The Govt has been dragging their feet on this for years now:
-The terms of reference for the Review were published in April 2023 and a multi-disciplinary team was established.
-They sent their final report to Govt in Summer 2024.
-Govt held on to the report and only published it in Oct 2024, just after Budget 2025 was announced.
-Over the last year I'd hoped they were digesting the recommendations from the report. Fair enough, they needed time to strategise and implement.
-Based on the recent replies it seems like no plan has been agreed.
-I'm not holding my breath for any change to be announced in Budget 2026 unfortunately, but I'd love to be proven wrong
-The terms of reference for the Review were published in April 2023 and a multi-disciplinary team was established.
-They sent their final report to Govt in Summer 2024.
-Govt held on to the report and only published it in Oct 2024, just after Budget 2025 was announced.
-Over the last year I'd hoped they were digesting the recommendations from the report. Fair enough, they needed time to strategise and implement.
-Based on the recent replies it seems like no plan has been agreed.
-I'm not holding my breath for any change to be announced in Budget 2026 unfortunately, but I'd love to be proven wrong
Last edited: