AIB AIB - who has appealed the €1650 /3.67% issue?

Got a reply during the week from BDO with a response from AIB who are adamant they've done nothing wrong and there was no financial loss to me. AIB got my house in 2016 due to it being unaffordable after the death of a co-borrower, but if I had been on the tracker around that period it would have been more than affordable.
I am going to reply to this to ask for proof of their assertion.
I did ring BDO to ask is it worth my while and was told that if there is ANYTHING you want to bring up, that replying is worth a punt rather than regretting not saying something if you feel you should. The bank have 10 days to respond then (after 5 days processing). I then got a letter from BDO the following day to say that when the appeal does go to the board it could take up to 18 weeks.

Hi Brendan

Appealed last year. Got a reply from BDO declining our appeal. They claim that the rates at the time would have exceeded that charged so we are at no financial loss, in their view.

Now with Ombudsman on this issue. Latest is they aren suggesting mediation. Will ask AIB do they want to offer anything. After that failing it’s a six month process of information gathering and then goes before Ombudsman for a decision. Would be better for all concerned if they just accepted their malfeasance, paid compensation and moved on.

Appealed back in March before the deadline. Most recent communication from BDO today. Letter today states the appeal is still receiving attention and is with the bank for review. Tracker panel anticipates being in a position to issue decision in 16-18 weeks. Once notified of decision can accept or reject . If reject may refer the matter to the ( FSPO) for adjudication and can also pursue complain through the courts

Similar to Yve111 above- appealed in March, received response on Friday stating 10 days to respond. Updated letter arrived on Monday saying we had till May 31 to submit response and that Tracker Panel should issue decision within 16 - 18 weeks.

Is everyone just getting the same response then? I was wondering if anyone knows what the actual tracker rates were between 2014 and up to when they started offering customers a return to the tracker rate in the last 14 months?

Hi David

Did you base your appeal on my template?

If so please email me a copy of their reply to brendan at this website.

Brendan
Hi Brendan ,
I am in the same position as DD. Received a reply from BDO dates 13/06/19 with a reply from AIB to my appeal, ( as based on your template) they note that this has not yet been considered by the AIB Tracker Panel. Unless I respond within 10 days they will just go ahead with the Appeal.

Should I respond or allow the the time lapse and let the appeal go ahead ?
( I will email you on AIB response )
Thanks very much

Back