Ulster 05 Oct 2017 10am Ulster Bank Finance Committee Hearing - Live Thread

As I listen to RTE1 to hear @SaySomething talk about the Tracker debacle this is what appears at the bottom of the the page. Outraged.
upload_2017-10-6_10-7-39.png

Well done Saysomething On Sean O'Rourke RTE1 radio a few moments ago! Powerful words on how you and others have been treated by Ulster Bank.Thank you also John McGuinness for commending the work of Padraic Kissane and also highlighting the shocking behaviour of KBC blanking the Oireachtas last week. The Central Bank need to get up off their backside and get Deadlines/Sactions in place for all the banks!

I thought the Committee did a very good job yesterday but I was frustrated that the very simple question was not asked:

'What is your methodology for processing the affected customers and providing redress?' Or another way of putting it 'What was it about the (less than) 40 customers that you have paid back, that made you prioritise them? Why did the not ask Ulsterbank 'What targets have you set in terms of customers per week/ month being redressed? 'How do you determine who will be redressed next?'

These are not trivial questions. Some of the frustration we currently have could be lessened if we have an idea of the time frame involved. Like waiting for a delayed train; it's not as frustrating when the tannoy tells you why it's delayed and when it will arrive.

Folks I hope to speak about this on RTÉ1 radio this morning between 10-11 about Ulster Bank. Please tune in/email/tweet the Sean O’Rourke show to try and get as many of your messages on air.
Hi SS, I scrolled through Sean O'Rourke on the player but couldn't find your segment.

I got a full Ulster Bank add before listening to the snip from the RTE show yesterday. Telling me how wonderful they are.
I think perhaps the way to go is to recontact those who we emailed before the hearing yesterday and ask them to obtain clarification on when we will be offered payment and redress. Sometime next year is not good enough!

I had to go from tracker to interest only for a year because sterling weakened and my mortgage rose by over a third. it was that or sell the house. After the interest only ended no choice was offered and was put on a rate that was linked to current bank interest but never came down below 4.5%. at a much larger sum each month than on the tracker. Borrowed in the north to keep afloat, much soul searching and decisions to make.

So this shower owe me and I want to know when I will get paid. 200 staff working 37 hours a week for 48 weeks of the year is 355200 man hours. Divide that by 40 and you get 8880 man hours to resolve each case. Now you know where your e20000000 is going. 8880 multiplied by 3500 is over 31 million hours.

Can't say I feel better for this rant but those who spoke on our behalf let UB off the hook. But the phrase "get your finger out works on so many levels"!

Back