Aviva reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this offer or any of the terms and conditions there of at any time without prior notice."

And further down

"All discounts applied subject to minimum premium of €310."

Hi, mine is quoted over 700 euro, driving last 15years and no claims to match. How in earth can you get insurance thats cheap. May i no the stats please.
Years driving, years full licence. Years no claims bonus, type of car make, model and engine size.
Thanks

My renewal from Aviva is €310 Euro with a €300 excess. On checking Aviva's website if I was a "new" customer I can get it for €310 but with a €150 excess.

I got an online quote from Axa and it was €337.
I got an online quote from FBD and it was €356.
I got an online quote from Allianz and it was €346.

I get a discount from Aviva because I have another car plus my home insurance with them.

Does anyone know if I can get a similar discount from the above other companies if I have other policies with them? I would like to move from Aviva if the price was right.

@SoylentGreen what kind of car are you driving?

I am claims free and have my driving licence for decades but my insurance this year is €600.

May I echo the comments of @Interest% and @Páid.

I am claims-free for well over ten years, I am aged 40+, I have a standard, modest car.

I have paid:

2018 = AIG via An Post brokers = 700
2019 = AIG via An Post brokers = 560
2020 = FBD via An Post brokers = 575
2021 = Aviva Direct = 498

My premium has come down, okay yes, but not below 500.

Yet people are getting 280 / 320?????

Well my last renewal with Aviva was 340 and I'm 50+ with max no claims and a 17 year old car.

I have a 4 year old car. I am retired. I do less than 5k mileage every year. We have our second car plus home insurance with Aviva. No penalty points, claim free driving. I also think that a person's home address can influence a quote.

So Aviva have increased their minimum quote from €280 to €310. Have the other insurers done likewise?

Anyone having difficulty getting an online motor insurance quote from Zurich? After inputting my life history on their online form....I am told that they cannot give me a quote and I have to ring them in Wexford.

They then ask me would I like if they rang me.....but when I say yes....I get an "error" message.

So frustrating.

I am presently with Aviva and my car renewal quote is €310 for next year. I rang Zurich and they will do a bog standard policy for me for €285, If I want the full monty (same as Aviva) it increases to €305. Not really worth changing for €5.......or is it?

I will have my wife's car coming due for renewal shortly and I also will have my Home Insurance coming due.

Does anyone know if Zurich offer good deals on Home Insurance as I don't want to switch my cars over now to discover that my Home Insurance is expensive with them.

Does anyone know if Zurich offer good deals on Home Insurance as I don't want to switch my cars over now to discover that my Home Insurance is expensive with them.
You're free to insure your home with whoever offers the best quote, you should shop around for both every time they are up for renewal.

Back