Any BOI customers appealing their redress?

Discussion in 'Tracker Redress' started by maunie, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Threadser

Threadser Frequent Poster

I haven't received any further communication or that increased payment yet. Hopefully it will be paid before the end of January.

2. SirChenjin

SirChenjin Registered User

I was looking at the appeals pack at the weekend. I understood from that, that the appeal has to go in within twelve months of receiving the redress.

3. maunie

maunie Frequent Poster

Yes but what I meant was 8 weeks for a decision on ur appeal

SirChenjin likes this.
  4. SirChenjin

SirChenjin Registered User

Ah, right. That makes sense now to me.

maunie likes this.
  5. maunie

maunie Frequent Poster

Still haven't mine sent off as I'm awaiting my data protection pack from mortgage account

SirChenjin likes this.
  6. maunie

maunie Frequent Poster

Just bumping this to see if anyone has submitted their appeal yet

7. Fiddlybits

Fiddlybits Registered User

Hi Maunie- Yes I submitted appeal on January10th I received acknowledgement of receipt 7 working days later

maunie likes this.
  8. Stretchgoal

Stretchgoal Registered User

Maybe if the 10% compensation was compounded interest on the actual interest overpayments for the full overcharging period it might feel somewhat more equitable than the 10% on the final redress figure like they are offering.

Even matching the surcharge interest rate that they apply to arrears and applying that to the inrerest overpayents would be a greater compensation than they're currently offering, particularly if the issue persisted for 7-9 years

Seems like the stick they use on people unfortunately not able to make their mortgage payments will not be applied to them (ie compounding the compensation)

SirChenjin and maunie like this.
  9. Fiddlybits

Hi all Got a letter from the Appeals board telling me they have upheld my appeal.... This should be good news but I am very disappointed. They have awarded an extra €8000 but this is not satisfactory at all as 5800 was interest that I paid. There is no breakdown or explanation of what the €8000 is. It appears my appeal is closed. Anyone got an insight as to what my next step should be?

10. maunie

maunie Frequent Poster

Can you give me a breakdown of the reason for your appeal
    Pm me if u don't want to put it here

11. Threadser

Could you also clarify for us if you sought legal or professional financial advice before you submitted your appeal? Thanks

maunie likes this.
  12. Fiddlybits

No I did the Appeal myself

maunie likes this.
  13. Threadser

I wasn't sure I would bother with an appeal but the fact that BOI didn't bother to calculate my refund for a full year annoys me so much that perhaps I will submit something.......

maunie likes this.
  14. Fiddlybits

Yeah go for it Threadser! I have calmed down now and am happy that my appeal was upheld.I think we can get a bit carried away and no matter what we get we want more!

maunie likes this.
  15. Ducky10

Ducky10 Registered User

Fiddlybits, can I ask when did you put your claim in. Did it take 40 days?. I am so happy for you, I know we always hope for more but just think this is now all over, a new chapter for you and enjoy spending the money.

maunie likes this.
  16. maunie

maunie Frequent Poster

Twill cost us nothing to appeal only the stamp

17. Fiddlybits

@Ducky10 i did the appeal myself- sent on 10/01/18. Received reply that they received it in 5 working days and decision that it was upheld on Monday last 05/02/18 so the whole thing took just over 3 weeks. Glad it’s all over and best of luck to everyone appealing

maunie likes this.
  18. maunie

maunie Frequent Poster

have you money got or did they say how long would u be waiting

19. Fiddlybits

@maunie Yes I just have to accept it within 90 days

maunie likes this.
  20. maunie

maunie Frequent Poster

Thank you. I'm still putting my appeal together. Awaiting records BOI re my account etc.. I'm appealing on grounds of harrassment over missing one payment in 10 years!!