AIB / EBS radio silence perception

Bikini Widow

Is it just me or is the silence from AIB/EBS deafening?

e.g. BOI and KBC have all made moves of some sort

Does anyone know if any sort of firm deadline has been agreed for a practical response from AIB/EBS ?

Many thanks,
BW

Believe me BOI are making all the right noises to the media etc.. but that's all they are doing Don't be fooled by the so called extra 6000 customers being compensated..

Received another 28 day letter in the post yesterday.....they're still sorry they have no further update.

Got my second 28 day letter yesterday also. We weren't on a tracker but had the 3.2 clause in the T&Cs. Not sure how things will play out for those of us in this cohort of customers!!

Believe me BOI are making all the right noises to the media etc.. but that's all they are doing Don't be fooled by the so called extra 6000 customers being compensated..
Hi Ryflava,
is it that you just dont believe there are an extra 6000 customers being compensated, or do have evidence of this.

Nationaldude

What was your specific scenario? Were you on a tracker or a fixed originally?

When did you take out your mortgage? I think this affects people between 2006 and 2009...can't be totally sure though.

We took out the mortgage Dec'07, stayed on tracker from day one we never fixed for any amount of time, the letter said although we weren't impacted that our a/c would still be analysed further and they will make a final decision in due course...and that will be their final answer.

I'm not hoping for anything I just want to make sure I wasn't overcharged, it's not only fixed to tracker mortgages that were affected.

KBC have not contacted one customer and have been telling people they will most likely miss the end of year deadline. That's their 2nd deadline missed.

Seems Monday might be interesting

https://www.irishtimes.com/business...sands-more-tracker-cases-identified-1.3328897

"It is understood that the banks have until the close of business on Monday to submit updated figures. There were indications on Friday that the industry figure for impacted mortgage holders may breach the 30,000 level as a result, including more than 7,000 cases resolved in 2010"

Best wishes,
BW

Got a second letter yestetday saying they are dealing with my questions re mortgage and will keep me updated every 28 days. Still no mortgage related documents sent out and it is a month since I requested them. Is there any update on whether customers who were not offered a tracker pre Oct 2008, fixed for a period of time and were again not offered a tracker rate?

Back