AIB / EBS radio silence perception

Looks like no real AIB/EBS break through if government are saying only 30k in total are seen as impacted post submission deadline.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/irela...gage-scandal-says-paschal-donohoe-464682.html

Best wishes,
BW
I would take that report with a pinch of salt. The banks had until yesterday to report numbers to the Central Bank of redress since October. They have until year end to give a report on identified customers. This 'exclusive' was published in the Irish Examiner overnight, I can see it was placed online over 8 hours ago now. There is no way the Minister had access to any of those figures and it's all just pure speculation until the end of the year. This report by the Central Bank on Wednesday only relates to the progress since October as far as I know, and is details of redressed acounts. It's not a full report into identified accounts.

Still no word from AIB as to whether we are impacted despite receiving two letters stating that we are in the review. What I do find curious however is when I checked my mortgage online there seems to be an interest refund of €300 with a reference of 2009-2016. Do I take this to mean that this is our redress?? I would not be impressed. We have clause 3.2 in our t&cs stating we should have been offered a tracker at the end of our fixed. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

Back