Ulster 05 Oct 2017 10am Ulster Bank Finance Committee Hearing - Live Thread

J McGuinness ask G Mallon to revert with specific actions he will take to improve their performance

Michael McGrath asking about customers who have switched their mortgages to another bank. How are you going to deal with that issue? Are you going to take them back?
UB
They may take some customers back. They are going to take into account the increased interest rate on the newer mortgage for the life of the loan in the context of redress and compensation. @notabene FYI.

Does anybody know how many First Active potentially should be on Tracker. It appears none have been reviewed ❓

Only 2 posters on here seem to have been identified as impacted, from what I can figure out. I’m not aware of anyone else either via AAM or in real life. I would argue that there are potentially many more that should be returned to tracker / including myself!

Last edited:
Ulster Bank say that they submitted their Phase 2 final report on the 31st of March 2017. This can't be right? Can it? That much ahead of the September deadline?

I'm glad Blair got his comeuppance. It's not the first misleading thing he has said...

@SaySomething thank you! and for going in - did they say what the higher interest rate is?

The deadline to Sept was only extended in March though wasn't it so perhaps they had been ready to submit for deadline in March? When I met with them last Dec that was what they had said they were aiming for - but really at this stage hard to know what is going on sometimes.

@SaySomething sorry one more question - they didn't mention any criteria on taking back customers? just a very general may take some back?
Basically yes. They keep on yammering on using the 'complexity' argument. But from what I've seen today, they are very unsure of themselves and how they're going to do this. It's not set yet. Just so non committal. Very difficult to trust what we are being told.
Gerry Horkan talking now about switchers.
The majority of whom have not been contacted yet!!!!!

@saysoemthing i'm not surprised that most switchers wouldn't have been contacted yet - I would be fairly sure mine was earlier due to relentlessness! It wouldn't surprise me that they are unsure of how to sort it - not an easy solution in many cases

Thank god he didn't get an easy pass in there and has to be back in a week. This piece of work is only a yes man for rbs and no backbone. Couldn't lie straight in a bed. Hopefully they actually have real facts figures and dates next week

Back