Why buy Renault?

As an aside Citroen and Peugeot are no better either.

I disagree if you are talking about the following motors.

A company I previously worked for ran a fleet of Ford Mondeo's, VW Passats and Peugeot 407's

Stats that I have seen along with costs ran like this

Mondeo & Peugeot 407's were the most reliable with the Peugeot diesels more reliable than the Ford's

The Passat's had the most costly breakdowns of the lot with loads of niggling electrical faults

Much wider and therefore better based opinions based on real life surveys - J.D.Power, What Car etc. strongly suggest that French cars are generally relatively poorly built, and suffer a high level of unreliability and breakdowns.

There are exceptions such as the Renault Clio.

Many Corporate fleets expressly banned the last Renault Laguna. They were diabolically unreliable.

mrs. hansov just brought her Scenic in for service to hear at 34,000 km that she needs front and back brake pads. Is this common?
56k on our Grand Scenic, brakes are fine, never changed. Maybe down to driving style?

i bought a Scenic (00) 3 years ago and have added about 40k miles with no major problems. Simply wear and tear (brake pads, tyres etc).
I love it due to the space it gives and safety features. I saw a top gear episode where they crash tested a 3,4 and 5 star car. The difference was bigger than I thought! I love the individual seats and the big boot. The raised driving position and lifting kids in and out is easier because of the height of the car.
I have a 1.6 petrol engine which is rubbish. But I wouldn't be adverse to getting another one though I would go for a bigger, diesel engine.

Back