Bank of Ireland Any BOI customers appealing their redress?

I haven't received any further communication or that increased payment yet. Hopefully it will be paid before the end of January.

U def need to appeal that, I'm going to prepare my appeal this week as BOI appeals are eight weeks.
I was given €1000 for legal fees but I think 10%compensation is a disgrace

I was looking at the appeals pack at the weekend. I understood from that, that the appeal has to go in within twelve months of receiving the redress.

Maybe if the 10% compensation was compounded interest on the actual interest overpayments for the full overcharging period it might feel somewhat more equitable than the 10% on the final redress figure like they are offering.

Even matching the surcharge interest rate that they apply to arrears and applying that to the inrerest overpayents would be a greater compensation than they're currently offering, particularly if the issue persisted for 7-9 years

Seems like the stick they use on people unfortunately not able to make their mortgage payments will not be applied to them (ie compounding the compensation)

Hi all Got a letter from the Appeals board telling me they have upheld my appeal.... This should be good news but I am very disappointed. They have awarded an extra €8000 but this is not satisfactory at all as 5800 was interest that I paid. There is no breakdown or explanation of what the €8000 is. It appears my appeal is closed. Anyone got an insight as to what my next step should be?

Hi all Got a letter from the Appeals board telling me they have upheld my appeal.... This should be good news but I am very disappointed. They have awarded an extra €8000 but this is not satisfactory at all as 5800 was interest that I paid. There is no breakdown or explanation of what the €8000 is. It appears my appeal is closed. Anyone got an insight as to what my next step should be?

Can you give me a breakdown of the reason for your appeal
Pm me if u don't want to put it here

Could you also clarify for us if you sought legal or professional financial advice before you submitted your appeal? Thanks

I wasn't sure I would bother with an appeal but the fact that BOI didn't bother to calculate my refund for a full year annoys me so much that perhaps I will submit something.......

Yeah go for it Threadser! I have calmed down now and am happy that my appeal was upheld.I think we can get a bit carried away and no matter what we get we want more!

Fiddlybits, can I ask when did you put your claim in. Did it take 40 days?. I am so happy for you, I know we always hope for more but just think this is now all over, a new chapter for you and enjoy spending the money.

@Ducky10 i did the appeal myself- sent on 10/01/18. Received reply that they received it in 5 working days and decision that it was upheld on Monday last 05/02/18 so the whole thing took just over 3 weeks. Glad it’s all over and best of luck to everyone appealing

@Ducky10 i did the appeal myself- sent on 10/01/18. Received reply that they received it in 5 working days and decision that it was upheld on Monday last 05/02/18 so the whole thing took just over 3 weeks. Glad it’s all over and best of luck to everyone appealing
have you money got or did they say how long would u be waiting

Thank you. I'm still putting my appeal together. Awaiting records BOI re my account etc.. I'm appealing on grounds of harrassment over missing one payment in 10 years!!

Back