Ulster 05 Oct 2017 10am Ulster Bank Finance Committee Hearing - Live Thread

Here here. ULSTER BANK GAVE US BACK THE MONEY YOU WRONGLY TOOK FROM US STARTING 9 YEARS AGO. STOP MESSING WITH FAMILIES!! STOP MAKING EXCUSES

I’m a BoI impacted customer; another Bank who is getting away with it all... I wonder should all affected customers group together if approaching the CB?

Oh I just had to sign up ! Been reading this board for months now and share all frustrations . I started my enquiry with the Bank 5 years ago !

Impacted since day 1 as took out mortgage 15 years ago . I was moved from tracker to variable without being notified at all . Multiple complaints to UB fell on deaf ears.

Furious as I have had to liquidate any asset I have to keep a growing family supported and actually decided not to have another child due to cash distress.

Recently had arguements with UB as when my payments are made my account goes slightly over my Od limit and the very next day I have debt control calling me .

Totally sick of it now. A 350k mortgage impacted since day 1 ought to be worth some redress !!

count me in for any protest ! And I will bring family and friends in support !!

I watched the entire show this morning and was sick to the teeth. 200 people can't sort out 3500 accounts in this long ?? Come on !! Their resolution strategy is so not customer focused and immoral !

Also , come on ! When something like this goes wrong , the first thing you do is find out where and why it went wrong ! Yet Mallon says that would be next step !! Incident management is , find route cause first and then put in preventative and corrective measures in place. They know who is at fault and it is top level !

That whole panel this morning where a joke on UB side and I wonder how they are fit for the Job .

I for one will be in trouble if I have to wait till mid 2018 and may have to sell before then !

Sorry to rant ! Got a chance to vent for once!

In my head I am getting the posters printed. Organising banners, doing press releases. I have never been so angry. Ulster bank have created a big mess and I will fight this to the bitter end. They have and are behaving atrociously. Today was born the Ulster Bank tracker Protest Group!

Am sure there are more people on the sidelines like I was and time to voice up !! So I encourage them to do so and let's get together in numbers - a chat board is a chat board but to see us in person on their door step would be a conveyance of reality . M

Have 2 issues

(i) the standard: was on a tracker, fixed. was put back on a variable interest rate.
(ii) found out was impacted when tried to move house. While moving house letter
dropped in door of old house confirming we were impacted. As such we are entitled
to tracker-mover-mortgage product. (tracker type interest rate for 10 years).

Re issue (i), shambles. no progress in 8 months.

Re issue (ii). We never got the mover mortage interest rate we were entitled to. As of today (October)
we are still paying the variable rate on our new mortgage even though we are entitled to the tracker (their terms ,their product).

Re (ii), wrote to them. Response, it's very complex issue. We'll sort it out as part of (i). (i.e Whenever)
We've been on the wrong rate (on the new mortgage) for a small number of months-what the **** is so complex about it ? Fix the rate in 2 minutes on the computer screen, send
us the difference. Job done.

They couldnt give a monkies. Each month we pay out more on our mortgage than we need to. The Central Bank say that the banks cant continue
to impact people but they are and have been.

Met with branch staff few months ago -took time off work during day for it. no progress.
Rang the helpline in August- 40 minute wait on the phone. no progress. Lodged complaints. Have got nothing in writing from these actions. Just silence.

Watched the hearing this morning. Its' an appalling mess particuarly the loss of homes.

Be interested in joining any protest.

Dear ulster bank, it would appear that you are having some difficulty with all the complicated number stuff. May I suggest that you release all the difficult paperwork that has all those baffling figures and dates and things to the customer along with a few quid so they can have an accountant work it out for you. If you're not happy with the result you can appeal the decision within twelve months or take it up with the ombudsman.

Ulster bank have a fraud report line on their website. Maybe we should all give it a try check if they have any information on the tracker scandal. Bound to be more interesting than repeatedly calling the tracker helpline and getting absolutely nowhere.

Only for this website, I would not have known about the tracker scandal and how much Ulster Bank could have conned me out of my tracker and overpayments.

I am one of the lucky 40 thus far that have had their mortgage adjusted back to what it should have been and MY overpaid amount refunded to me. Yes, it was MY money that they held onto fraudulently for over 6 years.

When I came to realise there was a problem and that I was likely affected, the vast majority of cases like mine were been thrown out by the FSO with no recourse to appeal. That scared the daylights out of me. Because of that, I engaged the services of Padraic Kissane to fight on my behalf and get my tracker back.

And fight Padraic did, as he has done tirelessly over the years for so many others.

My tracker was restored and my overpayments refunded within 5 months of Padraic taking my case. In doing so, they still claimed that they were right and we were wrong but that they were restoring me back to my previous tracker "as a gesture of good will". The arrogance of that letter I received just beggars belief knowing what we know now in 2017.

I got no balancing statement from Ulster Bank, no breakdown whatsoever of how they came to their final figure.

I got no compensation

I got no refund of the fees I gladly paid Padraic for the trojan work that he did on my behalf.

I'm not done with Ulster Bank just yet.

Folks I hope to speak about this on RTÉ1 radio this morning between 10-11 about Ulster Bank. Please tune in/email/tweet the Sean O’Rourke show to try and get as many of your messages on air.

I will support any protest. 3500 cheated people shouting in Dublin . Padraic Kissane said the word reputation in his interview on RTE. This is how to hurt a bank.

Back